Push Gate - Adams Charged with Misdemeanor assault

RaidersAreOne

6 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

As you can see, as you so kindly pointed out, I know nothing about civil law. . . 

Not everyone just agrees with your point. 

If this goes to Jury trial, its not automatic like you keep making it seem. 

But it won't go to trial. If it did it will be in the Midwest. Good luck to DA convincing a jury of his "peers" he don't got to pay this lil guy money for pushing him for no reason..

7 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

What adams did was assualt. No ifs and our buts about it. He didn't have to do it. 

But, I mean, technically speaking it was not assault.  It's battery. and even then it's a light concept of battery, as it is considered a willful use of force. And the force used here is seen in the court of law as a less egregious version. These things where someone is simply shoved, have very light penalties. 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Dude might lose his job over tryna be greedy

He definitely going to cause issues for other cameramen and journalists for future field passes, players will insist there are none on the field if there is a chance they could be sued for a push. 

Just now, NickButera said:

But, I mean, technically speaking it was not assault.  It's battery. and even then it's a light concept of battery, as it is considered a willful use of force. And the force used here is seen in the court of law as a less egregious version. These things where someone is simply shoved, have very light penalties. 

You are correct. Like I already said nothing will come of the criminal side of this. That him doing a police report and going to hospital was all for the civil case. Which I think he well in his right to do. 

2 minutes ago, Dessie said:

He definitely going to cause issues for other cameramen and journalists for future field passes, players will insist there are none on the field if there is a chance they could be sued for a push. 

And the NFL will say no, They staying. 

5 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

You are correct. Like I already said nothing will come of the criminal side of this. That him doing a police report and going to hospital was all for the civil case. Which I think he well in his right to do. 

Oooh, yea.  I haven't kept up with much of the conversation up to this point, I have a hard time seeing this going far in civil court. I used to be in law enforcement and I do know from experience that courts are very aware for money grabs against celebrities, and that would be something they the judge would be looking at compared to the severity of the incident. If anything he's looking for a behind the scenes settlement. Which, IMO he could have simply asked the raiders for compensation up front and avoided all this hassle and stress. 

I mean, what Adams did was stupid, but this certainly looks like a form of a money grab. He has a right to do it, but I don't like the way he's doing it. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

Adams gave thar dude a free lotto ticket and yall mad at him for cashing it in. Actions = consequences 

He won’t get more than 40K for a push and no ambulance. And 40K is really not worth losing the respect of your peers. At least in my opinion. Players are gonna treat that dude like trash until he quits. 

14 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

He won’t get more than 40K for a push and no ambulance. And 40K is really not worth losing the respect of your peers. At least in my opinion. Players are gonna treat that dude like trash until he quits. 

Lol. The players won't give two craps about this. It's not like players really talk to those dudes. Also I don't know this dude living or financial situation. I know people that would easily do this for 40 k and wouldn't give two **** what anybody thought about it. 

6 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

Lol. The players won't give two craps about this. It's not like players really talk to those dudes. Also I don't know this dude living or financial situation. I know people that would easily do this for 40 k and wouldn't give two **** what anybody thought about it. 

haha i guess this is another part of it. 
You keep saying lottery ticket, and I am thinking minimum youre talking at least 100k

2 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

haha i guess this is another part of it. 
You keep saying lottery ticket, and I am thinking minimum youre talking at least 100k

Nah, probably somewhere between $8k-$15k will be the ultimate amount. 

It'll ultimately be settled. You don't want to leave this type of thing up to a jury. It's a clear issue of one person being in the wrong- last thing you want to do make a bigger *** of yourself trying to fight it only for a chafed jury to use you to prove a point. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

Or you should hate the guy who put his hands on someone out of frustration. But that guy is a raider so we shouldn't. What's wrong with society that thinks you can put hands on someone much smaller than you and say I'm sorry and it's all good. 

What adams did was assualt. No ifs and our buts about it. He didn't have to do it. 

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and yes DA did a bonehead thing. But there’s no flippin doubt in my mind that we have a waaay different opinion of assault. I guess when my 53 yr old *ss is in the pit at a slipknot concert I’m assaulting the sh*t outta a bunch of 25 yr olds! Lmao! I get that he’s within his right, and the p*ssification of America continues on. SMH! 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Nah, probably somewhere between $8k-$15k will be the ultimate amount. 

It'll ultimately be settled. You don't want to leave this type of thing up to a jury. It's a clear issue of one person being in the wrong- last thing you want to do make a bigger *** of yourself trying to fight it only for a chafed jury to use you to prove a point. 

Yup, and I think if he had asked for 10k he wouldve got it without wasting police or hospital time. 
Settlement is taxed too I believe. And potentially lawyer fees. 

Just again think something like this should have been handled privately. 

2 hours ago, BackinBlack said:

Yup, and I think if he had asked for 10k he wouldve got it without wasting police or hospital time. 
Settlement is taxed too I believe. And potentially lawyer fees. 

Just again think something like this should have been handled privately. 

Maybe. 

But my personal experience with rich celebrities is to never rely on their sense of charity or morals when it comes to money. 

I would advise every person with a claim to get that ish in writing with a court order, every single time. "I promise to pay you x amount" is worth about as much as the Antonio Brown trade. 

Lots of new info tweeted today. I can link them later. 

He was charged with a municipal code violation, less than a misdemeanor 

Tm brown and tashan reed both said media are not supposed to be crossing the tunnel pre or post game, he was obviously in violation of the sideline media member rules. I was waiting for someone to confirm that and but they did

• Like 1