David Bakhtiari Watch

incognito_man

I was confused as to why he didn't play the whole game.

But....I liked what I saw out of him and the entire o-line.  I am coming around to easing him into the lineup full time.

Once he's there, I hope we try Nijman at RT and slide Jenkins to a guard spot for a few series.  

See if we can get our best 5 out there for once.

13 hours ago, Toddfather said:

Clifton was the big Lamborghini , so I guess Bak is the big keg?

Never ! Chad Clifton is as lunch-pail a guy as you could ever meet, definitely not a Lambo. He is much more like the indestructable Toyota Hilux (see the Top Gear episode below).

If you want to see the final Hilux destruction effort (putting it on top of a high-rise building and blowing up the building) see parts 2&3.

PS. Chad is in the frame for my all-time favourite Packer - I just love how he went about his business.

Edited by OneTwoSixFive
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

Never ! Chad Clifton is as lunch-pail a guy as you could ever meet, definitely not a Lambo. He is much more like the indestructable Toyota Hilux (see the Top Gear episode below).

If you want to see the final Hilux destruction effort (putting it on top of a high-rise building and blowing up the building) see parts 2&3.

PS. Chad is in the frame for my all-time favourite Packer - I just love how he went about his business.

lol, They called him the big Lamborghini because he didn't practice during the week towards the end of his career. they rolled him out for Sundays

• Like 2

3 hours ago, vegas492 said:

I was confused as to why he didn't play the whole game.

But....I liked what I saw out of him and the entire o-line.  I am coming around to easing him into the lineup full time.

Once he's there, I hope we try Nijman at RT and slide Jenkins to a guard spot for a few series.  

See if we can get our best 5 out there for once.

If Bak is going full time by mid-late October, does Gute put out feelers for Yosh's trade value?  If Yosh stays healthy, he's going to be signing a hefty contract as a UFA.

1. Glad that Bakhti played and was apparently reasonably effective.  
  2. What is scoop on Myers?  Was he heat cramps, and will be fine?  Or is he injured, and will be out for a while?  
  3. Thinking getting the line together for a while is the key to getting the offense decent.  
  4. I'd not be shuffling Jenkins to guard and Nijman to RT and Newman to bench.  I'd leave Newman at guard, and play Nijman as Bakhti/Jenkins replacement as needed.  

I was really hoping rookie 3rd round pick Sean Rhyan was going to win the RG spot, but it wasn't to be - he just isn't ready to start yet. I think he'll end up better than Newman, but he just isn't, at this time. Maybe next year.

Bakh, Runyan, Myers, Rhyan, Jenkins is the line I want to see next year. If Newman and Nijman could also be retained it would be awesome, but that might be asking just a little too much.

3 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

If Bak is going full time by mid-late October, does Gute put out feelers for Yosh's trade value?  If Yosh stays healthy, he's going to be signing a hefty contract as a UFA.

I believe that Yosh has one more year of RFA after this year.

But it's confusing, like at one time Spotrac said he didn't and OTC said he did.  So I'm just going to hope that we have him on the cheap for one more year past this one and then he can be our new LT once Bakh is done.

Except he's a RFA and we can and probably will put a tender on him. Then I'd hope someone signs him to a contract and we get the pick. I think Tom is the LT in 2024 but wouldn't count Caleb Jones out of the running either. Good problem to have though. 

Priority one is keeping Bak healthy. 

Edited by Old Guy

Given Bakh's recent injury history, do you even entertain trade offers on Njiman?

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

Given Bakh's recent injury history, do you even entertain trade offers on Njiman?

For the right price, heck yes. For instance, the Chargers just lost their LT, likely for the year, and they think they are going places. If they were overzealous enough to throw us a 1st, Nijman is on the next flight to LA. It would have to be something like that for me to make that move though. 

Jenkins can go back to LT in a pinch and Tom can slide into RT. 

1 minute ago, Old Guy said:

For the right price, heck yes. For instance, the Chargers just lost their LT, likely for the year, and they think they are going places. If they were overzealous enough to throw us a 1st, Nijman is on the next flight to LA. It would have to be something like that for me to make that move though. 

Jenkins can go back to LT in a pinch and Tom can slide into RT. 

Realistically speaking, do you think Njiman would fetch a FRP?  Because I don't.