GDT: Week 5 @ Minnesota Vikings --Will Fields finally pass for a TD in the 1st Q?

JAF-N72EX

7 minutes ago, Bfan said:

Don't know if it is the coachs inspiring or the players self motivating but that was a real tail of two halfs.

Definitely.  First half it looked like it was going to be a comically bad blowout.  Second half we looked like a professional football team at times.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, beardown3231 said:

Dude the Bears are an incompetent organization and have been for a long time. It's ok to admit that. My favorite baseball team is the Sox. They suck too. 

No one's denying that but u don't really add much value on here with your constantly negative attitude. The act is getting old 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, topwop1 said:

No one's denying that but u don't really add much value on here with your constantly negative attitude. The act is getting old 

Issue I have is it is clear @beardown3231 does have more to add than the good old twitter like comment of "everything sucks" ...be passionate...call out the bad...but also call out good...see that this regime has nothing to do with the last 30 years...this is new and things are at least starting to move in the right direction. 

11 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Issue I have is it is clear @beardown3231 does have more to add than the good old twitter like comment of "everything sucks" ...be passionate...call out the bad...but also call out good...see that this regime has nothing to do with the last 30 years...this is new and things are at least starting to move in the right direction. 

Prove it

Also, this regime does have to do with the last 30 because the same morons hired them as the prior few

15 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

It's not an act. Guilty until proven innocent

Edited by beardown3231
  • Like 1

Interesting to lose but feel like this was more progress than we have seen most of the season...

Started off poorly no doubt and that needs to be addressed but it was really good to see the coaching staff be more aggressive...the 2 point try and onside kick were both good calls to try and win the game...Getsy was more aggressive in letting Fields try and win the game when he saw the running game was going to struggle...even the adjustments on defence were clear from Williams...still a lot of our issues like pass rush & blocking as well as drops comes down to the players rather than the coaches and that won't be fixed until next year where we can use the resources we have to bring in better talent...

Fields looked so much better than he has in any game this season...really interested to see if he can keep that going in the short week against Washington...if he can it can be a real corner turned...Kmet also looked better...few schemed routes for Mooney which shows more progression in the passing game as well...nice to see us use Velus in the right way...St. Brown does a lot of good dirty work...Pettis needs work...OL looked better in pass pro...worse when run blocking...we are at least two linemen short upfront...

Pass Rush was terrible early on...got a bit better as the game went on...Jones is solid inside but we need probably another 2 DTs...Gipson & Robinson both need to play more snaps in the rotation...Quan should play less right now...we also need better play from the LB level...the move to WLB for Smith hasn't went as well as hoped but that could partly be down to the DL play...Smith back to MLB with another run and hit LB in the offseason could make a lot of sense...clear we really miss JJ but Gordon looked much better today on the backend so that progression is another big one...even Vildor looked a little better...

All in all the Vikes are just ahead of us right now when it comes to talent but we stuck in there...add more talent and these are the games we could easily win...from what we saw today I am hopeful we beat Washington come Thursday.

1 minute ago, Madmike90 said:

All in all the Vikes are just ahead of us right now when it comes to talent but we stuck in there...add more talent and these are the games we could easily win...from what we saw today I am hopeful we beat Washington come Thursday.

we're all for seeing you guys improve too and GB stepping back. best of success the rest of the season, and we'll meet again!

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

I'm not mad at the loss. It was good to see the team show some resolve in coming back and almost winning this game.

Fields played well today which is a positive. 

I'll take it 

I agee.  I think we all agree we need more talent in the long run but this shows there are some people out there that have character.  Eventually we need to see more steps in the right direction and another serving of this please with a little extra on the side.

5 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

still a lot of our issues like pass rush & blocking as well as drops comes down to the players rather than the coaches and that won't be fixed until next year where we can use the resources we have to bring in better talent

IMO run defense will always be an issue in this scheme because of the amount of zone you play. This is a defense that allows yards even at its best.

I’m more concerned with the soft tackling, bad secondary play, and lack of a pass rush. These are areas where the Bears invested in the offseason and they should look much better by now.

Bears need to think about trading Quinn. He has more value to a contender and could bring back a decent pick.

7 minutes ago, abstract_thought said:

IMO run defense will always be an issue in this scheme because of the amount of zone you play. This is a defense that allows yards even at its best.

I’m more concerned with the soft tackling, bad secondary play, and lack of a pass rush. These are areas where the Bears invested in the offseason and they should look much better by now.

Bears need to think about trading Quinn. He has more value to a contender and could bring back a decent pick.

Trading Quinn sounds good in theory but who is trading for an aging pass rusher with his production right now and his salary?