Joe Barry'd again

Old Guy

Joe Barry'd  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What should the Packers do about their defensive coordinator?

• Fire MLF, he hired him
    • Fire Joe Barry immediately and get somebody who will play aggressive defense
    • MLF should lay down the law with Barry to stop playing not to lose, get aggressive
    • Ride it out and see what happens this season then make a decision
    • Joe Barry is great

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/14/2022 at 06:46 PM

49 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

So he stuck with him too long. Thank you for making my point. He's 14 games too late, but do not let him corrupt that room any longer, get rid of his ***. 

He's not corrupting anything by being there, stop being dramatic.

Do you even know what a DC does? Who's going to make the practice plans for the week? The checks/signals? the gameplan,? the call sheet? 

There's no one on this staff who's done this, Joe has. It's why he's here for another 3 weeks to finish out the season. 

You think it's bad now, put a guy like Jerry Montgomery in charge who has no business being in charge and the calls don't get in, the gameplan is off, etc...

Hey our accountant sucks, well our project estimator works with numbers, make him do it!

30 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

You think it's bad now, put a guy like Jerry Montgomery in charge who has no business being in charge and the calls don't get in, the gameplan is off, etc...

Would Montgomery call a game any worse than what we saw yesterday? 

The D coaches may not have D-coordinator experience, but you would like to think that they have a pretty decent idea of what calls are being made during the game planning each week and during games. 

It honestly cannot get much worse at this point. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

It would be a knee jerk reaction.

Like firing a head coach after an embarrassing home loss against the Cardinals.

Or cutting a punt returner after he continued to muff punts.

I mean, we've done it, but off the top of my head, those are two instances over a lot of years.  So, yeah, it is unlikely that he's gone this season.

Nooo. This is the furthest from a knee jerk reaction . 

Im trying to understand the upside of this. 

If you’re going to fire him at the end of the year, you think he’s a detriment to the team. Why have a guy you’re going to fire on staff (a negative ) when you’re still in a playoff race.

We don’t know if an interim DC would be better, but I don’t get keeping a guy who we know hasn’t worked 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Hey our accountant sucks, well our project estimator works with numbers, make him do it!

Hey our accountant is losing us money hand over first, but we should keep him because he is an accountant!

Sorry, but this was like the worst argument I've seen on this board in awhile. The whole "nobody else on the staff is a DC" argument is weak sauce. They is literally nothing gained by keeping Barry in his role at this point while there is a bunch to lose (players quiting for one). Coaches can abs should be fired in season if they consistently under perform. Refusing to do so is just bad decision making. 

• Like 1

Just now, BluePacker said:

Hey our accountant is losing us money hand over first, but we should keep him because he is an accountant!

Sorry, but this was like the worst argument I've seen on this board in awhile. The whole "nobody else on the staff is a DC" argument is weak sauce. They is literally nothing gained by keeping Barry in his role at this point while there is a bunch to lose (players quiting for one). Coaches can abs should be fired in season if they consistently under perform. Refusing to do so is just bad decision making. 

We aren't keeping him though.

I wonder what is going thru the heads of the rest of the coaching staff on defense. Do any of them have aspirations to become a DC one day?  Are any of them chomping at the bit for an opportunity to call the defense if Barry was indeed fired?  Is MLF protecting them bcuz quite frankly they don’t have that potential?  And if that’s the case, how TF was this staff assembled so poorly in the first place?  

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

We aren't keeping him though.

Technically, at this point, we are for the rest of the season. Your analogy was DC to accountant, but if your accountant is losing you money you don't keep him for one more second. 

What exactly does GB gain by keeping him? I'd love a real answer, not a "but there are no other DCs on the staff" dodge. It's pretty obvious Barry has lost the players at this point, so "stability" isn't an answer either. 

Edited by BluePacker
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, BluePacker said:

Technically, at this point, we are for the rest of the season. Your analogy was DC to accountant, but if your accountant is losing you money you don't keep him for one more second. 

What exactly does GB gain by keeping him? I'd love a real answer, not a "but there are no other DCs on the staff" dodge. It's pretty obvious Barry has lost the players at this point, so "stability" isn't an answer either. 

If Matt LaFleur felt a qualified replacement existed, he would be gone.

It's really so simple it pains me so many can't figure it out.