GB defensive issues

squire12

I think this is a more basic situation.  GB has a DC that plays a base system that seems strongly counter to what the talent it has.

Jaire and Stokes seem to be best suited as man corners vs zone corners.

Gary, Preston, Clark, Reed, Wyatt are pass rushing and front line disruptive type players. Campbell and Walker have the ability to blitz.  Coupled with the corners, the ability to be more pressure/man based seems more suited to the skills.  

Jaire has spoken out after both losses on some things are seem to be scheme related.  

Frustrating thing is a mid season coaching is probably what is needed to make any significant change in the defensive philosophy.  GB doesn't have a bye until week 14 and the thursday game (mini bye) is not until week 11.   27 points in back to back games against NE (starting a back up QB and finishing the game with a rookie 4th round pick) and NYG who were down to the end of roster/PS WR group is a tough pill to swallow.  Each of those were high scores for those teams.  

If you feel that my assessment is off, please share.  If you feel that there is more to be positive, please share.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

It seems clear enough that there is a disconnect between the players and coaching on the defensive side.  If JA is talking openly, there are definitely others in the locker room who agree with him.

For sure.  Interesting that Rodgers took a bit of an issue with some things Jaire said which my be another thing brewing

5 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Both Capers and Pettine would have this functioning as a top 5 unit with this talent. Those are the guys you want to lead talent. Barry is maybe good for keeping average talent performing averagely.

Yeah I'm still not longing for Dom or Pettine back though.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Both Capers and Pettine would have this functioning as a top 5 unit with this talent. Those are the guys you want to lead talent. Barry is maybe good for keeping average talent performing averagely.

How long has Capers been gone? he usually lights a fire the first year...

Nah, I cant do it

7 minutes ago, GHARMON9 said:

While not perfect you can do MUCH WORSE...

Before this game was 4th in yards behind  SF, BUF and PHI.

Tied for 7th in sacks.

Even after this game were looking to be 8-12 in PPG. 

This loss sucks and I didnt see this coming but were okay. 

We've played Justin Fields, Daniel Jones, Bailey Zappe and Tom Brady without any WRs....

• Like 1

Just now, Packerraymond said:

We've played Justin Fields, Daniel Jones, Bailey Zappe and Tom Brady without any WRs....

Okay? And Geno Smith & Jared Goff are currently two of the NFLs top QBs.

Rodgers and Russell Wilson have both been bad this year. 

Play the name game all you want.