Joe Barry'd again

Old Guy

Joe Barry'd  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What should the Packers do about their defensive coordinator?

• Fire MLF, he hired him
    • Fire Joe Barry immediately and get somebody who will play aggressive defense
    • MLF should lay down the law with Barry to stop playing not to lose, get aggressive
    • Ride it out and see what happens this season then make a decision
    • Joe Barry is great

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/14/2022 at 06:46 PM

1 minute ago, Scoremore said:

Barry called a good game tonight.  Is what it is.  Won't save him but hey glad to see it. 

He did.  Why was it so hard for him 95% of the time during his tenure here?  Granted, he wasn’t calling a game against Cousins, but still!

6 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Barry called a good game tonight.  Is what it is.  Won't save him but hey glad to see it. 

I think we drew a pretty big break facing a rookie that had deer in the headlight look to him for a half.  Packers did a nice job all night though, so it's a credit to the players and actually coach Barry.  Got to play who they put you up against and there was no doubt who the better team was tonight.

Barry Bomaye 

Barry Bomaye

Barry Bomaye

Let Barry do what he is good at, rush 3, don't play Alexander and we win. All this aggressive nonsense he heard messed with his head and he tried to changed but it didn't work. Got to stick to the Barry formula

1 hour ago, Brit Pack said:

Barry Bomaye 

Barry Bomaye

Barry Bomaye

Let Barry do what he is good at, rush 3, don't play Alexander and we win. All this aggressive nonsense he heard messed with his head and he tried to changed but it didn't work. Got to stick to the Barry formula

LOL .. back to the Barry love fest.  He rushed/blitzed/stunted way more than normal last night and it paid off.  Sticking to the normal Barry formula of non aggression and soft zones .. the Barry formula will end up with him being gone at years end.  He just couldn't get himself to see the "aggressive light".   

2 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

LOL .. back to the Barry love fest.  He rushed/blitzed/stunted way more than normal last night and it paid off.  Sticking to the normal Barry formula of non aggression and soft zones .. the Barry formula will end up with him being gone at years end.  He just couldn't get himself to see the "aggressive light".   

I saw guys stunt last night. joe berry had the boys at the chalk board this week

51 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

He also had the corner blitz with Nixon which I can't ever recall seeing before. However he was true to form where he did only rush 3 on multiple 3rd and long situations but this time they worked out

The 2nd and 28 sequence was vintage Barry.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, fattlipp said:

Yup, short of the Packers making a SB run, no way Barry keeps his job….

Yeah and I don't see that happening.  Apparently a few people here forget that who you have in at QB like those bums Hall and Mullens matters, and having no Hockenson even further neutered their offense.  Doesn't mean you don't appreciate the effort and the win because I do, but there was always only so far the Vikes were gonna get without Cousins.

Now I gotta say there is a lot to be very happy about this season.  Being right here right on the verge of making the playoffs after that awful start we had and with a team as young as this is big.  And if we do make them, I'd call the season a success even with a one and done result.  But that one and done result would almost certainly be because bad Barry is still alive and well and completely at fault for it.

11 hours ago, HokieHigh said:

I saw guys stunt last night. joe berry had the boys at the chalk board this week

Yup .. for 1 game.  Where in the hell was that pretty much all last year and for a number of games this year where they had the lead in the 4th quarter and he puked it away. I give him some credit for this game but way to little to late.

• Like 1

This is nothing new for Barry.  Have a hideous defense for most of the season, then actually come up with 2-3 good game plans and defenses at the end of the year.  Give us and the front office just enough hope to keep him around.

Then go into the next season doing the same crap that loses games.

14 hours ago, coachbuns said:

Yup .. for 1 game.  Where in the hell was that pretty much all last year and for a number of games this year where they had the lead in the 4th quarter and he puked it away. I give him some credit for this game but way to little to late.

You can't even take much away from the MIN game.  The Vikings offense is in full meltdown mode.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Let's go get the University of MIchigan's defensive coordinator. 

1. He's good!

2. He'd be out of Ann Arbor, and I really can't stand Michigan. 

win/win

Had to look it up but it's Mike MacDonald. Look at this dude, and he is definitely a dude. Good looking guy doesn't shave very often. You just know looking at this guy you don't want to **** with him. 

Mike Macdonald Named Michigan's Defensive Coordinator - University of Michigan Athletics (mgoblue.com)

Edited by Old Guy
  • Like 1