Week 6 GDT - Bears vs Commies... Why is This Prime Time?

Sugashane

9 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

I’m just not sure I get why people think the scheme is bad…it isn’t…we just don’t have enough talent to run it properly…the margin for error is so small right now because of the lack of talent of the players…

People don’t want to hear it but Mooney isn’t a #1 WR in this league…a very good #2 but that final play was drawn up and called the right way and if gave our best receiver a real chance…throw was good and hit him in the hands…just Mooney couldn’t come down with it…if we can find an AJ Brown type then that is a game winning TD.

That is the problem for me. Martz's system was good when they had the talent for it in STL. Almost any system is when you have talent in bulk at the right positions. But Getsy isn't adapting the system to his players, he's trying to force them into it. Nagy did that for years. It's a terrible way to run a game. 

We have a dynamic athlete at QB, a really good duo of RB, a young and unproven OL, JAG for a TE... why are we dropping back with zero protection and not using Kmet, Monty, and Herbert as safety nets? Quick dump offs, flats, arrows, drags, etc. Those three combined for 2 catches while Fields was sacked 5 times and WAS had 12ish QB hits. Getsy didn't help as Jones was beaten like a drum, it was reminiscent of CLE last year. Pathetic job coaching by Getsy and Eberflus should have had the sack to tell Getsy to make an adjustment. We have seemed to consistently done well with the FB but don't really utilize him now, yet we have our OC let our QB be 4th in sacks while like 30-32 in attempts by making him a statue. 

Defense played their *** off and was squandered again by incompetent coaching from Getsy (and Eberflus for not stepping in). Mooney choked but this is like the double doing to me - there is no way in hell this game should have come down to one play. They're a bad team that is poorly coached too, we just out-trashed them. 

None of this is aimed at you of course, I just was hoping that even with the obvious talent deficiencies we would be compently coached. We can make adjustments but being outcoached every damn first half is getting old. Coaches making the game harder and not being able to adjust the scheme is infuriating. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, abstract_thought said:

Here are some of Getsy's failures:

• Delay of game penalty on the 1st play of a game
  • Shotgun QB sneak from the 1 yard line
  • Running the ball on 3rd and long
  • Calling 4 consecutive pass plays from the 5 yard-line
  • Rotating Jenkins out of the game for no apparent reason

I see the point your trying to make but 6 games deep that is not a lot of errors considering the lack of talent he is a working with.

48 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Point #1 and point #5 have nothing to do with talent

NONE of those have anything to do with talent 

If you claim to have no receivers and a bad passing OL to be the problem for Getsy, the. Why in the world are we only passing at the 5? 

What does that lack of talent have to do with a shotgun sneak?

somehow in 10 days everyone is now wanting to give Getsy a pass? The only thing that has changed was losing Whitehair.

This is nonsense to me. Getsy is still a problem, just like Fields (as physically talented as he is) still has a bunch of problems. 

You guys just seem to rotate your misery to different pieces of this team

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Sugashane said:

That is the problem for me. Martz's system was good when they had the talent for it in STL. Almost any system is when you have talent in bulk at the right positions. But Getsy isn't adapting the system to his players, he's trying to force them into it. Nagy did that for years. It's a terrible way to run a game. 

We have a dynamic athlete at QB, a really good duo of RB, a young and unproven OL, JAG for a TE... why are we dropping back with zero protection and not using Kmet, Monty, and Herbert as safety nets? Quick dump offs, flats, arrows, drags, etc. Those three combined for 2 catches while Fields was sacked 5 times and WAS had 12ish QB hits. Getsy didn't help as Jones was beaten like a drum, it was reminiscent of CLE last year. Pathetic job coaching by Getsy and Eberflus should have had the sack to tell Getsy to make an adjustment. We have seemed to consistently done well with the FB but don't really utilize him now, yet we have our OC let our QB be 4th in sacks while like 30-32 in attempts by making him a statue. 

This is spot on. A good coordinator adjusts his scheme to what he has. 

What if we were in a Niners situation, with talent and a better OL, but we would lose our All World LT? and nothing changes? Would you give him a pass in that situation?  No way. 

You can say that we aren’t able to see his full system, but you can certainly grade him on what he is doing. And that is clearly not good enough. Because if the only way something works is under perfect conditions… then it’s not that good

Edited by StLunatic88
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

NONE of those have anything to do with talent 

If you claim to have no receivers and a bad passing OL to be the problem for Getsy, the. Why in the world are we only passing at the 5? 

What does that lack of talent have to do with a shotgun sneak?

somehow in 10 days everyone is now wanting to give Getsy a pass? The only thing that has changed was losing Whitehair.

This is nonsense to me. Getsy is still a problem, just like Fields (as physically talented as he is) still has a bunch of problems. 

You guys just seem to rotate your misery to different pieces of this team

I guess what I meant is you can argue points 2-4 there could stem from a lack of talent. Having a presnap penalty on the first offensive play of the game and taking arguably your best OL out of the game randomly aren't two that can be argued

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I don’t think Getsy has been good. He certainly has not elevated the offense.

But Ryan Poles handed him a ton of crap. This offensive talent is horrendous.

Even the guys Poles did add to the offense are awful.

This is just an excuse. Sean McVay turned Jared Goff into a Super Bowl QB in like 16 months. And he wasn’t starting with some treasure trove of talent 

And I’m not even asking for that, just a competently run offense.  

9 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

I guess what I meant is you can argue points 2-4 there could stem from a lack of talent. Having a presnap penalty on the first offensive play of the game and taking arguably your best OL out of the game randomly aren't two that can be argued

I’m agreeing with you. But I’m also pointing out that the other points, aren’t actually stemming from the talent level either.

Along with plenty of other things that have happened this season.

Are we going to pretend that throwing a ball off of a helmet is on anyone other than Fields?

We we’re moving the ball around the field on Thursday, but we shat the bed when it came down to putting points on the board, did the talent just disappear then?

37 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

I’m agreeing with you. But I’m also pointing out that the other points, aren’t actually stemming from the talent level either.

Along with plenty of other things that have happened this season.

Are we going to pretend that throwing a ball off of a helmet is on anyone other than Fields?

We we’re moving the ball around the field on Thursday, but we shat the bed when it came down to putting points on the board, did the talent just disappear then?

I 100% agree. All I was stating was those two are the obvious ones that require 0 talent. I do agree on the others too but one could argue they do depend on talent (I guess)

And yes, it was argued the INT in the endzone wasn't Fields' fault 😅

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

So 2 in 6 games? Again it isn’t the flex some think it is.

Do you think it was smart of him to run shotgun on 4th and goal from the 1 knowing the talent he has?

Do you think it was smart of him to run on 3rd and long? Is it ever?

Knowing how talented the RB's are, do you think it was smart of him to pass 4 times inside the 5?

5 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Do you think it was smart of him to run shotgun on 4th and goal from the 1 knowing the talent he has?

Do you think it was smart of him to run on 3rd and long? Is it ever?

Knowing how talented the RB's are, do you think it was smart of him to pass 4 times inside the 5?

No I disagree with them…but again me disagreeing with 5 or 6 calls in a 6 game stretch is not a concern to me…Nagy called games last year when I disagreed with 6 calls in a HALF…

Getsy’s scheme is showing me enough to suggest if we can keep Fields upright even without adding a weapon it can be successful…find some weapons and it can be truly effective on a consistent basis…we just need more dudes out there.

• Like 1