Week 3 Thread: Philadelphia Eagles (2-0) "at" Washington Commanders (1-1) - 1 PM on FOX

MikeT14

Just now, naptownskinsfan said:

Especially now with three preseason games, the starters don’t play half of one like they used to.  

Wentz is 29, the book is out on him as a QB.  Now it’s on the offensive staff to work around what he doesn’t do well, and emphasize what he does well.  I guess that’s asking a lot of our coaches.

I’m so confused about the offense 

I have nothing to say about it but it can’t be as bad as today , it really can’t . Idc if Dallas has parsons we should not be letting 9 sacks happen to us . Time to adjust and stop being scripted .

If we have to run the ball go ahead but Ron Rivera and this coaching staff his holding us back.

I actually wish we hired Doug P ..

Especially now with three preseason games, the starters don’t play half of one like they used to.  

Wentz is 29, the book is out on him as a QB.  Now it’s on the offensive staff to work around what he doesn’t do well, and emphasize what he does well.  I guess that’s asking a lot of our coaches.

I know Rivera isn’t going anywhere but I’d sure like to bring Byron Leftwich home. We need a strong GM candidate as well. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Like Mark Schlereth said today. Week one is kind of an extension of the preseason. I think that’s why you see a lot of weird upsets and then things start to settle down.  Wentz can’t beat pressure and everyone knows it. This is going to be a big problem going forward. 

What bugs me is that Turner too long to adjust. They should’ve kept Logan into chip Brandon Graham before he went out on a pattern. They should’ve went more quick game after the first few drives. Run screens to slow down the rush. 

They started to do that in the 2nd half but it was too late by then. It was one of Turner’s worst games as an OC for us.

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

I know Rivera isn’t going anywhere but I’d sure like to bring Byron Leftwich home. We need a strong GM candidate as well. 

That would be awesome. I’d hate to see him fail though and that’s almost a guarantee for all Washington coaches under Snyder.

Edited by turtle28

2 minutes ago, IHatesnyder said:

I’m so confused about the offense 

I have nothing to say about it but it can’t be as bad as today , it really can’t . Idc if Dallas has parsons we should not be letting 9 sacks happen to us . Time to adjust and stop being scripted .

If we have to run the ball go ahead but Ron Rivera and this coaching staff his holding us back.

I actually wish we hired Doug P ..

Doug Peterson was the HC of the Eagles when Rivera was hired. Snyder wasn’t going to fire Rivera after just 2 seasons.

1 minute ago, naptownskinsfan said:

@Thaiphoonany thoughts on today’s gameday experience? 

PortaJons in lot D looked like they were not cleaned.  Mine was missing hand sanitizer, as were others.  

Plus for parking is that they were just trying to get people into the lot and not scanning passes.  However, on my way in on Sean Taylor Road, there were a bunch of buses from the group that brought in Eagles fans.  

The QR code for the 50/50 still has a 404 error.  

The GrubHub QR code does work, and my buddy ordered food from the Guy Fieri place and got it in five minutes.  Last week, he was gone for almost a quarter.  

Coming into the game was a disaster.  There were not any issues, but two of the ticket takers kept telling people to “back up” and I guess it wasn’t enough, so they walked off their job.  I never had my ticket scanned today and it took us 20 minutes at game time due to all of that.  

They had a lot more CSC and Security staff, but no one knew where to send people, so the entire first quarter was spent standing up for people coming in and out of rows and walking across sections because no one knew to send them to the other side.  

Also, we were definitely outnumbered today based on the stands and the parking lot. 

Most of the same things but a few differences.

We outnumbered the Iggles fans in A lot. But I like to think my multiple tweets embarrassing the team about the Portajohns led to them actually cleaning them. They were clean and had sanitizer in them at 9am. But still only 2 of them for over 200 people (some people were crossing Morgan Blvd to hit the 5 that the Purple lot across the way has and no one is using).

Never scanned our parking passes either. I was like "I could literally just sell this thing right now"

They scanned us in, but it took forever since there were a gazillion Iggles fans on one person's account (one guy was holding up his phone with like 15 tickets on it to be scanned) wash rinse repeat.

Definitely outnumbered and deservedly so.  If the team doesn't want to play in an away game at Fed Ex field, maybe start winning consistently.

I need to try ordering with that code from now on. Or at least just buy some cheap club seats and go there since the lines are short in the club level.

One thing (bolded). My buddy got the 404 error. But I didn't. The only difference was that I was connected to the Fed Ex WiFi and he wasn't. Dunno if he connected later and tried for the 50/50.

Also, like I said, I'm the 3rd row up. I went to take a leak and when I returned there was a female Iggles fan standing right at my seat. She got quite pissed when I tapped her on the shoulder and pointed at the seat and said "this is me" (I'm next to the stairs). After moving out of the way and standing there for a few seconds, she harrumphed and then said "I'll be back" (she wasn't). This is the 2nd home game in a row where visiting team's fans just walk down and try to sit in the seats they didn't pay for. None of the staff kept them away. It's not only rude as all hell, but it's a safety issue as well when you have more people in an area than that area can handle and they have to exit quickly in an emergency. I know that this is a small concern (what I call "mouse nuts" in my meetings at work), but these types of things just keep adding up.

One thing I will also add (again bathroom related) is that the men's bathrooms on the lower level never have enough paper towel. And no one seems like they are cleaning during the games. I took a leak in one of the stalls and apparently someone crapped their pants and then removed them and left them next to the toilet (pants, drawers, and jersey all with that familiar stain). This is disgusting and could've been removed if there was a custodial staff dedicated to cleaning and restocking bathrooms during the game. This stuff is important as it is the small stuff that can be taken care of that improves or detracts from a fan's gameday experience. I've taken a dump in a hole in the ground in a Kenyan rest stop and I would've preferred that to what I witnessed today at Fed Ex.

15 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

@Thaiphoonany thoughts on today’s gameday experience? 

PortaJons in lot D looked like they were not cleaned.  Mine was missing hand sanitizer, as were others.  

Plus for parking is that they were just trying to get people into the lot and not scanning passes.  However, on my way in on Sean Taylor Road, there were a bunch of buses from the group that brought in Eagles fans.  

The QR code for the 50/50 still has a 404 error.  

The GrubHub QR code does work, and my buddy ordered food from the Guy Fieri place and got it in five minutes.  Last week, he was gone for almost a quarter.  

Coming into the game was a disaster.  There were not any issues, but two of the ticket takers kept telling people to “back up” and I guess it wasn’t enough, so they walked off their job.  I never had my ticket scanned today and it took us 20 minutes at game time due to all of that.  

They had a lot more CSC and Security staff, but no one knew where to send people, so the entire first quarter was spent standing up for people coming in and out of rows and walking across sections because no one knew to send them to the other side.  

Also, we were definitely outnumbered today based on the stands and the parking lot. 

It’s a mess! I could’ve sworn that Jason Wright was going to fix all this! 😂 

What a disaster 

• Like 1

I don’t see why he wont.  He knows the secrets with the politicians around here. 

Jeff Bezos wants this team and the NFL wants him aboard. Snyder is going to suddenly have a change of heart/be forced to sell and they’ll do him a solid having Bezos overpay to get him to leave. Snyder is a goner. 

• Like 1