GDT: Week 5 @ Minnesota Vikings --Will Fields finally pass for a TD in the 1st Q?

JAF-N72EX

1 minute ago, HuskieBear said:

I will say one thing about this staff, the 2nd halves have seeming to be better due to adjustments made, which is something i can't recall happening on previous staffs

Agreed. However, they need to address the fact that they play so poorly to start EVERY week. Maybe growing pains but they need to fix it.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Bigbear72 said:

Trading Quinn sounds good in theory but who is trading for an aging pass rusher with his production right now and his salary?

all of Quinn's guaranteed money is gone, so any acquiring team can cut him after this year if they want. quinn clearly still has the burst off the line - i think his biggest problem is that he insists on playing RDE, which constantly puts him up against team's best tackles. Evan Neal has STRUGGLED with speed all year, but quinn had to go against Thomas because of his "preference." I do think that a team that thinks they might need a little more pass rush to push themselves to contender status would go for it, but it won't be for what Miller went for last year. Maybe a 3rd, but i would def take that at this point.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

all of Quinn's guaranteed money is gone, so any acquiring team can cut him after this year if they want. quinn clearly still has the burst off the line - i think his biggest problem is that he insists on playing RDE, which constantly puts him up against team's best tackles. Evan Neal has STRUGGLED with speed all year, but quinn had to go against Thomas because of his "preference." I do think that a team that thinks they might need a little more pass rush to push themselves to contender status would go for it, but it won't be for what Miller went for last year. Maybe a 3rd, but i would def take that at this point.

I think we tend to overvalue the trade market on our own players. I would be floored if we got a 3rd for him. I would be floored if he is traded if he doesn't pick up his production. Quinn is not consistent year to year. If I were a team and saw is production right now there is no way I'm giving up draft capital for him. Not right now.

37 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

I'm all aboard the anderson/carter/breese train for round 1, with a WR/weapon in rd 2

I think we just need to wait and see how the development of these receivers & if Fields can elevate them before deciding but ideally I would love a stud DL in the first then a WR later…that said if we are picking high and need a WR and I all for trading down before we take one…no one is a top 15 pick at WR IMO this year.

4 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

I think we just need to wait and see how the development of these receivers & if Fields can elevate them before deciding but ideally I would love a stud DL in the first then a WR later…that said if we are picking high and need a WR and I all for trading down before we take one…no one is a top 15 pick at WR IMO this year.

I'm all for trading down. I would use FA to try and secure the highest valued player/s at positions of need and whatever is left I would attack the draft that way. I know we really want a stud on the DL and WR but Fields is still being sacked and pressured at an alarming rate. When he is comfortable, he plays much better.

• Like 1

When you throw your hands up like you didn't do anything the refs usually assume you did and throw the flag.   Happens all the time.  

I coached that hard back in day.  Never, ever throw up your hands.  

What an epic QB run in a pivotal moment.   Crushing flag. 

48 minutes ago, Bigbear72 said:

I'm all for trading down. I would use FA to try and secure the highest valued player/s at positions of need and whatever is left I would attack the draft that way. I know we really want a stud on the DL and WR but Fields is still being sacked and pressured at an alarming rate. When he is comfortable, he plays much better.

For me the OL is one where we need to target guys vet players before anything else...I have a ton of faith in Jones being a long term starter at LT...I really like Jenkins at RG (not sure the staff do)...I think Whithair has another year in him at LG...then we get to the tricky spots...I think Borom could be upgraded and Patrick's contract means he doesn't need to be a starter either...if we targeted guys like Eglton Jenkins & Garrett Bradbury it would not only make us better but weaken our rivals...I would also like to target a true LT backup...

LT...Jones...Andre Dillard (PHI)

LG...Whitehair...Leatherwood

C...Garrett Bradbury (MIN)...Patrick

RG...Jenkins

RT...Eglton Jenkins (GB)...Larry Borom

LT...Jones...Andre Dillard (PHI)

LG...Move Eglton Jenkins inside if Borom is better than Leatherwood...or Leatherwood starts & Borom is a quality OT backup to Jenkins.

C...Garrett Bradbury (MIN)...Patrick

RG...Jenkins

RT...Eglton Jenkins (GB)...Larry Borom

Keeps the cost of the OL down but the talent level high...and that is before we continue to attack the draft for OL help which I have no doubt Poles would continue to do.

18 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

There is definitely some depth on your team. Eberflus has your team fighting hard.

I think more top end talent next could make the Bears really competitive next season.

Good game guys. See ya next year lol

Lol I wonder if you would have came here if Vikings lost .

Edited by IHatesnyder

36 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

I think Borom could be upgraded and Patrick's contract means he doesn't need to be a starter either...

It will be a staple of my 2023 mocks when we get there, but I think Borom very well could be traded away this offseason.

He is still a solid lineman, he just doesnt fit what we are looking for really, and they could move him on a cheap contract elsewhere for a Day 3 pick.