The Good, the Bad the fire this organization into the sun vs. Cardinals

RaidersAreOne

2 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Exactly! Your last two statements are why I'm most frustrated. I've said it continuously but them not playing in the preseason was a big mistake. Bengals are completely out of sync as well and they didn't play any starters either. Those snaps do matter. Pretty hard to argue against it IMO

In the first week, qbs who played in preseason went 6-1 vs qbs who didn't. Why coaches have completely thrown away preseason, I just don't know

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

In the first week, qbs who played in preseason went 6-1 vs qbs who didn't. Why coaches have completely thrown away preseason, I just don't know

I get wanting to protect your prized investments but at what cost? If we were to hit our stride and miss the playoffs by one game, that's when I'll really be upset. There's certainly a fine line here but w/ so many new pieces up top, w/in our organization, and brand new schemes, it just made no sense for them not to play.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Exactly

We knew with the defense was going into the season and we didn't expect the defense to carry us going to the season.

With all the money we had thrown into the offensive Side of the ball combined with the fact that we got rid of a coach that took us to the playoff in favor of another coach that is more often to mind it and actually it's supposed to be an offensive guru, we should see much more out of the offense and we have not. bottom line 

I'd still have to counter and say that even a league average D would find a way to not give up a 20 play drive, multiple 4th downs, a TD, and a 2 pointer. 

If the D was gassed the last 2 AZ drives across 30 plays, it's because they couldn't get themselves off the field.

It's not like it was one 3-and-out after the next from the offense. It was 1 3-and-out and a 5 play drive that are up 3 minutes of game clock that saw the defense totally implode. 

Even great offenses have a couple of 3-and-outs in a game and some lower than expected point totals. 

League average defenses don't implode that spectacularly and whiff on that many opportunities to put a game away (multiple 4rh downs, multiple TDs, multiple 2 point conversions). 

In week 1, the offense, particularly Carr, put the D in bad situations. 

In week 2, the D couldn't maintain a 3 score game that requires the opponent to have literally every single thing go their way. 

Bottom line is the D was putrid after half time and couldn't get themselves off the field or maintain the lead through every low percentage requirement Arizona needed to to get. 

Renfrow lost the game by deciding he was now incapable of holding onto the ball, but we shouldn't have been in that spot given the near impossible odds Arizona had to overcome on offense to get us there. 

• Like 3

we looked great in the 1st half when we were mixing up run and pass and Carr was distributing the ball. Need to stay balanced. Carr also needs to step it up, hes missed some reads and throws that he normally makes. This is a good team, just need to put it all together. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

I'd still have to counter and say that even a league average D would find a way to not give up a 20 play drive, multiple 4th downs, a TD, and a 2 pointer. 

If the D was gassed the last 2 AZ drives across 30 plays, it's because they couldn't get themselves off the field.

It's not like it was one 3-and-out after the next from the offense. It was 1 3-and-out and a 5 play drive that are up 3 minutes of game clock that saw the defense totally implode. 

Even great offenses have a couple of 3-and-outs in a game and some lower than expected point totals. 

League average defenses don't implode that spectacularly and whiff on that many opportunities to put a game away (multiple 4rh downs, multiple TDs, multiple 2 point conversions). 

In week 1, the offense, particularly Carr, put the D in bad situations. 

In week 2, the D couldn't maintain a 3 score game that requires the opponent to have literally every single thing go their way. 

Bottom line is the D was putrid after half time and couldn't get themselves off the field or maintain the lead through every low percentage requirement Arizona needed to to get. 

Renfrow lost the game by deciding he was now incapable of holding onto the ball, but we shouldn't have been in that spot given the near impossible odds Arizona had to overcome on offense to get us there. 

Depends how long they're on the field. The announcer said that the offense hadn't been on the field for 30 minutes at what point. 

And again, average offenses don't score 3 points in one half. This is especially once you add in arguably the best Wr in the game and an "offensive guru" who was top 5 in scoring on his previous team.

4 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

There is, yes, but we're also a fluke fumble away from being 1-1 and played the Chargers very competitively. All of this while none of our starters getting any game time in until the regular season. I get that people may want to get a little upset about an emotional loss but I'm just trying to keep things in perspective here.

And who's fault is the preseason??

20 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Depends how long they're on the field. The announcer said that the offense hadn't been on the field for 30 minutes at what point. 

And again, average offenses don't score 3 points in one half. This is especially once you add in arguably the best Wr in the game and an "offensive guru" who was top 5 in scoring on his previous team.

1. The offense doesn't tag in for a hot tag whenever they want, the D has the responsibility to get off the field. 

2. The Saints just did. The Bengals just did. The Vikings just put up a nothing burger in a half. Arizona put up a nothing burger in a half. That's just week 2, and all of those teams have at least league average offenses. 

