Trevor Lawrence has arrived

notthatbluestuff

37 minutes ago, Slingin' Sammy said:

Lol what are you even saying. Open your eyes and watch the guy play. He doesn’t have the “it” factor or processing speed to make it long term in the NFL. No amount of tools are going to change that.

If you don’t have Trevor Lawrence and Patrick Mahomes rated similarly, then I’m at a loss for words

21 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

You don’t give up on a QB like Lawrence this early, especially given that rookie trial by fire he had. When you have a guy that legit has talent that far surpasses Patrick Mahomes, Dan Marino, John Elway - you work at it. Lawrence has just shown that much.

Woa, hang on a second......... I know Lawrence was highly touted coming out and he had an awful lot of hype but what specifically has he got talent-wise that 'far surpasses' those three?

I don't think he's got the arm of Elway or Marino, the improv of Mahomes or the athleticism of Mahomes or Elway. I can't really comment on the mental makeup as I don't know that much about him but that is a very lofty claim that needs some backing up. To be clear, I'm not saying he is not talented, he is of course, but what has he got that is not just as good as those three but so much better please? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

crazy how the jags are right back to talking about 'we need a true #1' after dumping like a billion dollars into Christian Kirk and Zay Jones this offseason for....reasons....

We need an X. The Jags realize that.

Kirk is good. Prolly gonna end up with 70/1100/9. Zay needs to be a #3.

Engram has been damn good. I hope we bring him back.

1 minute ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

We need an X. The Jags realize that.

Kirk is good. Prolly gonna end up with 70/1100/9. Zay needs to be a #3.

Engram has been damn good. I hope we bring him back.

Evan Engram has been a fantasy MVP for me after having to deal with the Kyle Pitts shenanigans all season.

But all jokes aside, yeah if they get a true #1 next year to supplement those pieces that would be pretty fun

13 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Woa, hang on a second......... I know Lawrence was highly touted coming out and he had an awful lot of hype but what specifically has he got talent-wise that 'far surpasses' those three?

Yeah, I'm on the pro-Lawrence side and this is a step too far.

On paper, Lawrence was one of the best prospects, if not the best prospect, since Andrew Luck.  But that is a completely different statement than he has talent far surpassing those three.  I know Elway was one of the most highly touted prospects coming out of college ever.  Marino not as much, from what little I know, but I wasn't alive.

Mahomes is a weird comp if we're just talking about how they were viewed as a prospect.  Because Mahomes was not very hyped at all until he got into the pros and lit up.