BDL 2022 Week 3 - Gotham Gashslayers @ Lancaster Werewolves

RedGold

Who Wins?   

16 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Gotham Gashslayers
    • Lancaster Werewolves

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/29/2022 at 04:00 AM

BDL 2022 Week 3

Match:  Gotham Gashslayers @ Lancaster Werewolves

Away Owner: @Whicker

Home Owner:  @rackcs

Vote for who you think would win the game.

Rules:
One vote per person, duplicate accounts will be banned and action taken against those attempting to rig the results.

One vote per team involved in the match. Co-owners may vote in every match up except their own.

For members, who have been following along, and wish to vote.  Please join the conversation and maybe give a reason you voted as you did. This will alleviate any suspicions of unusual voting and will promote discussion.

Note: Players that have a (D) next to their name indicate that they are doubtful or unlikely to play. Players with (Q) are game-time decisions.

Good luck to you both

Gotham

QB – Mac Jones
RB – Clyde Edwards-Helaire
WR – Tyreek Hill
WR – Tee Higgins
WR – Christian Kirk
TE – Juwan Johnson
LT – Jake Matthews
LG – Laken Tomlinson
C – Chase Roullier
RG – Shaq Mason
RT – Taylor Moton

RB – Jeff Wilson
WR – Alec Pierce
WR – Laviska Shenault
WR – Jalen Reagor
TE – Adam Trautman
OT – Jack Conklin
OL – Cody Whitehair

RE – Shaq Barrett
DT – Chris Jones
DT – Shelby Harris
LE – Demarcus Lawrence
WLB – Jamin Davis
MLB – Zach Cunningham
SLB – Christian Harris
CB – Xavien Howard
CB – Ahmad Gardner
S – Tre'von Moehrig (Q)
S – Darnell Savage

Edge – Chandler Jones
Edge – Arnold Ebiketie
Int – Fletcher Cox
Int – Perrion Winfrey
LB – Brian Asamoah
CB – Tyson Campbell
CB – Rock Ya-Sin
S – Terrell Edmunds

Lancaster

QB: Jalen Hurts
RB: AJ Dillon
RB: Leonard Fournette (Q)
WR: Michael Pittman Jr.
WR: Diontae Johnson
TE: Mike Gesicki
LT: Braxton Jones
LG: Quenton Nelson

😄 Ted Karras
RG: Robert Hunt
RT: Evan Neal

QB: Trevor Lawrence
RB: Miles Sanders
WR: Quez Watkins
WR: Skyy Moore
WR: Kyle Philips (D)
TE: Chigoziem Okonkwo
OL: Evan Brown
OL: Thayer Munford Jr.

DE: Joey Bosa
DT: Kenny Clark
DT: Justin Madubuike
DE: John Franklin-Myers (Q)
LB: Fred Warner
LB: Bobby Wagner
CB: Jalen Ramsey
CB: Jaire Alexander
CB: K’Waun Williams (Q)
FS: Minkah Fitzpatrick
SS: Vonn Bell

EDGE: Julian Okwara
INT: Javon Kinlaw
LB: Willie Gay Jr.
LB: Malcolm Rodriguez
S/NB: Logan Ryan
CB: Kindle Vildor
S: Darrick Forrest
S: Johnathan Abram

Edited by RedGold

Gotham

This week we go against our old mentor and good friend in Rackcs. We will never forgive Rackcs for introducing us to the never-ending torture that is BDL, and we look to take it out on him in this game. We are here to show that the first two weeks were more fluke than reality and that we are not the league's worst team.

Offense:

It's McCorkle time in Gotham! After a coaching blunder in handing the reigns over to Trey Lance too early, we're now moving forward in a more traditional passing offense that plays to Mac's strengths. We're going to accomplish this by first establishing the run and opening up play action.

Clyde Edwards-Helaire and Jeff Wilson will rotate duties as the running back as we look to run it right at Lancaster early and often. We will lean towards running away from Joey Bosa's side as well as seek to test Lancaster's interior up the middle. We will utilize a zone blocking scheme and try to feature some of Shaq Mason's athleticism with some guard pulls.

Tyreek Hill and Tee Higgins will play mainly on the outside, threaten deep, and try to keep Lancaster's safeties in deep shells. Christian Kirk will play exclusively out of the slot and work as a feature WR with a full route tree. We will give Mac an easy audible to a four verticals for the first time he sees a safety lined up in the box, and from that point on we will begin to mix in more frequent usage of play action with vertical routes.

Juwan Johnson will line up in-line to begin most plays, but we will motion him out to the slot often. We will use this as an important key for Mac, as Lancaster's assignment on Johnson in this scenario will dictate some of our calls. Our goal will be to ultimately pull one of Lancaster's linebackers out to thin the box, but we will of course take advantage if he's left uncovered or if a safety comes down to cover him. From the slot, Johnson will mainly run seam routes to continue pressure on the safeties.

We will also utilize some 2 TE formations, both double in-line and in FB position. Our main goal from these positions is to ensure enough blockers on the second level for Fred Warner and Bobby Wagner while still using our outside WRs to keep the safeties honest.

Defense:

This week we will utilize a base 4-3 defense with the main goals of controlling the line of scrimmage, stopping the run, and keeping a limit on Jalen Hurts' rushing.

