State of the Steelers

warfelg

2 hours ago, 43M said:

The guy will be 27 this time next year, and wouldve been 28 by the time he would have been up for a new contract in 2026 (if we didnt give him a deal).   The Steelers very well may have actually did him a favor, because now, if the Steelers dont get a deal done with him (which I think its very possible they will),  that gives Najee the chance of getting a nice contract elsewhere....which teams will be more likely to give him at 27 rather than 28.    One year makes a big difference in the shelf life of a running back.

Your last sentence also helps to describe why I would be upset if I was his agent. I am not sure the player would agree that they are doing him a favor by making him take another 300 touches and 500+ snaps for a team that wants to walk away from him.

I do hope they are working in earnest to put him into a new contract that might be the same money in a more cap friendly environment or doing what the Giants did with Saquon to put a little more cash in his pocket now. But if not, that's gotta be a tough pill to swallow for one of the only leaders in a room that's been surrounded by crap for the last 3 years at OC and QB.

Don't get me wrong. I understand the business of this, specifically at his position. But there's a business decision and the right decision -- and I don't think those were the same thing in this instance. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, AFF said:

You could paid Warren for a few years and just let Harris be done after 2025 with no long term deal.

Im aware they’re probably gonna finish in the 18-25 and that’s why they need the picks….plus you’re going to have to spend $$$ to replace him if you don’t draft anybody regardless.

IDK…it just seems like you wanna be a ground and pound team had a decent value already on your team and decided to not do it.

I know, but then youre kind of screwing over Harris.   Youre giving the other guy a contract and using up his prime years even though you have no intentions of keeping him.

From a pure business perspective, what you're saying makes sense.    However, I think they are giving him a chance to get a long term deal next year...if not from them, then someone else.

32 minutes ago, August4th said:

been awhile since we opened the season with a home primetime game..I think 09 against Tennessee was the last time 

That was a joy to watch🤮

what is the plan for reserves if TJ gets injured? I know Herbig  but after that, ?

there should be a priority for depth when it involves  DPOY that if/when injured, we can't win.  Golden should have been signed but for some reason hasn't.

18 hours ago, Big Snack said:

I actually wouldn't mind a highly motivated Russ getting us off to a good start week 1. Much better than the the beat down we got week 1 last year.

Fair point but less pizzaz. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jebrick said:

I am starting to get scared as people say we are winning the off-season again.  Like to see more winning in the season as well.

or at least start the RD1 OT instead of Moore,  and keep Minkah at  FS centerfield 

we might have won the offseason  , and it shows just how much work was needed to fix colberts recent years of work. 

what do you expect the FO to do the rest of the off season for signings or trades?