Joe Barry'd again

Old Guy

Joe Barry'd  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What should the Packers do about their defensive coordinator?

• Fire MLF, he hired him
    • Fire Joe Barry immediately and get somebody who will play aggressive defense
    • MLF should lay down the law with Barry to stop playing not to lose, get aggressive
    • Ride it out and see what happens this season then make a decision
    • Joe Barry is great

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/14/2022 at 06:46 PM

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

LaFleur certainly is, or a move would've been made. 

I honestly think that is what it is. It's the only thing that makes sense. I guess just keep working and hope your team comes out like they did on that stretch where everything was clicking? I guess he has already heard all the hate and frustration that he doesn't think pulling the trigger and hoping for a spark out weighs just trying to keep building and correcting. I don't agree with it. I think Monday was the last chance he could fire him, and hopefully salvaged some positivity out of it.  Like I've said elsewhere I hope I am wrong, but I feel like we are trending the wrong way fast. 

Just now, squire12 said:

Im not asking MLF. Im asking you. 

Are you afraid the defense might be worse if Barry were fired now?

Or are you afraid the defense might get better if Barrywere fired now?

If the interim DC isn't well prepared for the role the defense will absolutely be worse. We just saw a team give up 63, there was a 70 this year. It was a putrid performance for us Sunday, but you start busting coverages and assignments, it gets real ugly fast. 

I preface that by saying I have no idea how prepared the interim would be or who that even would've been.

16 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

If the interim DC isn't well prepared for the role the defense will absolutely be worse. We just saw a team give up 63, there was a 70 this year. It was a putrid performance for us Sunday, but you start busting coverages and assignments, it gets real ugly fast. 

I preface that by saying I have no idea how prepared the interim would be or who that even would've been.

So you are afraid of it being worse and by default dont want to gamble it could become better.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

And therein lies the rub 

MLF is not the one I want hiring the next DC. He doesn't realize the scheme is outdated and broken. 

MLF is an offensive coordinator, not a head coach. We need a head coach. 

This by far the biggest, and far more serious problem, this team faces moving forward. 

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

You can gamble on 2:1 odds or 5000:1 odds. I don't know what my odds are, only LaFleur does. Long odds that my interim improves the defense? I probably run it out with Barry. 

This team needed a shot across the bow .. and Barry was the perfect shot.  Now they can grumble louder and point their fingers at Barry if things don't go well.  I guess we'll see if they care enough about Barry to ball out for him now that he's a dead man walking.  It didn't look like they were too interested in doing that last week.  We'll see what we get this week.

9 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I feel like his Charger defenses are routinely, uh, poor.  Even though they've drafted defense and traded for defense, the results just aren't there.

Or am I wrong?

From the little that I've picked up about them this year, their defense sucks. Be it scheme, personnel or a combo, I've not watched them (or read about them) enough to know for sure.

That's why I wasnt turning cartwheels when we lit them up and why I'm not saying we should hire Staley.

To supplement the above...

As I understand, Staley was a DC who elevated to HC. They had a DC coming into this year. Now, whether that guy's still around - and whether he was actually running the defense - or it was Staley's scheme and he was pulling the strings......I dont know.

All I know is their defense sucked.

Edited by Leader