Our base coverage this week will be a Cover-1 man. We have a lot of faith in our top two corners, and we believe they can cover Michael Pittman and Diontae Johnson with just a single safety behind them. We don't have a preference for which CB covers which WR. Tre'von Moehrig will play as the single high safety. Darnell Savage will come down into the box and cover Mike Gesicki. If Moehrig cannot play in this game, then Savage will be the high safety and Terrell Edmunds will come in to cover Gesicki.

Our linebackers will split duties between the RBs and as a QB spy based on formation. We also want them to line up in different places and at varying depths to try and create a bit of deception for a relatively inexperienced QB.

We, of course, will not always remain in the same defense. We will occasionally have our corners bail into deep third in a Cover-3. Rarely, we will send a blitz. Our blitzes will feature pressure from our linebackers through the A-gaps with outside contain from our edge defenders.

As usual, we will rotate our defensive line guys and keep everyone at a maximum of 70% of snaps.

Lancaster

Lancaster Offensive Strategy:

Jalen Hurts draws the start at QB again this week as we look to take advantage of his running ability. We want to once again just run all over the opposing defense with our 3 headed running back machine. In the passing game we want to attack the middle of the field and exploit mismatches against the opposing linebackers. We’ll be looking to establish a 60-40 run-pass ratio. We will be running a lot of split-back shotgun looks with either 2 or 3 wide receivers out there.

We think that we can have a lot of success running on this defense, particularly attacking on the edges and with outside runs. The defensive interior is also a bit shallow so we think we can attack there too to wear them out. We want to run a pretty balanced rushing attack by attacking different spots. We’ll be rotating out backs about evenly and giving them a roughly even number of touches. As usual we want to have our guards pulling a lot on our runs to the outside. This will help us take advantage of their linebackers in the running game.

In the passing game, we’re not going to be afraid to pass against these corners even though it’s a good group. With that being said, we really want to attack the middle of the field, where Gotham’s linebackers struggle in coverage. As such, we’ll be targeting the running backs in the passing game plenty. We’ll also use a decent amount of motion out of the backfield mainly with Sanders and Fournette to get them one on one with linebackers as well as to help Hurts identify coverages. We’ll also be flexing Gesicki into the slot for similar reasons. For our wide receivers, we’ll be doing a decent amount of slants and stuff where hopefully we’ll get a LB in zone over the middle that they can exploit. Of course as usual we’ll be taking a few deep shots to keep the defense honest. Finally, we’re usually going to either have one or both RBs chip on passing plays to help with protection and will also leave one in to block semi-regularly.

Lancaster Defensive Strategy:

Our defensive gameplan this week is going to be focused on maximizing our coverage. With the many injuries to Gotham’s running back room, we think we can key in on the passing game to help shut down the opposing offense.

We’re going to be running mainly man coverage this week. In 11 personnel looks, Jaire Alexander will be covering Tyreek Hill with Minkah Fitzpatrick providing help over the top to help limit his ability to burn us. Jalen Ramsey will take Tee Higgins, K’Waun Williams will cover Christian Kirk, Vonn Bell will play in the box and cover the TE, while Fred Warner will cover the RB if they come out of the backfield. Bobby Wagner will mainly cover a middle zone while occasionally blitzing. We expect to see a lot of 4 WR sets in which case we’d take Madubuike off of the field and put Logan Ryan out to cover the 4th WR with everyone else running the same rough plan.

For the run, we’ve got a defensive line of very good run defenders playing against a team with a battered RB room. We think that between our DL and having an extra defender in the box in Vonn Bell, we’ll be able to limit their effectiveness running the ball this week. On obvious passing downs we want to run stunts and twists where we can get our EDGE rushers against their interior offensive linemen.

Edited by RedGold

I genuinely expected to go Lancaster here, but a few things changed my mind.

First off, it has to be said: this is the battle of bad centers. Karras has been awful while Roullier is out for the season, so I guess Cody Whitehair is starting instead.

Evan Neal apparently got his lunch eaten by Demarcus Lawrence tonight, and I don't see any reason that wouldn't be the case here too. Braxton Jones is another weak spot on what is, frankly, probably the worst offensive line in BDL. On the other side of the ball, Lancaster is hurting on the defensive line. I think Mac Jones, even playing as he is this year, gets more time to make things happen than Jalen Hurts does.

Difficult one.

But in the end I’m voting Gotham with the upset. He had an excellent gameplan on both sides really. And while it is very difficult to vote against Lancasters D I think Gotham made the perfect call aiming for balance first and featuring Kirk while the D concentrates more on the deep threats.

His Edge trio is also impressive against an OL that can be exploited.

Defense gets him a timely turnover.

Gotham 23-17

While I think Gotham made the right calls in their gameplan, I don't believe Lancaster made the wrong ones or lazy ones. Maybe a little lazy on the run game defense but they were right IMO. Lancaster wins this because Mac Jones is going to be asked to make too many throws. I did not ignore the injuries on both side but it comes down to that Lancaster pulls ahead late in the 2nd quarter and Gotham is stuck playing catch up.

1st of all I applaud both teams on the game plan. Very good job as always.

Having said that Lancasters offensive line is going to get overwhelmed,  You can specifically look at the Neal / Lawrence  match up that actually occurred,  I'm not ignoring the fact that QB play  is getting better  for Lancaster but if the QB has no time to throw  This is going to become a one dimensional game very quickly for Lancaster. I do think that Lancaster' made a lot of right decisions in there in there gameplan but I feel like Gothams gameplan just is able to be executed more effectively 

I see this game being very competitive competitive but in the end I see the difference between Gotham's defensive line. Gotham by a score.

Edited by wwhickok