Week 5 Thread: (2-2) Titans @ (1-3) Commanders

MikeT14

I think (hope) this Titans game, is the beginning of our run.

We have 2 very winnable games in Titans & Bears. If they win those 2, I believe some confidence can return to the players.

I believe what's going on is as much mental, is it is physical.

This will set up the key game of the season between us vs Packers.

Beat Packers & the season gets interesting.

Lose to Packers & we probably finish 5-12 or 6-11.

25 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I don’t know if I feel the same way about snyder. Snyder is a fan before he’s even an owner. He wants to win as much as any of us but it’s just not working. Everything he tries doesn’t work but, I would argue he needs to try the hiring of a firm to find him a young GM who then hires a young HC & they build the team together. That’s the only thing Snyder hasn’t tried, but I do think he feels the frustration as much as the fans bc he is a fan. He feels that frustration more than Rivera does.

Snyder got rid of Casserly & Norv in large part in 1999 & 2000 bc he was frustrated with how the team had performed after they last won the Super Bowl in 1992.

Now, he’s totally screwed everything up, he’s a jerk and doesn’t know what he’s doing or how to fix the mess he’s created but I do think he feels as the fans do about everything.

Maybe go to multiple games a year and see how fans are treated. And not in a company suite. Where "regular" fans are (lower and upper bowl)

I once felt as you do. But over the last decade or so, I don't think he cares anymore. I think he wants to win just so he can say one of his teams won a Lombardi. But deep down, he doesn't give two craps about the fans. As long as he makes $$ (and he will) he will continue to short-change the fans with both the condition of the stadium and the product on the field. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Thaiphoon said:

Maybe go to multiple games a year and see how fans are treated. 

I once felt as you do. But over the last decade or so, I don't think he cares anymore. I think he wants to win just so he can say one of his teams won a Lombardi. But he doesn't give two craps about the fans. As long as he makes $$ (and he will) he will continue to short-change the fans with both the condition of the stadium and the product on the field. 

Snyder owns the team as an investment and runs it as such.  His whole outlook on a new stadium deal is just to steal a bunch of taxpayer dollars to boost the value of his investment.  He doesn't care at all about the fans. 

• Like 3

Just now, MKnight82 said:

Snyder owns the team as an investment and runs it as such.  His whole outlook on a new stadium deal is just to steal a bunch of taxpayer dollars to boost the value of his investment.  He doesn't care at all about the fans. 

Yup. 100% agree.

I gave him the benefit of the doubt his first 10 years. After that, I recognized the hustle.

Redskin/WFT/Commander fans have a major problem. We keep believing and hoping that the team will turn around and become winners. It will not happen!!! The team is cursed with an owner that has destroyed a once proud franchise. We have gone through multiple GMs, HCs, QBs, schemes, etc. yet it is always the same since that curse has became the owner. We will not ever change the destiny of this team until he sells the team. How does he not look in the mirror, remembering as a kid how he was such a fanboy with Joe & Bobby running the team and almost always having a winning season during those 10 hears and not figure out that since he bought the team they have sucked?!!! The man is so delusional that he thinks its always someone else has caused the team to be a failure. He is the failure and we going to the same church of football hearing the same lies over and over again. How can any fan have any faith anymore in this team. How?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Maybe go to multiple games a year and see how fans are treated. And not in a company suite. Where "regular" fans are (lower and upper bowl)

I once felt as you do. But over the last decade or so, I don't think he cares anymore. I think he wants to win just so he can say one of his teams won a Lombardi. But deep down, he doesn't give two craps about the fans. As long as he makes $$ (and he will) he will continue to short-change the fans with both the condition of the stadium and the product on the field. 

Oh no, I get all that, I just am talking about how frustrated he is about not winning.

11 minutes ago, rbcavalier said:

Redskin/WFT/Commander fans have a major problem. We keep believing and hoping that the team will turn around and become winners. It will not happen!!! The team is cursed with an owner that has destroyed a once proud franchise. We have gone through multiple GMs, HCs, QBs, schemes, etc. yet it is always the same since that curse has became the owner. We will not ever change the destiny of this team until he sells the team. How does he not look in the mirror, remembering as a kid how he was such a fanboy with Joe & Bobby running the team and almost always having a winning season during those 10 hears and not figure out that since he bought the team they have sucked?!!! The man is so delusional that he thinks its always someone else has caused the team to be a failure. He is the failure and we going to the same church of football hearing the same lies over and over again. How can any fan have any faith anymore in this team. How?

There’s very few who defend Dan. Every once in a while I’ll run across someone on Twitter trying to defend Dan and blame the media or the fans for not being behind the team but 99% of the fanbase blames Dan.

19 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I think my point is being misunderstood. I’m not saying Dan cares about fans, I’m saying he is a fan himself so he’s frustrated like the rest of us. It’s not like Rivera or a Johnny come lately coach who hasn’t lived through the last 30 years of not being a Super Bowl contender. 

I’m not absolving Dan if any blame, everything comes back to him, it’s his fault but he is also a fan who’s lived though this even before he was the owner from 1993-1998.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

I think (hope) this Titans game, is the beginning of our run.

We have 2 very winnable games in Titans & Bears. If they win those 2, I believe some confidence can return to the players.

I believe what's going on is as much mental, is it is physical.

This will set up the key game of the season between us vs Packers.

Beat Packers & the season gets interesting.

Lose to Packers & we probably finish 5-12 or 6-11.

More like this game is going to give us the runs… 💩 

will ferrell poop GIF

11 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

I mean, has Cosmi been playing at all this year even when he was in?

He’s been awful. Probably our worst OL & that’s saying a lot. I hyped him before the season too bc I thought he ready to lock down the RT position, but he doesn’t move very well latterly. He’s always late to the spot when trying to block speedy DEs but he’s big & strong.  I think he need to kick him in to RG like Scherff did. I hope Lucas plays & plays well but I don’t expect Ron to stay w/ Lucas bc that would make too much sense.

Edited by turtle28