In week 1, the Rams put up zero in a half. Ditto Green Bay. Dallas scored 3 points for an entire game. 

You gonna tell me that there are at least 16 better offenses in this league than New Orleans, Cincinnati, Minnesota, Arizona, LA Rams, Green Bay, and Dallas? 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

1. The offense doesn't tag in for a hot tag whenever they want, the D has the responsibility to get off the field. 

Yes, the defense needs to get off the field on 3rd down, but the offense can't keep them on the field for 24 mins in the second half. Both things can be true.

Just now, big_palooka said:

Yes, the defense needs to get off the field on 3rd down, but the offense can't keep them on the field for 24 mins in the second half. Both things can be true.

3rd down?????? We're talking 3rd down?????? 

Get them off the field on 4th down instead of allowing conversion after conversion, and I'll soften my stance enough to talk about 3rd down. 

3rd down doesn't even need to come into the conversation following that travesty of a performance.

• Like 1

If we blowout the Titans I’ll feel a lot better, but 0-2 is such a red flag already. Good teams rarely ever go 0-2. 

If we go 0-3, I think we definitely made a mistake with McDaniels. Our roster may not be Bills level but it’s at least a middle of the pack roster at worse. They should not be 0-3 under any circumstances unless the coaching is just terrible. 

Edited by BayRaider

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

If we blowout the Titans I’ll feel a lot better, but 0-2 is such a red flag already. Good teams rarely ever go 0-2. 

If we go 0-3, I think we definitely made a mistake with McDaniels. Our roster may not be Bills level but it’s at least a middle of the pack roster at worse. They should not be 0-3 under any circumstances unless the coaching is just terrible. 

I look for them to bounce back. Tannehill is not a good QB. Doesn't move like Murray. They should be able to attack him. WRs are nothing great. Defense is stout. Simmons could create some issues on the interior. 

X factors will be the early start time and the Titans are also 0-2 coming off an embarassing loss. They are going to be looking to right their ship at home. 

1 minute ago, big_palooka said:

I look for them to bounce back. Tannehill is not a good QB. Doesn't move like Murray. They should be able to attack him. WRs are nothing great. Defense is stout. Simmons could create some issues on the interior. 

X factors will be the early start time and the Titans are also 0-2 coming off an embarassing loss. They are going to be looking to right their ship at home. 

Titans look like a 4-13 team. Henry’s age is showing (28 is the decline age for RB’s just like 33 is for WR’s) and Tannehil has showed he is meh at best without Henry being good. We have been competitive in both of our games and probably the best 0-2 team in the league, (woo what an accomplishment!). 

If we lose to the Titans, heads need to roll. I want a convincing win. It doesn’t have to be as dominating as the Bills, the Bills are the best team in the NFL. But I want a 31-20 win or something along those lines. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

Titans look like a 4-13 team. Henry’s age is showing (28 is the decline age for RB’s just like 33 is for WR’s) and Tannehil has showed he is meh at best without Henry being good. We have been competitive in both of our games and probably the best 0-2 team in the league, (woo what an accomplishment!). 

If we lose to the Titans, heads need to roll. I want a convincing win. It doesn’t have to be as dominating as the Bills, the Bills are the best team in the NFL. But I want a 31-20 win or something along those lines. 

A 2 score win would be my minimum to call it real progress. 

Arizona and LA are probably playoff bound or very close to. Gut wrenching losses against them suck, but they're not bad teams. We just had trouble getting going the first game and trouble closing the second. 

Tennessee looks like a bad team. If we struggle with them, I'd be worried even with a win. Right now, we look like we took a step back rather than forward. That can change, but it's definitely troubling

If we lose to Tennessee, panic button time. Our roster isn't that level of bad and nobody has played both games THAT badly. Not the RBs, not the WRs (except Renfrow's back to back fumbles), not Carr, not the D, not the OL. 1-2 wouldn't be optimal, considering all 3 look perfectly winnable in retrospect. But 0-3, gotta start thinking McDaniels has a problem on his hands. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

2. The Saints just did. The Bengals just did. The Vikings just put up a nothing burger in a half. Arizona put up a nothing burger in a half. That's just week 2, and all of those teams have at least league average offenses. 

In week 1, the Rams put up zero in a half. Ditto Green Bay. Dallas scored 3 points for an entire game. 

You gonna tell me that there are at least 16 better offenses in this league than New Orleans, Cincinnati, Minnesota, Arizona, LA Rams, Green Bay, and Dallas? 

the saints played the bucs 

vikings played the eagles 

Cincy played the steelers 

Green bay played the vikings (Their offense is going to cool of imo)

Rams played the bills 

Dallas played the bucs 

We played the cardinals 

Of these teams who played against the worst defense?