Joe Barry'd again

Old Guy

Joe Barry'd  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What should the Packers do about their defensive coordinator?

• Fire MLF, he hired him
    • Fire Joe Barry immediately and get somebody who will play aggressive defense
    • MLF should lay down the law with Barry to stop playing not to lose, get aggressive
    • Ride it out and see what happens this season then make a decision
    • Joe Barry is great

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/14/2022 at 06:46 PM

3 hours ago, ReadyToThump said:

The Packers base defense is the nickel, even in obvious run downs, and against teams that have ******* garbage QBs.

Joe Barry couldn't pour water out of a boot even if it had instructions written on how to on the heel.

Joe Barry is why poptarts have instructions

• Like 5

6 hours ago, MacReady said:

I'm frankly sick of this.

We know what a 4-3 is. We still want it.

The reason the 3-4 became so popular was because there was all this talent falling through the cracks. Tweeners who were too big for linebacker and too little for DL were falling all the way to the second round. That advantage has ended. The advantage has shifted back to the 4-3 because now those tweeners are sought after.

The 2-4-5 or 4-2 or Kenny Clark and 10 defensive backs defenses we line up in are awful. The expectations of our down linemen are way too drastic.

I want LVN, Wyatt, Clark, Gary lined up on the line. I want more players right on the line. The disguise crap is dumb and doesn't confuse literally anybody.

I'd actually prefer taking two linebackers off the field and adding a fifth DL. LVN, Wyatt, Clark, Gary and Preston.

LVN, Wyatt, Clark, Gary, Preston
                     Walker
Alexander Douglas Stokes
Ford                          Savage

Our base you could remove/rotate Preston and LVN and put Campbell back in, but I don't expect Campbell back next year anyway.

When we say 4-3, we're not talking about anything other than cutting the disguise BS. We're talking about putting our DL on the actual defensive line. Line them up right up close and personal with the OL and expect them to win.

I'm too lazy to do it anymore, so in lieu of getting the photos, this is what our DL looked like in key running moments last night:

DL                                        DL
         OT  G   C   G   OT

That's hyperbole, but if people can't see the heightened expectations out of our DL with so much to cover and the expectations of our second level to fill these gaps... It's not a football IQ question, it's a common sense question.

The more daylight at the start of the play makes it harder to close all  that. It looks absolutely stupid what we're trotting out there.

FINALLY, someone explains this in depth, and with a reason that doesn't boggle my mind.

8 hours ago, Brit Pack said:

Joe Barry is not the problem, everyone else is!!!!

Again, another convert, welcome to the club.

You likely have a familiarity of football on your side of the pond.  What is the reason Chelsea sucks right now???  The management???  No........at this point nobody in their right of mind blames the management.  If Sarri, Lampard, Tuchel, Potter, and Pocchetino cannot right the ship.........its not the managers anymore.  Its not the coaching staff.  You start laying into the players themselves now. 

Edited by HeresAGuy