Week 3: Packers @ Tampa Bay Bucs - PG: Packers WIN 14-12, Move to 2-1!

FAH1223

9 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Sure doesn't look good.  Don't think he practiced again today either.  I'm pretty much ready to just give up on the dude.  This has been going on for far too long.  Something isn't right with that knee and it's looking more and more likely that he'll never recover.  Sucks think the Packers will need to draft a LT come next year.  Like Nijman he's adequate but that is not good enough.  Should have PUP'd him.  Waste of a roster spot.  It's kind of like shades of Derrick Sherrod all over again. 

If he can't play iIm sure they'll just IR him at some point so they can open a spot. PUP would have worked by likely they figured he could have played before the what 4-6 week window for PUP players. 

So not point in doing it now, let him rep up maybe in practice and at worst either get comfortable on that knee or get himself resigned to being out for good on IR and cut next year. 

Sucks but if he was on PUP he would not be able to practice at all right?  

22 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Sure doesn't look good.  Don't think he practiced again today either.  I'm pretty much ready to just give up on the dude.  This has been going on for far too long.  Something isn't right with that knee and it's looking more and more likely that he'll never recover.  Sucks think the Packers will need to draft a LT come next year.  Like Nijman he's adequate but that is not good enough.  Should have PUP'd him.  Waste of a roster spot.  It's kind of like shades of Derrick Sherrod all over again. 

The plan should probably be to pay Jenkins, move him to LT, and insert Tom at RT.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cpdaly23 said:

The plan should probably be to pay Jenkins, move him to LT, and insert Tom at RT.

Haven't seen enough of Tom yet.  Maybe he could be the guy.  For this year anyway.  Gotta have stud OT's.  Really sucks about Bak.  Now watch him play this week.  Got to think they had this game penciled in for his return.  If he can't go I'm thinking the dude is done.  

1 minute ago, Scoremore said:

Haven't seen enough of Tom yet.  Maybe he could be the guy.  For this year anyway.  Gotta have stud OT's.  Really sucks about Bak.  Now watch him play this week.  Got to think they had this game penciled in for his return.  If he can't go I'm thinking the dude is done.  

Yeah…. Not sure how they continue to claim there hasn’t been another setback when he wasn’t able to practice today.

27 minutes ago, Cpdaly23 said:

Rather ride with Nijman at LT. I think Tom is so athletic he could turn into a top LT when they get him NFL strong. You still have Ryhan, Walker and Jones as rookie o-line with upside. I say that in spite of what Ryhan has shown so far which is nothing. 

Nijman is fine. The NFC is falling apart right now, every team has problems.  Nijman isn't nearly the biggest problem on the team. He's young and hypothetically should get better as he gains experience.

He hasn't been perfect but the two teams we've faced have strong pass rushes and he's more than held his own. I'm excited to see him in action this weekend, I think he's going to have a great game.

Maybe Myers will look less lost and Jenkins less rusty. I have a good feeling about our O-line this game.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Scoremore said:

Far too long for you perhaps, not necessarily too long for Bakhtiari himself, or the coaches. There is a difference between a slow recovery and a never-gonna-be-right-again prognosis. You have obviously given up on him at this point while I haven't, not yet. If he cannot go all year THEN I call his career finished. The Packers have been patient with O linemen  in the past (see Mike Flanagan) - a different regime now, but possibly a similar philosophy.

https://www.packers.com/news/despite-injuries-string-of-bad-luck-flanagan-brings-home-super-bowl-ring-2450950

7 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

Far too long for you perhaps, not necessarily too long for Bakhtiari himself, or the coaches. There is a difference between a slow recovery and a never-gonna-be-right-again prognosis. You have obviously given up on him at this point while I haven't, not yet. If he cannot go all year THEN I call his career finished. The Packers have been patient with O linemen  in the past (see Mike Flanagan) - a different regime now, but possibly a similar philosophy.

https://www.packers.com/news/despite-injuries-string-of-bad-luck-flanagan-brings-home-super-bowl-ring-2450950

Didn't we try and trade Flanagan and he failed the physical? I want to say it was to the Eagles. 

EDIT: It was to Carolina.

Edited by Old Guy

14 hours ago, deltarich87 said:

It really does suck that Bak continues to have long term complications from his ACL injury. It's a significant injury but it's so common place in the sport that you just sort of write it off as something they recover from after a year and thats that. REally hope he can get over this hump and return to his HOF level play.

I think he keeps waiting for his knee to be 100 percent, but after three surgeries it's probably never going to be 100 percent again.  He's going to have to decide whether to play with discomfort or hang up the cleats.  If he's not going to play then I'm not sure how the Packers hold a roster spot for him all year.  

8 hours ago, Sandy said:

Nijman is fine. The NFC is falling apart right now, every team has problems.  Nijman isn't nearly the biggest problem on the team. He's young and hypothetically should get better as he gains experience.

He hasn't been perfect but the two teams we've faced have strong pass rushes and he's more than held his own. I'm excited to see him in action this weekend, I think he's going to have a great game.

Maybe Myers will look less lost and Jenkins less rusty. I have a good feeling about our O-line this game.

Myers is a funny one .. he gets out to the second and third level to block and then looks around like Vincent Vega trying to figure out where the sound is coming from.  Just block anybody!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Myers is a funny one .. he gets out to the second and third level to block and then looks around like Vincent Vega trying to figure out where the sound is coming from.  Just block anybody!

To be a bit of an apologist for Myers, I think it's maybe unrealistic to expect some blocky 310-pound lineman to be able to be hunting down safeties and cornerbacks?   CB/safeties/linebackers should have the quickness/speed to avoid him and run around him?  Second, a couple of the good runs, there just didn't seem to be defenders for him to block.  3rd, even if Myers isn't getting his hands on guys, Jones can still run accordingly.  If tackler is coming around Myers inside, Jones can go outside, and vice versa.  The need for defenders to avoid Myers provides Jones some windows.