Week 3: Packers @ Tampa Bay Bucs - PG: Packers WIN 14-12, Move to 2-1!

FAH1223

4 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I think he keeps waiting for his knee to be 100 percent, but after three surgeries it's probably never going to be 100 percent again.  He's going to have to decide whether to play with discomfort or hang up the cleats.  If he's not going to play then I'm not sure how the Packers hold a roster spot for him all year.  

Ghost, I don't think I agree on this?  I'm sure he understands it will never be the same, his comments have expressed that.  But if it's bloating up and filling with fluids, there are levels that are more than "discomfort".  

• Like 1

Doubs only WR not on injury report yesterday.  (Toure and Amari also, but they're not actually with the used WR rotation.). 

Both Watkins and Watson with hamstring; neither were listed last week, so this isn't just status quo.  Cobb illness, we'll see; Lazard the same ankle.  And Lewis groin.  

Perhaps no issue, and they'll all be fine come Sunday. But if Doubs is the only guy feeling 100% and running fast on Sunday, maybe he'll get a few more snaps?  

Given how Bowles has defended MLF/Rodgers in past, I wish Watkins and Watson (and Lazard and Lewis too) were able to run freely at full speed? 

My recall is Bowles was willing to compress his defensive resources to stifle all the short stuff that MLF and Rodgers prefer.  Didn't play Adams with big cushion, compressed the field so that it was crowded everywhere.  Running was crowded, limited space; and all the short underneath stuff was compressed and crowded. Hard for Rodgers to fine short quick throws because all the short/quick areas of the field were saturated.  

Bowles usually didn't cover Lewis at all.  

Adams was never a speedy downfield guy, and I don't think Packers had threats to punish Bowles deep, or else Rodgers misfired when he tried.  But I'm kinda thinking that *IF* a defense is willing to expose deep in order to flood the short stuff, that a game could perhaps turn on one or more downfield completions?  But if Watkins and Watson have hamstrings that can't fly downfield, punishing Bowles for crowding upfield may be less likely to either be attempted or to succeed?  

Edited by craig

1 hour ago, craig said:

Ghost, I don't think I agree on this?  I'm sure he understands it will never be the same, his comments have expressed that.  But if it's bloating up and filling with fluids, there are levels that are more than "discomfort".  

If it's still filling up with fluid after a 3rd surgery that knee is probably fooked.  I see Bak is practicing today, so it's hard to say exactly what is going on.  

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

So Watkins made it 2 weeks before he had hamstring issues. Better than I expected tbh. Also, goddamn, who the hell stepped on Lazard in practice? This ankle sprain has been affecting him for 3+ weeks now

Caleb Jones, for real, IIRC

• Like 1

1 hour ago, deltarich87 said:

So Watkins made it 2 weeks before he had hamstring issues. Better than I expected tbh. Also, goddamn, who the hell stepped on Lazard in practice? This ankle sprain has been affecting him for 3+ weeks now

Hell, at least he's been healthier than Watson. Dude is 23 years old.