Week 2 Thieves: The "Nathanial Hackjob" Edition

AFlaccoSeagulls

1 hour ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Meh. Your HC and QB should probably just not be incompetent if they don't want the fans to treat them as such.

If you don't want fans to count down the play clock..... get plays off in time.

Yeh, sounds like a great way to voice your displeasure - acting in a way that hurts the team in game 2 of the season ...

American sports fans are just the worst sometimes.

Hackett looks like he shouldn’t be coaching a high school team 

he’s just way in over his head. I can’t believe it’s actually so clearly showing how unfit he is to be out there coaching. Like by his own facial expression he looks like he’s in over his head. 

hopefully he can fix it, but he needs to get a senior coach on his staff to help him out. Dude looks like a deer in headlights 

1 hour ago, lomaxgrUK said:

Yeh, sounds like a great way to voice your displeasure - acting in a way that hurts the team in game 2 of the season ...

I watched your national football team lose to Hungary a few months ago. Fans are red faced rabid booing and swearing at the team’s head coach. 

Spider-Man Reaction GIF

1 hour ago, lomaxgrUK said:

Surely we need to get up in arms about fans counting down a timer that their offense has regularly missed because it hurts the team. But lets just ignore the fact that the defense is also able to see said timer and keep track of it.

What a completely bizarre thing to get up in arms about lol. 

13 minutes ago, BigTrav said:

I watched your national football team lose to Hungary a few months ago. Fans are red faced rabid booing and swearing at the team’s head coach. 

Spider-Man Reaction GIF

Never said anything about booing, did I? 

1 minute ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Surely we need to get up in arms about fans counting down a timer that their offense has regularly missed because it hurts the team. But lets just ignore the fact that the defense is also able to see said timer and keep track of it.

What a completely bizarre thing to get up in arms about lol. 

Trying to look at the playclock whilst focusing on your opponent/the snap is very clearly more difficult than 50,000 people shouting it. Pretty easy thing to figure out.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lomaxgrUK said:

Alright, so how is trashing other cities then? That any better? 
yeah, American fans are the worst…

a Brit calling American fans the worst is like Bezos calling Musk a greedy capitalist pig 

Edited by BigTrav

12 minutes ago, lomaxgrUK said:

Trying to look at the playclock whilst focusing on your opponent/the snap is very clearly more difficult than 50,000 people shouting it. Pretty easy thing to figure out.

Why do you have to look at the clock to know it is counting down? Surely they can glance at it around 10/15 seconds and keep a mental timer right?

You are literally making a big deal out of nothing. Wilson commented on it and didn't complain. 

Yeah, I guess that was helpful if needed. I guess they do that in basketball sometimes—you know I’ve been around some basketball players and stuff like that,” Wilson said. “This crowd was amazing tonight. Once again, how they were especially when the defense was out there with the game on the line—I know how hard that is as a quarterback hearing all of that noise and all that tenacity. That was great that our fans we’re really into it and just a great football crowd for sure.

Do you think if he thought the fans were putting him in a disadvantageous situation he would say this?

The fans counting was a funny troll because of the blatant incompetence from the HC. If you don't want to be trolled, be better.

Edited by AZ_Eaglesfan

39 minutes ago, brownie man said:

he’s just way in over his head. I can’t believe it’s actually so clearly showing how unfit he is to be out there coaching. Like by his own facial expression he looks like he’s in over his head. 

Who he reminds me of in this respect, and @Forge feel free to chime in here with comment, is Jim Tomsula.

3 hours ago, lomaxgrUK said:

4 hours ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Meh. Your HC and QB should probably just not be incompetent if they don't want the fans to treat them as such.

If you don't want fans to count down the play clock..... get plays off in time.

The sad part is both statements are 100 percent correct.

1.  It definitely helps the D as much, if not more, to count out the clock - they can time the get off perfectly as the clock hits 0....which is what is happening when the team isn't getting the ball off until either 0 or 1.  Which we did far too often (again, that's on Hackett not getting the play in until 20 or fewer secs are on the clock, and they're a huddle based O).   @lomaxgrUK is spot on.    

2.  It's also true that it's only happening because the fans are so desperate to avoid another time count violation at a critical time.  If Hackett wasn't awful at this part to the point the crowd sees this - they wouldn't have kept doing it.  It also wouldn't such an issue if we were better at getting the plays in to the O sooner, so we're not always snapping at the 0-2 sec left mark.  That's on the coaches.  @AZ_Eaglesfan has a point.

Sometimes, it's not binary.  Both statements are accurate.    Honestly, no need to make a bigger point.   

Moving on....to next week, when Hackett will probably be in this thread again (even if he's better, hard to believe all of his problems won't come up again - and if it shows no improvement from Week 2 to Week 3 like he showed no improvement from Week 1 to 2 <which is mind-boggling, and which @lomaxgrUK even referenced in our own GDT>), well....can't even imagine to see how THAT would go down).

Edited by Broncofan

4 hours ago, Dr LBC said:

Who he reminds me of in this respect, and @Forge feel free to chime in here with comment, is Jim Tomsula.

I always though tomsula got a bit of a bad rep. He did manage 5 wins in a season half started by Blaine gabbert lol.

But yeah, he was in over his head and he couldn't get anyone on the staff, which was another problem. He just wasn't ready. He had never even been a coordinatorl. Also, terrible public speaker which made it even worse

1 hour ago, BroncoSojia said:

This is a case of screenshots being misleading. He looked Javonte Williams open on that play and then threw it to him. The ball was batted down.

You're forgetting the part where the ball was batted down because Russ threw it into the facemask of a defensive lineman after Javonte was standing there for 3 seconds.

• Like 1