warfelg

16 hours ago, mwalker said:

There are some very good ones (CB).
K.Ringo from Georgia is the top rated. 
E.Ricks, from Bama.
J.Porter Jr from Penn State.
C.Phillips, Utah
C.Smith S.Carolina

probably end up with one of these. JJ Watt would be a nice signing though and W.Anderson jr would be great but I doubt he will be there for us.  Maybe we put a few wins together and end up in the playoff race in the mediocre AFCN.  Imagine that?

It looks like this is a very good, diverse, class of ILBs. It seems like there’s a little of everything. I like @jebrick’s guy, Trenton Simpson the most. 6’3 240, crazy athleticism. Seems like a freak. He’d be a good all around ILB, could play next to Jack or Bush. The kid from Texas, Overshown, looks rangy. He’d be a great fit next to Jack.  There’s Sewell from Oregon. He’s a big kid, 6’2 250ish. He’d be a good BUCK type. Jack Campbell from Iowa. He’s 6’5 with outstanding power. He’s also rangy at that height and could develop into a solid coverage guy. That’s not even to mention all the modern look ILBs in the class. 6’1 225 guys like the kid from Bama. Good year to replace a former top 10 guy. We could probably get someone to replace Bush in the 2nd or 3rd, or spend a premium pick on a guy like Simpson. Our defense places more value on the ILB spot than others it seems. 

It wouldn’t surprise me if they go ILB in the 1st…especially if they’re around pick 10 rather than top 5 and with how much they put an emphasis on it previously(maybe changes under Khan/Weidl?)…

Another factor is Jacks backloaded deal…think he counts roughly $11.5 mill against cap next year…he might get an extension to push some $$$ into 2024 when they have over $100 mill in cap room.

4 hours ago, AFF said:

It wouldn’t surprise me if they go ILB in the 1st…especially if they’re around pick 10 rather than top 5 and with how much they put an emphasis on it previously(maybe changes under Khan/Weidl?)…

Another factor is Jacks backloaded deal…think he counts roughly $11.5 mill against cap next year…he might get an extension to push some $$$ into 2024 when they have over $100 mill in cap room.

Unless there is a blue chip ILB talent, which I don't see... top 10 and even top 20 on ILB is a waste.

If we drafted Sewell top 20, Id vomit.      

Trenches, pass rush or secondary rd 1.

Look at ILB rd 2 or 3.    Dont repeat the Devin Bush mistake.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 43M said:

Dont repeat the Devin Bush mistake.

exactly.  This is where UFA can help, and I hope they keep Jack, seems to be doing well. 

I have a feeling they will neglect the OL and we will have to tolerate mediocre OL, not really bad, just mediocre.  With that in mind, trade slower Najee for a replacement that has some quickness .  

Trading Claypool won't help as you can be sure higher picks (1 or 2) will be at WR.  Fingers are crossed that Austin, Simms and Pickens really do step up

11 hours ago, 43M said:

Unless there is a blue chip ILB talent, which I don't see... top 10 and even top 20 on ILB is a waste.

If we drafted Sewell top 20, Id vomit.      

Trenches, pass rush or secondary rd 1.

Look at ILB rd 2 or 3.    Dont repeat the Devin Bush mistake.

Oh I agree with you even though some people may think Simpson is worth it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I’d be more happy with Jack Campbell in the 2nd, but I wouldn’t be upset with Simpson. He looks like a stud. Campbell might not be as explosive, but his build and power are also impressive.

I think the ILB needs that speed to be able to cover.  That is why I am not sure about Eichenberg.  Very very smart player.  would not be able to run with some TEs (IMHO)

• Like 1

all this ILB talk, does this mean they trade Bush? Jack better stay, clearly a solid starter for us already.  Too bad we never signed Evans ILB , always thought he was good and remember during the draft many here wanted him but Vrabel got another shot at the steelers by drafting him.