GDT: Week 5 @ Minnesota Vikings --Will Fields finally pass for a TD in the 1st Q?

JAF-N72EX

2 hours ago, topwop1 said:

For all the Poles haters a couple of his picks played well today.

Gordon had a much better showing and Velus scored his first NFL TD.

This is why it's important not to get too high or low after a few games for the rookies 

There is definitely some depth on your team. Eberflus has your team fighting hard.

I think more top end talent next could make the Bears really competitive next season.

Good game guys. See ya next year lol

• Like 2

2 hours ago, abstract_thought said:

Gordon was active in run support but again missing in coverage. Why are the Bears matching a rookie UDFA on Jefferson instead of trusting Gordon in that situation?

Velus needs to get more involved.

Yes Jefferson is one of the best WRs in the game. He's going to get his especially against an undermanned secondary without their best corner playing

Also Gordon plays NB so he's not going to always be matched up against the opposing teams' best WR.

Some of you guys just can't be happy with some positive plays by the young guys huh. You're expecting perfection

• Like 1

1 hour ago, topwop1 said:

Some of you guys just can't be happy with some positive plays by the young guys huh. You're expecting perfection

Perfection? No, I’m expecting the Bears to stick their top pick on Jefferson rather than letting a UDFA get burned all game. He’s been playing both NB and outside CB and Jefferson doesn’t exclusively line up outside.

7 hours ago, Sugashane said:

Over/under that Fields completes passes in this game than Cousins does consecutively. 

For me? Under. 

I'm not here to troll but you were correct!

I'm definitely not a fan of Zach Wilson but I'm not sure if Fields is any better. I wonder if he played for someone else if they could maximize his talent?

I really do think Chicago has some pieces together to be competitive. I just don't think Fields will work out though in Chicago.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

I'm not here to troll but you were correct!

I'm definitely not a fan of Zach Wilson but I'm not sure if Fields is any better. I wonder if he played for someone else if they could maximize his talent?

I really do think Chicago has some pieces together to be competitive. I just don't think Fields will work out though in Chicago.

Even Allen would be struggling here. Fields makes a lot of mistakes but the roster here is prime for tanking. Coaching is far from impressive as well. I hope Fields gets his "Allen" year after we get aggressive and get talent around him but until I see it I won't believe it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, abstract_thought said:

Perfection? No, I’m expecting the Bears to stick their top pick on Jefferson rather than letting a UDFA get burned all game. He’s been playing both NB and outside CB and Jefferson doesn’t exclusively line up outside.

Even Lovie would move Peanut around on Moss, why we wouldn't at LEAST put a CB in tight under coverage and a S over the top IDK. Hell I'd even take a LB trying to blast him off the line then rushing off the edge. Just don't watch an UDFA get roasted repeatedly against a top 5 WR.

It's just stupid.

This loss left me feeling better than any win this season.

Fields played well and was failed by the crap talent around him in the end.

Flus coached like he had a pair.

Strong 2nd half adjustments again.

I don’t care about the defense getting kicked around in the 1st half. 1/2 those guys won’t be on the team next year.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sugashane said:

Even Lovie would move Peanut around on Moss, why we wouldn't at LEAST put a CB in tight under coverage and a S over the top IDK. Hell I'd even take a LB trying to blast him off the line then rushing off the edge. Just don't watch an UDFA get roasted repeatedly against a top 5 WR.

It's just stupid.

As much as I get your point when Tillman was shadowing Moss he was more experienced and playing with a lot more talent around him…Gordon’s level of play hasn’t been good there is no questioning but I also don’t remember a time where a rookie has been given so much on his plate trying to learn both inside and out…then we start asking him to shadow guys and learn the rules of that especially with the amount of motion the Vikes use for me that is just giving him even more to think about and we all know the more a player is thinking the slower he is playing on the defensive side…shadowing guys might be in Gordon’s future but not right now…no doubt we say good progress from him yesterday though.

8 hours ago, WindyCity said:

This loss left me feeling better than any win this season.

Fields played well and was failed by the crap talent around him in the end.

Flus coached like he had a pair.

Strong 2nd half adjustments again.

I don’t care about the defense getting kicked around in the 1st half. 1/2 those guys won’t be on the team next year.

100%

This is why many of us talked all offseason that it would have been nice to start rebuild with an offensive focus rather than defense.   

The Ws and Ls aren't that important to Bears fans at moment.

It is all about QB development and confidence is so important in QB development.   

I do get that Poles stuck to his draft board through thick and thin.  But FA also tells a story.

7 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

As much as I get your point when Tillman was shadowing Moss he was more experienced and playing with a lot more talent around him…Gordon’s level of play hasn’t been good there is no questioning but I also don’t remember a time where a rookie has been given so much on his plate trying to learn both inside and out…then we start asking him to shadow guys and learn the rules of that especially with the amount of motion the Vikes use for me that is just giving him even more to think about and we all know the more a player is thinking the slower he is playing on the defensive side…shadowing guys might be in Gordon’s future but not right now…no doubt we say good progress from him yesterday though.

Right,  I didn't actually want Gordon shadowing him. What I mean is even Lovie would alter his Tampa 2 when he knew someone was going to be too much. Tillman on Johnson,  Urlacher shadowing Vick,  etc.  Why not make some sort of adjustment to help out against Jefferson?

He needs doubled pretty much constantly. Thielen is good but you known Jefferson is getting the lion's share of the targets.  Leaving any of our guys one on one with him is essentially handing them a completion. 12-13 going to Jefferson and a two point conversion proved that.  

The loss means nothing to me, it's the coaching that is disappointing me. We are seemingly making great adjustments at half most games but we look like undisciplined crap to start. Eberfus and Co are new and learning but getting outcoached in the first half is getting annoyingly consistent.  His calling card was supposed to be a taskmaster who had everyone firing at all times and disciplined play,  we are getting that only in the second half so far.  Hopefully he and the coordinators keep improving.