Trevor Lawrence has arrived

notthatbluestuff

31 minutes ago, Charles said:

Pretty routine play.  Those are the ones Trevor has struggled with at times.  Doesn't bode well for the Broncos if he's sharp today 

Routine but he actually did have some good touch on that one. Probably his best throw of the day...... that said it's still been incredibly uneven for him. The interception was just bad and he overthrew several guys, one egregious one where it would have been a big play but the guy had to jump in the air and try to one hand it because of the placement.

Just now, lancerman said:

Routine but he actually did have some good touch on that one. Probably his best throw of the day...... that said it's still been incredibly uneven for him. The interception was just bad and he overthrew several guys, one egregious one where it would have been a big play but the guy had to jump in the air and try to one hand it because of the placement.

Yeah I agree...it's been the touch passes that he has struggled with.

I'm being contrarian for contrarian's sake for saying that a QB of a 2-5 football team has quite a few struggles.

Guy is averaging under 5 YPA so far today against the Broncos. How dare I suggest his lack of vertical passing has been an issue...YPA is only one of the few stats that actually correlates to winning. It doesn't matter that he can't complete a pass over 20 yards to save his life.

And QB's totally have nothing to do with winning. Teams just pay franchise QB's like 25% of their salary cap every year because they're stupid.

You guys would TOTALLY be making all the same excuses for him if played this way as a third round draft choice.

Edited by CKSteeler

19 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

He was only able to break those tackles because of how elite Mahomes’ ball placement was and how elite Mahomes was able to look off the entire defense to the other side. 

I would imagine that the fatigue of having to cover for like 6-8 seconds, and having most of the defense drift to the right side of the field because Mahomes went that way before throwing it across his body, and yea the ball placement had a lot more to do with it than any particular talent of Juju's, yes. Juju is a guy who averaged like 8 YPC the last few seasons. 

There are a handful of QB's who complete that pass to Juju there, and all of them are among or will be among the top paid QB's in the league. Trevor Lawrence has, at least on paper, the physical ability to extend a play and the arm strength to where he should be able to make the throw, but he doesn't. He doesn't do those sorts of things.

Does anyone here really want to argue that Trevor Lawrence throws that football to Juju on that same play? No, he's either throwing it away there or checking it down somewhere else. Or taking the sack if he even tries to extend things. Even if you aren't going to recognize that defenders are a lot more prone to missing tackles on broken plays where they've been trying to do their job for over 2x as long as they normally would, Lawrence still isn't throwing that ball to Juju there.

19 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

And before you get any ideas, yes, that also applies to any long runs by CEH or other ball carriers. Mahomes has elite handoffs.

It's funny because no matter who they stick in the KC backfield, that RB is going to get among the most favorable looks in the league play in and play out. Is this even something anyone wants to debate? I'm the one being accused of not watching games because I'm not fawning over Trevor Lawrence, and you guys are saying nonsense like this. 

Meanwhile, CEH has still been a disappointment for KC and Lawrence has had better RB's in his time in Jax. He went from an above average runner to a guy who is becoming one of the most explosive RB's in the league (and a 1st round pick). Honestly, Robinson was already playing at a higher level than Fournette was at the end of his time in Jacksonville, but ET80 - who called me a contrarian - wanted to pretend like Gardner Minshew was still playing with some stacked Jacksonville squad because of him and some journeyman WR on offense.

Edited by CKSteeler

9 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Just about to turn it on. 95 passing yards on 25 attempts. Yikes in an understatement.

But I was trashed for days last week because I dared to suggest that Lawrence isn't stretching the field and is too prone to just taking the easy short passes.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Trevor has been bad, no way around it. Ball placement is just bad. Accuracy is super inconsistent. He makes mistakes in critical situations. The game last week should have ended with an awful interception as well if a BS penalty didn't take it away. 

Totally true.  Jags should be 6-2.  Lawrence was awful today, and there hasn't been a game yet where you think they won because of him.

Edited by Charles
Spelling
  • Like 1