GDT: Week 5 @ Minnesota Vikings --Will Fields finally pass for a TD in the 1st Q?

JAF-N72EX

Just now, beardown3231 said:

Serious question: what is the plan then? I'd say "then why didn't he sign any" but then I'd be told it's because they're trying to suck. If that's the case, will it help picking #1-#3? Who will they take that will help their defense that much? 

The plan now should be to continue to play within the frame of the defence and expect better from your DL...it is obvious the different between the snaps where someone gets off the snap and applies pressure and when we don't...

Again we need to get away from what Poles did in the offseason...it had to be done to get us away from being mediocre moving forward and to give us a chance to build next offseason with a ton of resources...won't be pretty this year but this is a long term project...it is clear to see. 

1 minute ago, Sugashane said:

One of the best plays the defense has in the first half was by Vildor... on a play that didn't even count. 

Bears football baby. 

It counted in that the Vikes weren't in FG range immediately then ended up missing a longer FG when they did get there.

2 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

The plan now should be to continue to play within the frame of the defence and expect better from your DL...it is obvious the different between the snaps where someone gets off the snap and applies pressure and when we don't...

Again we need to get away from what Poles did in the offseason...it had to be done to get us away from being mediocre moving forward and to give us a chance to build next offseason with a ton of resources...won't be pretty this year but this is a long term project...it is clear to see. 

I'd like to see who is going to come here with all that money, they are going to have to over pay by more than a lot. No one is going to want to come to the Baers with what they are showing.

1 minute ago, blkwdw13 said:

I'd like to see who is going to come here with all that money, they are going to have to over pay by more than a lot. No one is going to want to come to the Baers with what they are showing.

I just don't buy that...we have seen a lot of bad teams able to bring in good players over the years...money talks.

So its hopeless and they should close up Halas hall and disband the team?

Like I said over pay by a lot.

History just doesn't back it up...a team that really spring to mind is Cleveland who have brought in lots of talent over the years for fair value while being really bad...even the Eagles in a few down seasons have always been able to attract talent...I don't see us as being any different...some get caught up in the Jags going crazy and over spending but they are more the exception than the rule.

7 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Again we need to get away from what Poles did in the offseason

While I understand your larger point, poles and Eberflus said they want to build up the trenches, and hold players accountable. Meanwhile Sam Mustipher is still an unquestioned starter despite being straight garbage, and Jenkins is only not rotating snaps with a a terrible fa signing because whitehair got hurt. 

There's plenty to criticize, even within this offseason. 

• Like 2

Just now, Madmike90 said:

History just doesn't back it up...a team that really spring to mind is Cleveland who have brought in lots of talent over the years for fair value while being really bad...even the Eagles in a few down seasons have always been able to attract talent...I don't see us as being any different...some get caught up in the Jags going crazy and over spending but they are more the exception than the rule.

You're right the Baers are a premier team that players will want to come to play for. I guess will just be patient and wait around like we have for 30 plus years.

2 minutes ago, Bfan said:

So its hopeless and they should close up Halas hall and disband the team?

Nope just keep being patient, but I guess reading is hard. Since I said "I'd like to see who is going to come here."

1 minute ago, Epyon said:

While I understand your larger point, poles and Eberflus said they want to build up the trenches, and hold players accountable. Meanwhile Sam Mustipher is still an unquestioned starter despite being straight garbage, and Jenkins is only not rotating snaps with a a terrible fa signing because whitehair got hurt. 

There's plenty to criticize, even within this offseason. 

I agree we haven't done enough in the trenches and I fully expect us to be in on the best of the best like Jenkins & Payne in the offseason but there is no point looking back to the offseason...it's done...it's clear the #1 goal was to clear up the cap and allow us to do something this coming offseason...next year if we still look like this then we have real issues.