Joe Barry'd again

Old Guy

Joe Barry'd  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What should the Packers do about their defensive coordinator?

• Fire MLF, he hired him
    • Fire Joe Barry immediately and get somebody who will play aggressive defense
    • MLF should lay down the law with Barry to stop playing not to lose, get aggressive
    • Ride it out and see what happens this season then make a decision
    • Joe Barry is great

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/14/2022 at 06:46 PM

3 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

You might be on to something there .. defense was going thru the motions out there.  I doubt many of them trust the game plans that Barry is giving them.  It fails to put players in a position to achieve more often than not.  It's got to be embarrassing.  If they aren't embarrassed we need to get some new players.

Makes you wonder if there is more behind JA not playing the last 6 weeks yet not being on IR. I wouldn't want to play for Barry either.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

So Barry managed to get himself into a very good spot by limiting LAC, DET and KC, only to be completely undressed by NYG and TB.  At this point, I almost want to see the Barry led defense get lit up by Bryce Young.

Probably the only way Barry gets fired mid-season.

I think Barry has lost the players. On TB's last TD, one of the DBs sidestepped the WR who ran for the TD. Someone said earlier maybe it when Barry threw some of them under the bus this week. This defense is like watching a dead man walking. 

If MLF doesn't do something, we've won our last game for the season. The offensive players will quit next.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Arthur Penske said:

I want him gone in season out of spite but there’s a lot to focus on. And it’s not just DC. Gutey is gonna have to spend some money in the defensive backfield too I think. Can’t solve it all with draft picks. 

Getting Jaire back 100% next year will help.

3 minutes ago, Pugger said:

It would be pretty freaking classless to throw Barry under the bus in the post game presser.  Let's see what Matt DOES and not what he says to a reporter.

Just like it was classless for Barry to throw his players under the bus, yeah?

4 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

I think Barry has lost the players. On TB's last TD, one of the DBs sidestepped the WR who ran for the TD. Someone said earlier maybe it when Barry threw some of them under the bus this week. This defense is like watching a dead man walking. 

If MLF doesn't do something, we've won our last game for the season. The offensive players will quit next.

Think you are correct.  That's where I'm at.  There are times when it all just comes to a head.  Today was that day.  MLF better can his ***. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Pugger said:

It would be pretty freaking classless to throw Barry under the bus in the post game presser.  Let's see what Matt DOES and not what he says to a reporter.

That absolutely wouldn't be LaFleur.  And I'd imagine even though a bunch of players on the defensive side of the ball would probably agree, he runs the risk of losing the locker room if he does so.  Listening to LaFleur's press conference, something feels different about this one.  He seems clearly upset about the lack of adjustments made by Barry.

42 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

So Barry managed to get himself into a very good spot by limiting LAC, DET and KC, only to be completely undressed by NYG and TB.  At this point, I almost want to see the Barry led defense get lit up by Bryce Young.

That would do it for sure.

Just now, Scoremore said:

You don't think after all we have seen capped off by an epic meltdown today at home isn't enough?  

No. The stubborn never heed warnings or disasters until the first club batters their skull. And by that point it's too late to save their lives.