Joe Barry'd again

Old Guy

Joe Barry'd  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What should the Packers do about their defensive coordinator?

• Fire MLF, he hired him
    • Fire Joe Barry immediately and get somebody who will play aggressive defense
    • MLF should lay down the law with Barry to stop playing not to lose, get aggressive
    • Ride it out and see what happens this season then make a decision
    • Joe Barry is great

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/14/2022 at 06:46 PM

31 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

There's no other way to get an elite DC than exactly what you're saying though.

Huh? It’s not easy but can happen. Defensive HC that gets canned and goes back to DC. Flores, Quinn in Dallas for example. Someone like Todd Bowles if he gets canned.  Not saying he’s the guy in GB but Ebberflus could be a solid DC somewhere again. How much longer is Vrable in Tenn if they don’t make the playoffs? Saleh in NY? They’re probably not leaving but Lots can happen. 

Evero In Carolina could be a guy like that who’s available if they turn it all over. GB almost hired him before. He was real good in Denver as DC IIRC.

college ranks

retread ( not a fan of that)

Edited by Arthur Penske
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

209 rushing yards given up tonight.  How in the world can they even consider bringing this guy back?   We can do so much better than Joe Barry.  Still can't stop the run after all the draft capital that has been put into this thing.  Inexcusable. 

This is probably the most concerning stat considering who they had at QB

I feel like I've already made this post a number of times this season, but here it goes again. The ups and downs on the offense were expected - we're extremely young and made an important change at QB. I don't mind the offense sputtering at times or needing to grind out 20 points, that's just growth. What really grinds my gears and, honestly, makes me just disinterested in watching the team, is the defense getting clowned by 4-8 teams and quarterbacks that shouldn't even be in the league. A loss is fine, just not in this fashion.

I guess that's a lot of words for "just fire this clown"

• Like 4

being unable to adapt in this sport is one of the worst criticisms you could have of a HC or coordinator. Joe Barry doesn't adapt. 

look at the amount of draft capital and money we've poured into this side of the ball. has he gotten the best out of this unit? absolutely not

the ceiling of this team will never be reached with him employed. most of us have known this from the start of this thread, and it's still true now. nothing has changed about my opinion of the guy. he's garbage 

If making the playoffs means we keep Joe Barry, no thanks, I'd rather not make the playoffs. 

Sadly, we are still the #7 seed right now.

How the **** does he let Tommy the Guido run for 70 yards and pass for 158 with no sacks, no pressure and no spy on the guy. 

IF MLF doesn't fire this guy he's a straight up *****. 

On 12/5/2023 at 6:32 AM, Mr Anonymous said:

It's going to be a real hoot as the defense gets healthy and the schedule softens yet performs worse because Barry reverts back to playing conservative. Defies logic that you'd let castoffs be more aggressive than your preferred starters but that's where we are with JB.

Basically a reverse jinx attempt to avoid that potential outcome but there's almost assuredly a lot of truth in there

FJBModel_grande.jpg?v=1648052354

• Like 3