Week 6 GDT - Bears vs Commies... Why is This Prime Time?

Sugashane

13 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

It's all relative to me...if this was a good team and he was the 2nd worst in pressure allowed that's one thing but there is a lot going into that figure...Fields holding the ball too long & WRs not getting open doesn't play into those figures...like I said about every aspect of this offence it is a vicious cycle.

Bro. Bro.

He's bad. I know you are a glass half full guy but bad is bad. You can put a dress on a pig all you want but it's still a pig.

4 minutes ago, Bigbear72 said:

Bro. Bro.

He's bad. I know you are a glass half full guy but bad is bad. You can put a dress on a pig all you want but it's still a pig.

Again no one is saying he hasn't played bad...but who on offence has been good?...

My point is he should never have been a starter this season...he is a development guy...I think he will have a tough time for the rest of this year...but I think it will really help him long term.

2 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

I would disagree he is “horrible” has he struggled? Yes…do most rookie OTs struggle? Yes…do OTs coming from the FCS usually take more time to develop? Yes…has having Whitehair go down made it more difficult for him since? Yes…bottom line is he is a 5th round development guy who probably shouldn’t have played this season but is still better than any other option we have at LT…what we have to see is how he learns from this season & works during the offseason to improve in year two with a full season under his belt…he is no worse than Andrew Thomas was in New York as a rookie and look at that dude now…OT in the pros is incredibly difficult transition from college these days for a lot of guys but there is clear upside there…bring in competition in the offseason no doubt but I have a lot of faith in that kid to work it out when we have a better overall unit and he is more experienced at the position.

All of those things are true. He has also been horrible. Through 3 games he gave up 5 sacks and I only imagine it's a lot worse since. 

4 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Again no one is saying he hasn't played bad...but who on offence has been good?...

My point is he should never have been a starter this season...he is a development guy...I think he will have a tough time for the rest of this year...but I think it will really help him long term.

Him getting some development time would have required showing a pulse in free agency.

We left ourselves desperate on the OL heading into the draft and then waited to round 5.

Just a really poor process all around on the OL.

5 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Again, unplayable is hyperbolic...it's not good but it is also not terrible...

I do agree we should have had at least some competition.

The last 3 games have been really bad. Dangerously bad.

By pretty much every measure we have he is one of the worst pass blockers in the NFL right now. 

I believe he is 2nd worst in pressures for an OT and trending in the wrong direction.

5 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

It's all relative to me...if this was a good team and he was the 2nd worst in pressure allowed that's one thing but there is a lot going into that figure...Fields holding the ball too long & WRs not getting open doesn't play into those figures...like I said about every aspect of this offence it is a vicious cycle.

Well… I am glad we aren’t changing anything… that should end the viscous cycle of suck.

Edited by WindyCity

You just can’t have Musty, Patrick and Jones playing beside each other. They are all playing like crap.

Pick 2/3 spots and make a damn change already.

Call the Panthers about Bozeman. Scour the practice fosters, give Rieff and Schofield some time… do something.

11 hours ago, WindyCity said:

You just can’t have Musty, Patrick and Jones playing beside each other. They are all playing like crap.

Pick 2/3 spots and make a damn change already.

Call the Panthers about Bozeman. Scour the practice fosters, give Rieff and Schofield some time… do something.

Rieff and Schofield did get some time, when they went in for Jenkins. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, blkwdw13 said:

Rieff and Schofield did get some time, when they went in for Jenkins. 

I'm at the point I would be rotating in people across the line from C to LT and TE. Hell put in a heavy WR formation with Kmet and Reyes in the slot if you want to force some sort of physical advantage. If they can help in the run game and make some easy 5 yard receptions to keep Fields from getting beat down I'll take it. 

Regardless Patrick isn't the answer moving forward, nor is Mustipher. Hopefully Leatherwood looks like a competent OG and Whitehair moves back over to C, though it won't happen like that.