2. 2. bright spot

• if you stare into the sun
    • Horny
    • Horny horny
    • kiwi as a new mod
    • Mike
    • Nudetaynes butt hole
  3. 3. who wins

Bad/missed calls are part of ANY NFL game. I did get the feeling that the striped shirts were sticking to their normal MO and trying to favor Pittsburgh.

But, to our credit, we persevered and got the W. Bottom line - we are 2-1, 1-0 in the division and in first place with 14 games to go. The Steelers are 1-2, 0-2 in the division and in the AFCN basement.

Good times.

I would hope that the Steeler OT, Chukwuma Okafor, is disciplined by the league. That was a dirty, cheap shot on an injured Anthony Walker by going full belly smacker mode. Totally unnecessary and dangerous.

And, with all the recent rule change pointing towards player safety - the on the field officials and the replay crew should be reprimanded for missing that call.

I am not holding my breath, but we'll see.

Onto the 770.

Not valuing the linebacker position as far as resources will show itself at some point. Yes, Phillips looked good, but this is basically the first time you can say that. We will see if he is ready for a sustainable stretch with some of the injuries we have. I hope he is ready for the task, we could use that shot in the arm at the position and somebody else to step up as well. We have played some really bad teams so far, the best offense we have faced is the Jets with Joe Flacco. Chargers in two weeks is going to be a wake up call I feel.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NateDawg said:

Not valuing the linebacker position as far as resources will show itself at some point. Yes, Phillips looked good, but this is basically the first time you can say that. We will see if he is ready for a sustainable stretch with some of the injuries we have. I hope he is ready for the task, we could use that shot in the arm at the position and somebody else to step up as well. We have played some really bad teams so far, the best offense we have faced is the Jets with Joe Flacco. Chargers in two weeks is going to be a wake up call I feel.

Herbert and company are gonna feast unless we get ish corrected real soon.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I mean, the ability is there but the effort and such doesn’t seem to be.  He’s getting his *** kicked by dudes who shouldn’t kick his *** tbh.

I need to see what type of offense we run with Watson.

Obviously Brissett needs better play from his OT’s. However, Watson proved he can still play at an absurd level with a bad o-line.

Maybe our guys just need to be elite run blockers and average pass blockers. That describes them right now.

Edited by candyman93
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

*first Browns coach to beat a broken-down end-of-career Ben Roethlisberger twice and about-to-be-benched Mitchell Trubisky on his second team once. 

16 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

Stef inherited the best Browns team in many years and got to play a Steelers team that doesn't deserve to be called a Steelers team. Tricky tricky.

This is the weird thing with Browns fans. It seems like it is not enough that we beat our rival that we usually lose to, it has to be an epic game when the rival has to be at the height of their powers to count.  

Do people discount the part of Tomlin's record that is built on the wins  he accumulated against the crappy Browns teams that he has crushed in the past? The Steelers have dominated the Browns for 20 years.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but when the Steelers win they never say "well beating the Browns doesn't count because we're better than them and we are supposed to win." We, the Steelers, have a franchise qb and they don't.  (Heck you by that rationale you should give Stefanski bonus points for beating the Steelers 3 times with a journeyman qb, Jacoby, and a so-so starter in Baker.) Nope, the Steelers have enjoyed kicking our heads in, ripping out our hearts and laughing about how easy it was.

When Tom Brady came back from 24-16  with around a minute left to beat the Browns in 2013, you think Patriot fans were sitting around saying that comeback don't count because the Tom Brady came back on a Jason Campbell led Browns team that finished 4-12?😂

Winning teams get fat off of beating losing teams.  How many years did we help the Ravens and Steelers because they were better than the Browns and could count on 2 wins per year?

Winning teams kick in the heads of losing teams (Porter and Harrison did this literally) and they don't care about style or why it wasn't a fair fight.😉

1 hour ago, mrpazzo said:

This is the weird thing with Browns fans. It seems like it is not enough that we beat our rival that we usually lose to, it has to be an epic game when the rival has to be at the height of their powers to count.  

I mean, his frustration is they moved on from a player he liked in Baker to a player he (rightfully imo) despises in Watson so now he’s grumpy about the whole franchise.

3 hours ago, mrpazzo said:

Do people discount the part of Tomlin's record that is built on the wins  he accumulated against the crappy Browns teams that he has crushed in the past? The Steelers have dominated the Browns for 20 years.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but when the Steelers win they never say "well beating the Browns doesn't count because we're better than them and we are supposed to win." We, the Steelers, have a franchise qb and they don't.  (Heck you by that rationale you should give Stefanski bonus points for beating the Steelers 3 times with a journeyman qb, Jacoby, and a so-so starter in Baker.) Nope, the Steelers have enjoyed kicking our heads in, ripping out our hearts and laughing about how easy it was.

When Tom Brady came back from 24-16  with around a minute left to beat the Browns in 2013, you think Patriot fans were sitting around saying that comeback don't count because the Tom Brady came back on a Jason Campbell led Browns team that finished 4-12?😂

Winning teams get fat off of beating losing teams.  How many years did we help the Ravens and Steelers because they were better than the Browns and could count on 2 wins per year?

Winning teams kick in the heads of losing teams (Porter and Harrison did this literally) and they don't care about style or why it wasn't a fair fight.😉

You're thinking too hard. The stat I quoted was a weasel of a stat, having no real meaning and yet played off me some momentous occasion. For the first time in 20 years or so, the Steelers suck. Point out the Steelers suck but don't pretend beating them now means Stef is the guy. He may or may not be, but it's a disingenuous argument to make and you know it 😁.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I mean, his frustration is they moved on from a player he liked in Baker to a player he (rightfully imo) despises in Watson so now he’s grumpy about the whole franchise.

Those things are both true, but I would argue that what I said is objectively true; the stat was portrayed in a way intended to sell Stef as a great coach when in fact he just beat a declining team. It was a nonsense stat that was tweeted to make Stef sound like a great coach, which he may or may not be but wouldn't be because he beat the garbage Steelers, this time with "Mitchell" and no Watt. I mean, come on.gif. Let's see him beat the Ravens some more and then talk.

• Like 1