How 🔥 is McDaniels Seat?

RaidersAreOne

34 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Can't talk about coaching. They deserve all the time in the world. 

Josh had one year where he helped Mac Jones to a statistically decent year and seems to have also rubbed off his arrogant mature on him. Like father, like son I guess? But he did it once. We have to ignore the rest of McDaniels failures as a result. 

Sorta like Patrick Graham's one-off good year. He did it once. So we cannot judge him based on the overwhelming weight of the evidence. 

That's the Big Palooka Way, and we must all adhere to it, agree wholeheartedly with it, and avoid criticizing it or else!

Except I literally said McDaniel's play calling sucked in phases and Carr's execution sucked too. So you don't even know what you're talking about. 

Graham has only coached a talented defense once. (2020). 2021, the Giants had all kinds of injury. Before that, a tank year Miami where they traded their best player in Sept. And then the lackluster group last year, also plagued with injury. 

Keep screaming into your echo chamber dude.

3 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Except I literally said McDaniel's play calling sucked in phases and Carr's execution sucked too. So you don't even know what you're talking about. 

Graham has only coached a talented defense once. (2020). 2021, the Giants had all kinds of injury. Before that, a tank year Miami where they traded their best player in Sept. And then the lackluster group last year, also plagued with injury. 

Keep screaming into your echo chamber dude.

clockwork planet GIF by Crunchyroll

41 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

People still complaining about McDaniels benching and releasing Carr? Lmao

unfortunately when discussing JMD after year 1, it is tough to not also bring up Carr . . . He was the QB last year for 15/17 games of JMDs offense. 

So yes, maybe stay out of this thread if you dont want to read about JMD or Carr?

-
that said, I do think / (optimistically hope), Jimmy can come in and be effective. Less big splash plays but hopefully a more consistence O. I think WR depth got better, and I think Oline will continue to grow and id be shocked if we dont add a Guard at some point. Im not sure who will run the seam route for us, and I think that would really open up the field if someone can step in and take that roll, because right now I still think people are going to be sitting on us. 

I believe Jimmy will be able to pick apart an 8 man box, but with our lack of speed I dont see teams needing to do a true 8 man box against us. 

1 hour ago, bucksavage1 said:

People still complaining about McDaniels benching and releasing Carr? Lmao

That was a major mistake by everyone. If we trade Carr for a first and the second we wouldn’t have this discussion. Do you like giving things away for free?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

That was a major mistake by everyone. If we trade Carr for a first and the second we wouldn’t have this discussion. Do you like giving things away for free?

When was there ever a 1st and 2nd on the table during JMD/ Ziegler regime? No team was trading a 1st for Carr with one year left on his deal

53 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

unfortunately when discussing JMD after year 1, it is tough to not also bring up Carr . . . He was the QB last year for 15/17 games of JMDs offense. 

So yes, maybe stay out of this thread if you dont want to read about JMD or Carr?

-
that said, I do think / (optimistically hope), Jimmy can come in and be effective. Less big splash plays but hopefully a more consistence O. I think WR depth got better, and I think Oline will continue to grow and id be shocked if we dont add a Guard at some point. Im not sure who will run the seam route for us, and I think that would really open up the field if someone can step in and take that roll, because right now I still think people are going to be sitting on us. 

I believe Jimmy will be able to pick apart an 8 man box, but with our lack of speed I dont see teams needing to do a true 8 man box against us. 

You guys need move on from Carr. Fair enough to discuss Jimmy G

2 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

You guys need move on from Carr. Fair enough to discuss Jimmy G

LOL, sounds like someone is afraid to talk about Carr, because he knows there were other flaws in the team last year.
I understand its easy as a fan to put all the blame on Carr, and say hes gone now so we going to win the superbowl with #winnerjimmy. . . 

But unfortunately, I still have questions about this team, that are typically just labeled an excuse, but in reality are just me being objective, about the Raiders. 
I have questions about our depth, our D, our speed on O, our play calling at times, etc. 
If I want to reference some of that from JMDs last season, I need to bring up players who played . . . 

