Joe Barry'd again

Old Guy

Joe Barry'd  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What should the Packers do about their defensive coordinator?

• Fire MLF, he hired him
    • Fire Joe Barry immediately and get somebody who will play aggressive defense
    • MLF should lay down the law with Barry to stop playing not to lose, get aggressive
    • Ride it out and see what happens this season then make a decision
    • Joe Barry is great

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/14/2022 at 06:46 PM

7 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Also we could solve this problem by hiring him as CO-DC with Barry, so Barry could teach him everything he knows for one year before he leaves!

Win win

If it took a year for Barry to teach someone everything he knows, im not sure that is the right hire

• Like 1

Okay...So... Well... I guess... Um... 

Barry did hold running backs to 102 yards, which is pretty good, considering you get Barkely in there. He is still working with his players on how to deal with rushing QBs though. I think that messed with the pass rushers head. AND there was lots of holding on those rushes too.

The Special Teams, I mean really messed it up. Gave the Giants starting field positions of 38 and 35 yards line. Not to mention the missed FG. 

And MLF knows Barry can only play when the offence is humming along. That really was a bad game from the offence with those turnovers.

That final drive though was Barry's time to shine and it don't go so well. Whoops

55 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

Okay...So... Well... I guess... Um... 

Barry did hold running backs to 102 yards, which is pretty good, considering you get Barkely in there. He is still working with his players on how to deal with rushing QBs though. I think that messed with the pass rushers head. AND there was lots of holding on those rushes too.

The Special Teams, I mean really messed it up. Gave the Giants starting field positions of 38 and 35 yards line. Not to mention the missed FG. 

And MLF knows Barry can only play when the offence is humming along. That really was a bad game from the offence with those turnovers.

That final drive though was Barry's time to shine and it don't go so well. Whoops

I expected nothing less .. nothing.  MLF gave Barry the chance .. whoops.  Time for a change although unfortunately, nothing will be done until season's end.  For me, that's not soon enough.

5 hours ago, Packer_ESP said:

I feel like I've already made this post a number of times this season, but here it goes again. The ups and downs on the offense were expected - we're extremely young and made an important change at QB. I don't mind the offense sputtering at times or needing to grind out 20 points, that's just growth. What really grinds my gears and, honestly, makes me just disinterested in watching the team, is the defense getting clowned by 4-8 teams and quarterbacks that shouldn't even be in the league. A loss is fine, just not in this fashion.

I guess that's a lot of words for "just fire this clown"

If they bring back Barry next year, watching Love’s development will be the only reason to tune in because you know they’re not contending or even serious with him at DC.

• Like 1

All emotions from last night's game aside, Barry is who he is. He's never been a top half, let alone top tier, DC. Why would we, or more importantly MLF, expect anything different than mediocre at best defensive play? This is on MLF for hiring and keeping Barry. MLF will never sniff a superb owl with Barry as DC. A change needs to be made.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brit Pack said:

This is what we need to focus on. This guy is stealing 2M per year from the organization and getting the same terrible results.

Rich Bisaccia needs to be called out for his ineptness. He needs to reign Nixon in and stop him from playing hero ball. Stop running the ball 8 yards deep out of the endzone. If you fumble a punt or kickoff just secure the possession. Just way too many mistakes by his unit

1 minute ago, Arthur Penske said:

Hes one of the first you think of as a natural reaction, but do you want someone who already told you no? Does he really want to be here?

LOL .. really?  Leonard was tabbed to be Chryst's next replacement as the Badger's head coach.  He expected that to be the case when he turned down the Packer's offer.  Then the Badger AD turned the tables offering Fickell the job and he surprised everybody in the nation by saying yes to being the Badger's new head coach.  It was a timing issue for sure.  If Leonard would have known he wasn't going to be the "Badger man" there's no doubt he would have taken the NFL job.

4 minutes ago, Cousin Eddie said:

All emotions from last night's game aside, Barry is who he is. He's never been a top half, let alone top tier, DC. Why would we, or more importantly MLF, expect anything different than mediocre at best defensive play? This is on MLF for hiring and keeping Barry. MLF will never sniff a superb owl with Barry as DC. A change needs to be made.

THIS Eddie .. THIS.  It's evident Barry can't get the job done vs weak opponents.  MLF hired him, MLF kept him after last years fiasco and this year as seen over and over, keeps on sinking Packer comebacks.  This is totally on MLF .. nobody else.

8 minutes ago, Packer_ESP said:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/nyg/2023.htm

NY running backs average 74 yards per game. Barkley averages 78 yards per game. Barry didn't hold anyone to ****.

Watching the game it didn't feel like Barkley was a factor and they had him bottled up quite good, especially with that designed 34-yard run fumble play...

Also it felt the defence was doing enough for the Packers to win it, especially in the first half. Just really giving up the one long 75 yards drive.

I hold my hands and agree that the last drive really stunk. That was time for Barry to get some shine and he failed to do so. I would like to watch the coaches film on that and see what happened.  

• Like 1

I had little doubt that Barry would keep the game close.

It was embarrassing to watch our defense in the 4'th quarter.

We got a gift from Vince himself on a play that never happens.  Then he gave us another one when our QB bypassed an uncovered guy for a TD and threw the tough out instead.

Only to have Joe Barry decide to re-gift those items to the Giants by allowing them to complete whatever passes they wanted.  

Run him out of town, now.  Don't wait.  Just do it now.  I 100% guarantee that the locker room will be better after he's out of the building.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

Watching the game it didn't feel like Barkley was a factor and they had him bottled up quite good, especially with that designed 34-yard run fumble play...

Also it felt the defence was doing enough for the Packers to win it, especially in the first half. Just really giving up the one long 75 yards drive.

I hold my hands and agree that the last drive really stunk. That was time for Barry to get some shine and he failed to do so. I would like to watch the coaches film on that and see what happened.  

He played soft *** coverage like he did all game.

3 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I had little doubt that Barry would keep the game close.

It was embarrassing to watch our defense in the 4'th quarter.

We got a gift from Vince himself on a play that never happens.  Then he gave us another one when our QB bypassed an uncovered guy for a TD and threw the tough out instead.

Only to have Joe Barry decide to re-gift those items to the Giants by allowing them to complete whatever passes they wanted.  

Run him out of town, now.  Don't wait.  Just do it now.  I 100% guarantee that the locker room will be better after he's out of the building.

heck even Alexander might decide to play, football is a situational game, Barry is not a situational coach

• Like 1