GDT: Week 5 @ Minnesota Vikings --Will Fields finally pass for a TD in the 1st Q?

JAF-N72EX

header.png

Screenshot-2022-10-05-at-16-33-57-NFL-Fo

1.png

1-2.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

6.png

7.png

8.png

9.png

10.png

The Bears staff have been disappointing so far but if there's any silver lining it's the half time adjustments made on both sides of the ball.  There's a night and day difference on defense. They're 30th in the league in the 1H and 6th in the 2H. This shows up on tape too. 

The offense is 27th in the 1H and 19th in the 2H, and while this still isn't good, but if the staff could manage to end the year with the 19th best offense in the league with this roster then that would be considered a success IMO.

If there was any game to use as a case study it would be this one. I don't expect the Bears to win but halftime adjustments could play a big factor. The Vikings offense play well in the 1H (8th) but are stagnant in the 2H (26th). Looking at our defense, it suggests the Vikings offense may score at will in the first half but die down in the 2nd. This may give our offense a chance to get back in the game--even though that seems to be asking alot and I would feel better about this if Monty and Jaylon are able to play.

I never want the Bears to lose but part of me wants to see the Vikings win just stay above the Packers in the NFCN lol.

• Like 2

Don't really care about the win or loss here I just want to see some positive development from the young guys

That goes for the rest of this season's games 

Bummer that Jaylon Johnson continues to sit out with his injury.

We're a way better team when he's playing and it puts less pressure on guys like Vildor and Gordon who really could use some support back there 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, topwop1 said:

Don't really care about the win or loss here I just want to see some positive development from the young guys

That goes for the rest of this season's games 

You ain't lying either. 

Eff wins and losses.....all I wanna see is if this staff is good enough to develop players or not. After all,  It starts with them.

• Like 2

Well you guys are better than I expected so far.

I think your defense will be very good this year with growing pains by the offense. I dont think Fields has enough help except by Mooney, Montgomery and Herbert.

I think ISM will be good for your team in knowing our offense. I really liked him but I guess the new coaching staff didn't see it.

The key for both teams I expect will be to run the ball and stop the run. Whoever does that better will win the game!

9 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Eff wins and losses.....all I wanna see is if this staff is good enough to develop players or not. After all,  It starts with them.

Im less worried about the players right now (they obviously need to, dont get me wrong) but I need to see some type of growth/evolution from Getsy. Thats my concern right now, because right now he doesnt look like a NFL level OC. Honestly I need to see a whole lot that allows him to even have a chance to show growth for next season.

Im not that concerned with the defense honestly, Johnson being out I think is alot bigger deal than most have realized. It screws up the whole CB rotation. And I think while we have seen flashes of the Roquan we want, but he's still not totally up to speed (game shape and scheme principals).