Fully moved on from Carr. . . but seeing as you are afraid to even talk about him, it seems you have not lol

2 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

LOL, sounds like someone is afraid to talk about Carr, because he knows there were other flaws in the team last year.
I understand its easy as a fan to put all the blame on Carr, and say hes gone now so we going to win the superbowl with #winnerjimmy. . . 

But unfortunately, I still have questions about this team, that are typically just labeled an excuse, but in reality are just me being objective, about the Raiders. 
I have questions about our depth, our D, our speed on O, our play calling at times, etc. 
If I want to reference some of that from JMDs last season, I need to bring up players who played . . . 

Fully moved on from Carr. . . but seeing as you are afraid to even talk about him, it seems you have not lol

I’m not afraid to talk about Carr but He’s not on the team anymore and there’s no need talking about players who aren’t on the team 

5 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

I’m not afraid to talk about Carr but He’s not on the team anymore and there’s no need talking about players who aren’t on the team 

We’re not talking about Carr being on a team we’re talking about the mess the GM made first with Carr then with Waller. The Raiders should’ I had 2 1st and 3 2nds this year.

Edited by Bitty 2.0
  • Like 2

Just now, bucksavage1 said:

But people are questioning JMD for  his play calling, and lack of building a system around the QB we had but instead just building a system he wants. 

So we are talking about last year . . . Carr is going to come up, when talking about last year, IE the only year JMD was our HC.
If you dont want to read about it, Id probably stay out of the JMD thread. 

There are IMO legit questions to be at least concerned about with JMD. 
I will give him 3 years, and obviously he and Carr( omg I said his name, so sorry, shoot, I mean he who cant be named) were not a fit. 
A play caller needs to trust he QB, he didnt have trust in his. So we split. 

Just because we went with JMD (which i agreed with, have to let your coach get a QB he likes), doesnt mean he was 100% responsible for wins and Carr was 100% at fault for our short comings IMO

2 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

We’re not talking about Carr being on a team we’re talking about the mess the GM made first with Carr then with Waller. The Raiders should’ I had 2 1st and 3 2nds this year.

What team would trade a 1st for Carr with one year left on his deal? 

8 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

If the rumors were to be believed, the Colts.

Lots of good stuff from just last offseason. Things have changed quite a bit.

https://www.stampedeblue.com/2022/1/17/22888351/colts-speculated-as-potential-early-offseason-trade-suitor-for-raiders-qb-derek-carr

Edited by true2form

37 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Who knows how many teams would have been willing to offer what prior to the current regime giving him a no-trade clause, signalling he simply wasn't going to be available. But the chances that, NTC notwithstanding, we couldn't have gotten something fairly nice for Carr are slim to none. 

The NTC was strike 1 in regards to mismanagement. 

The benching was strike 2 in regards to mismanagement. 

The resulting inability to trade Carr due to the NTC and a lack of suitors because they knew he was going to be released anyway was strike 3 in regards to mismanagement. 

Nobody is pining for Carr to come back. Nobody is saying we shouldn't have moved on from him. Nobody is really talking about Carr himself. 

What people are talking about is the mismanagement by Davis, Zeigler, and McDaniels over several situations last year, most of which we're easily avoidable, and why when that's the case there's not a lot of reason for optimism in other areas for the team at present or in the immediate future. 

Edited by ronjon1990
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Does he have to? Does he get the benefit of the doubt given his offense had Mac Jones 2nd in ROY voting? 

Mac Jones, through for 3,801 passing yards, 22 touchdowns, and a 67.6 completion percentage in his offense as a rookie and lead them to the playoffs.

Mac Jones has said he loves McDaniels and looks at him like a father figure. 

For all the hate McDaniels gets, here is young QB that everyone dismissed in the draft process that bought into McDaniels and performed very well.

Yeah Mac was a good example of how it can work. I am more worried we will force a huge trade up for richardson, or take levis at 7, than anything else. We should take an elite defensive prospect unless there's some way to trade up for young/stroud imho.

• Like 1

On 4/5/2023 at 8:21 AM, Bitty 2.0 said:

DC never had chance with that defense. Hell, we had a special teamer as our WR2, and didnt have Waller. The defense is still trash. Adding a couple defense starters won't stop the unit from being a bottom 3 unit. Jimmy doesn't have a chance unless we nail the draft on defense.