Are the Vikings for real?

notthatbluestuff

At this point, a SB run for this Vikings team would be one of the more improbable ones in NFL history.

Interesting to see where they go from here. They have a stud LT and WR on rookie deals for 1 more year, so they can either run it back with Cousins or punt on a rookie QB and play the long game. As a fan, I'd rather they take a chance on a rookie.

Edited by Nzd07

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

Yeah let’s look at the list of Super Bowl winners and their schedules, did anyone ever get blown out this bad? Not to my knowledge. 

Vikings are still a very very good team though. If they made the NFC Title game there should not be much surprise. I just don’t see them in the Super Bowl, and especially winning the Super Bowl, after a game like this. They were exposed. 

NE got blown out vs KC and Bellicheck went " we are on to Cincinnati".  I think they went to the Superbowl that year and beat Seattle. 

Big difference in Brady + Bellicheck vs Cousins + McDonnell

They’re certainly better than the 3-40 effort today. They probably rally and beat NE on Thursday. They’ll be a top 3 seed in the NFC without question, and we know they’re good enough to go out on the road and win tough games against very good football teams. Let’s not do a 180 degree turn on the Vikings just because they got embarrassed by a pissed off Cowboys team that sacked Cousins 7 times. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NoFlyZone said:

Let’s not do a 180 degree turn on the Vikings just because they got embarrassed by a pissed off Cowboys team that sacked Cousins 7 times.

The thing is, people weren't sure that they were any good when they were 8-1. Or at least nowhere near as good as that record would normally suggest

Even if it isn't the Vikings themselves that people doubt... what has anyone seen from Kirk Cousins this season that gives them the impression he has what it takes to win 2-3 playoff games?  His numbers aren't much better than Russell Wilson outside of completion percentage and the eye test backs it up.  Dude has sucked.

And the Vikings definitely do not look like the kind of team that can carry a mediocre QB through the playoffs.  They don't do any one thing extremely well.  Middle of the road running team that is reliant on a RB with an injury history.  Defense is average at best and the pass defense in particular is blah.  

I mean record outside... why would anyone buy into the Vikings as a contender?  Even ignoring the Cowboys game.  Leave that out of the equation and just focus on the other 9 games.  Why should we buy into them?  What do they do so well that would have me thinking they are a huge threat?  Even with the NFC being as weak as it is, 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, NoFlyZone said:

They’re certainly better than the 3-40 effort today. They probably rally and beat NE on Thursday. They’ll be a top 3 seed in the NFC without question, and we know they’re good enough to go out on the road and win tough games against very good football teams. Let’s not do a 180 degree turn on the Vikings just because they got embarrassed by a pissed off Cowboys team that sacked Cousins 7 times. 

Hehe our bad

• Like 1