Joe Barry'd again

Old Guy

Joe Barry'd  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What should the Packers do about their defensive coordinator?

• Fire MLF, he hired him
    • Fire Joe Barry immediately and get somebody who will play aggressive defense
    • MLF should lay down the law with Barry to stop playing not to lose, get aggressive
    • Ride it out and see what happens this season then make a decision
    • Joe Barry is great

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/14/2022 at 06:46 PM

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Ya think?

"Coach! You're 2DT formations are allowing running lanes you could drive a Mack Truck through...yet you keep doing it. Could you explain why that is?"

MLF scoffs at this comment, as the holes are only large enough to accommodate a Peterbilt.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Leader said:

Paul Bretl -   The M.O. of the Barry defense is the eliminate big plays. They’ve been able to somewhat do that in the pass game but not at all vs. the run. The result is a defense that has allowed the 8th most explosive plays.

Yeah it looks like Barry outsmarted himself and continues to do so. 

On 11/15/2023 at 9:28 PM, Mazrimiv said:

Probably the weirdest thing about MLF's reaction to reporters questioning what the defense is doing is that he appears to be genuinely confused/upset about it.  He honestly doesn't seem to understand or accept the reasons why the questions are being asked.  It's a little concerning.

I'm not sure about that. There's been reports in previous seasons of him getting involved in the defense so I don't think he's fully into Barry atm either. I think he gets defensive when asked about it because a) he realizes he's made a mistake keeping him and gets annoyed when it's pointed out but b) he obviously won't throw his coach under the bus in a presser. I really really hope he's already made his mind up about this and will fire him this offseason.

Edited by Packer_ESP
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, MacReady said:

This is what Barry’s defense looks like against an NFL quarterback.

I'd hardly be called a Joe Barry apologist, but he's got Carrington Valentine and Corey Ballentine at CB along with Anthony Johnson and Jonathan Biles at S.  If Herbert didn't have himself a day, I'd be disappointed.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, CWood21 said:

I'd hardly be called a Joe Barry apologist, but he's got Carrington Valentine and Corey Ballentine at CB along with Anthony Johnson and Jonathan Biles at S.  If Herbert didn't have himself a day, I'd be disappointed.

All Barry did was play a frickin soft zone.  I imagine that's all he thought he could do with the players he had.  That being said, the zones were open all game long and if it wasn't for the Charger receivers dropping every other pass it would have been very ugly.  The Packers got some offense going which was great but lets not pretend the soft zones Barry put up was genius.

• Like 1

Bailed out by drops, but not a bad showing. 

I still don't want him back 

• Like 1

Literally our top 4 DBs were out of the game: Alexander, Stokes, Savage and Ford. LOL Then throw in we traded Douglass away. 

Nobody dislikes Barry as much as I do but holding Herbert under 400 yards and 40 points today was a win. Never mind, we actually got a win!