THURSDAY NIGHT FOOSEBALL- INDY COMES TO MILE HIGH!

BullsandBroncos

5 minutes ago, champ11 said:

That jumped snap count was absolutely sick. Von-esque to the peak

2 minutes ago, broncofan48 said:

I thought for sure he was offsides until I saw the replay.  Unreal get off

We should recognize that the IND T's were legit awful last night.  Still, you can only play who's in front of you.

If he does that vs. LAC (who may have found a decent LT fill-in in their rookie from Georgia, Jamaree Salyer - thought to be more of an inside guy, but held his own last week) / NYJ (who are having major T issues of their own) / JAX, though, man that's both a helluva salve to losing Gregory - and then you get the Gregory / Browning / Chubb combo at EDGE this year.   And man, if he shows this is a legit breakout - makes the Chubb decision VERY interesting. 

Having watched some of the post-game interviews and subsequent commentary - I think there must be a significant element of frustration in the locker room towards both Hackett and Wilson. Someone on one of the talk shows made the comment that during Wilson's time in Seattle that they didn't remember a single player making the same public demonstration of frustration displayed by KJ on Thursday night. While repeatedly slamming his helmet into the ground was sparked by the play - I think it was also a reflection of the feelings among the players at the wider problem of coaching and Wilson's play. 

IMO Hackett's post-game interview (and the interview the following day) showed that he really is lost. He is pretty much saying the exact same thing he said after the Seattle game and no indication that he recognises that whatever he is doing as HC (and OC) is not working. This is not about a tweek here and there - its about figuring out the underlying problem - and for me the underlying problem is that Hackett is not HC material.

Wilson's post game stuff was a bit nauseating - Peter King said that the Broncos PR guy should have told Wilson to put his hands up accept responsibility, don't give more than a two sentence answer to any question and get off the podium as quickly as possible. Instead Wilson went on and on and on and on and on, with the glass half full stuff - in response to every question. And then he finished off with his 'Broncos country - let's ride' nonsense - that just sounded like he doesn't recognise the hole he is in as a QB. 

King made the point that Wilson is jetting around the US polishing his PR image - what a great guy he is etc - Wilson needs to get off social media and focus on one thing and one thing only - playing QB. Having a competent HC/OC would help - but someone (Paton) needs to sit Wilson down and say 'you've got one job that you are getting really well paid for - and only one job - focus on that and stop everything else'.

Primetime TV next Monday against the Chargers could be a blowout - Mack must be licking his chops that the Broncos don't have an OT for the game. You have to wonder how long the Waltons will sit back before they say 'enough is enough' - this is not what we paid $4.6billion for and changes need to happen. Wilson is tied to the Broncos for several years - Hackett can get kicked to the kerb by writing a cheque. 

2 hours ago, jolly red giant said:

Having watched some of the post-game interviews and subsequent commentary - I think there must be a significant element of frustration in the locker room towards both Hackett and Wilson. Someone on one of the talk shows made the comment that during Wilson's time in Seattle that they didn't remember a single player making the same public demonstration of frustration displayed by KJ on Thursday night. While repeatedly slamming his helmet into the ground was sparked by the play - I think it was also a reflection of the feelings among the players at the wider problem of coaching and Wilson's play. 

IMO Hackett's post-game interview (and the interview the following day) showed that he really is lost. He is pretty much saying the exact same thing he said after the Seattle game and no indication that he recognises that whatever he is doing as HC (and OC) is not working. This is not about a tweek here and there - its about figuring out the underlying problem - and for me the underlying problem is that Hackett is not HC material.

Wilson's post game stuff was a bit nauseating - Peter King said that the Broncos PR guy should have told Wilson to put his hands up accept responsibility, don't give more than a two sentence answer to any question and get off the podium as quickly as possible. Instead Wilson went on and on and on and on and on, with the glass half full stuff - in response to every question. And then he finished off with his 'Broncos country - let's ride' nonsense - that just sounded like he doesn't recognise the hole he is in as a QB. 

King made the point that Wilson is jetting around the US polishing his PR image - what a great guy he is etc - Wilson needs to get off social media and focus on one thing and one thing only - playing QB. Having a competent HC/OC would help - but someone (Paton) needs to sit Wilson down and say 'you've got one job that you are getting really well paid for - and only one job - focus on that and stop everything else'.

Primetime TV next Monday against the Chargers could be a blowout - Mack must be licking his chops that the Broncos don't have an OT for the game. You have to wonder how long the Waltons will sit back before they say 'enough is enough' - this is not what we paid $4.6billion for and changes need to happen. Wilson is tied to the Broncos for several years - Hackett can get kicked to the kerb by writing a cheque. 

2 hours ago, jolly red giant said:

I don’t think it will be a blowout. Not because I think we are any good (we aren’t), but because I think LAC themselves are a very very average team and our defense will keep the game close.

Wilson is an embarrassment to the broncos jersey in a way we’ve not seen since Eric Decker. 

1 hour ago, paul-mac said:

I don’t think it will be a blowout. Not because I think we are any good (we aren’t), but because I think LAC themselves are a very very average team and our defense will keep the game close.

Wilson is an embarrassment to the broncos jersey in a way we’ve not seen since Eric Decker. 

Decker was actually a decent WR for most of his time here. Wilson has had one good game, and it came in a loss to the McRaiders. 

16 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Decker was actually a decent WR for most of his time here. Wilson has had one good game, and it came in a loss to the McRaiders. 

Well yeah. You can kind of forgive Decker and his wife for embarrassing the franchise because at least he scored a lot of TDs and helped Manning win MVP. Wilson has been an embarrassment on the field as well as off it. 

Edited by paul-mac
  • Like 1

Not sure if this was already posted, but this video from Kurt Warner is worth a watch if you have the time. 

After watching this video and rewatching part of the game it is hard to put a ton of blame on Hackett for play call. Guys are getting schemed open and Russ isn't reading the defense or missing throws. Poor throws probably were influenced a bit by the injury and I think a lot of the poor reads on Russel's part are made worse by an offensive line in shambles, but I think Russ has a lot to own in our failures as an offense. 

That being said, I don't know that Russ's strengths have ever been linked with making the right read and dissecting a defense from the pocket. Seems like Hackett's strengths as a play caller are not well suited in matching Russ's strengths. Hopefully things will start to gel and they will eventually find a balance, but idk. 

Also I am glad he mentions it in this video, but the tyrie cleveland route on the gilmore int was absolutely terrible. Russ could have made an adjustment on the throw and gone up the field after seeing gilmore inside, but he shouldn't have had to make that decision. If cleveland wouldn't have run the least crisp/most rounded off route possible then thats an easy td. Lots of Russ not making the best read followed by making a good read and skill players dropping the ball or not executing on their end.

Edited by MontanaBronco
  • Like 5