Trevor Lawrence has arrived

notthatbluestuff

12 hours ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Mahomes is 4th in YPA yet 24th in IAY/PA. YPA inflated due to YAC

It's a lot easier for WR's to get YAC yardage ,when their QB is extending plays and breaking down defenses. Mahomes creates his own big plays by buying time. 

How much credit would you give to Juju for those YAC yards versus Mahomes who basically made the secondary cover for 6+ extra seconds on the play and then threw across his body to hit his target? What happens to defenders who have been covering that long?

Does Lawrence make a play like that?

Trevor’s 4 fumbles this year came in a monsoon in Philly. Hasn’t fumbled in any other game this year.

Should I bring up the duck heave in Washington that resulted in an INT? Or the duck Hail Mary INT against the Texans at the end of the game? Or the 4 dropped TD passes? Does the box score not tell you that?

Someone claims Minshew was a turnover "machine." It's pointed out that Minshew really wasn't, that his turnovers were on par with the great Lawrence the year he was benched. Excuses come flying in to explain why Lawrence's interceptions weren't really his fault and you act as if he's the only QB in the league whose WR's drop passes or don't have TD's. 

Every fanbase in the league could come up with these sorts of plays to make excuses for why there guy really is better than he appears. There are a ton of Steelers fans make excuses for why Kenny Pickett really doesn't have 7 interceptions right now when in fact he really does have 7 interceptions. It's mostly weak excuses.

Lawrence has not been a turnover machine this year. That wasn't the point I was making. 

Once again why isn’t he throwing deep 

So, your second posted clip there...are you contending that Lawrence could not have made the play on the deep ball? Where he has one-on-one coverage? That is...open to me. But what do I know.

6 hours ago, .Buzz said:

This is a rather poor/weak year for QB play. In most years, he wouldn't be in the top 10 in those categories. Tom Brady is playing some of the worst football of his career and is 5th and 8th respectively in DYAR and DVOA.

Trevor Lawrence does currently rank 18th among qualified throwers in FO's ALEX statistic, though...

8 hours ago, CKSteeler said:

It's a lot easier for WR's to get YAC yardage ,when their QB is extending plays and breaking down defenses. Mahomes creates his own big plays by buying time. 

How much credit would you give to Juju for those YAC yards versus Mahomes who basically made the secondary cover for 6+ extra seconds on the play and then threw across his body to hit his target? What happens to defenders who have been covering that long?

Does Lawrence make a play like that?

Someone claims Minshew was a turnover "machine." It's pointed out that Minshew really wasn't, that his turnovers were on par with the great Lawrence the year he was benched. Excuses come flying in to explain why Lawrence's interceptions weren't really his fault and you act as if he's the only QB in the league whose WR's drop passes or don't have TD's. 

Every fanbase in the league could come up with these sorts of plays to make excuses for why there guy really is better than he appears. There are a ton of Steelers fans make excuses for why Kenny Pickett really doesn't have 7 interceptions right now when in fact he really does have 7 interceptions. It's mostly weak excuses.

Lawrence has not been a turnover machine this year. That wasn't the point I was making. 

So, your second posted clip there...are you contending that Lawrence could not have made the play on the deep ball? Where he has one-on-one coverage? That is...open to me. But what do I know.

This is a rather poor/weak year for QB play. In most years, he wouldn't be in the top 10 in those categories. Tom Brady is playing some of the worst football of his career and is 5th and 8th respectively in DYAR and DVOA.

Trevor Lawrence does currently rank 18th among qualified throwers in FO's ALEX statistic, though...

Juju took an 8 yard pass, broke two tackles and turned it into a 42 yard gain. You are helping my point.

And are you blind? There is a safety sitting in centerfield that goes to help on Kirk when Trevor winds up to go deep. In what world is that one one one coverage? 😂

Edited by KhanYouDigIt

2 hours ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Juju took an 8 yard pass, broke two tackles and turned it into a 42 yard gain. You are helping my point.

And are you blind? There is a safety sitting in centerfield that goes to help on Kirk when Trevor winds up to go deep. In what world is that one one one coverage? 😂

1. I asked you a basic question, which is whether you think Trevor Lawrence ever finds the time to throw that football. You didn't answer. We all know the answer is no. I'm not surprised that you aren't going to address what happens to DB's when they've been asked to cover 6+ seconds, if you are even aware of it. Because as someone who has seen a QB do just that sort of thing for much of their HOF career, I can tell you that it greatly increases the chances of missed tackles. 

Juju WAS NOT making that sort of play in Pittsburgh the last few years, and he doesn't make it in too many other spots in the league. That was nearly all Mahomes. It's a play that doesn't happen without Mahomes.

2. I wasn't talking about Kirk there. I was talking about #7 running the post. That is one on one coverage. There is one single high safety there and two deep routes. The safety goes to Kirk (reading Lawrence's eyes) before the ball is thrown. Lawrence is the one who decides to dump the ball off to Jones.

Russell Wilson is indeed ready to rock.

Via multiple reporters, Broncos head coach Nathaniel Hackett said after Friday’s practice in London that, barring any setbacks, Wilson will start at quarterback against the Jaguars on Sunday.

It's Russ vs Trevor in the second home of the Jaguars: London. It's time for Heavenly 'Trev to get the Jags back on track.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

He’s being contrarian for the sake of being contrarian. I’ve put him on ignore because he literally brings zero to any argument.

Probably the correct move. The blurb stating QB numbers are down league wide therefore Trevor sitting where he is in certain statistics being less impressive was an interesting take. Like I don’t deny that’s the case, but also if it’s a league wide issue why are we acting as if Trevor should be above that?

• Like 1

On 10/26/2022 at 9:41 AM, KhanYouDigIt said:

He was only able to break those tackles because of how elite Mahomes’ ball placement was and how elite Mahomes was able to look off the entire defense to the other side. 

And before you get any ideas, yes, that also applies to any long runs by CEH or other ball carriers. Mahomes has elite handoffs.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Charles said:

This thread is hilarious.   Has Lawrence arrived?  No.  Is the upside still there?  Yes.  

Bingo. It's dumb to pretend he is some great QB or guaranteed to be one. It's dumb to say he's done and has no shot. But he's not there and it's a crucial point this year and the next year for him to start to show he is capable of living up to the upside or not.