Week 6 GDT - Bears vs Commies... Why is This Prime Time?

Sugashane

10 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

I’m not even sure it is a failing on Poles part…more so just part of the plan to get us away from being mediocre long term…this is clearly a blow it up and start again year and while I hate seeing Fields getting hit time and time again it feels like this is the year of pain to set up the next 10 years…Poles went through it in KC and is much as it is difficult to say trust the process we sort of have no choice but to do so.

Just Fields isn’t a video game character. These hits are a problem.

You can rebuild and not put your QB behind an un-professional OL to get killed.

There is no rebuild hand book that says your young QB must get killed in the process.

Not signing a crap player in Patrick and spending a 3rd round pick on a bad punt returner would be a start.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Patrick has been real bad but this did get me thinking…is he out there trying to play with basically one hand? Hopefully he is and it gets better leading to him getting better…but he sure didn’t look this bad in GB so maybe there is something to it.

It is no longer clubbed. It is healthy enough to play.

44 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

So in other words you don’t have a real answer…people who quickly get back to asking a question when they are asked one usually don’t…

You’re better than this. It’s sad to see a smart person try these childish tactics.

We have 6 weeks of game threads that are full of what Getsy has been doing wrong. And the fact that you think he has been “fine” is mind-boggling to me.

If the oline is such a problem, why aren’t we manufacturing time for fields? Roll outs? Boots? Maybe some real RPO to freeze the defense on our normal play action?

These don’t have to be staples of the offense, but when you can’t adjust from your standard to best use what you do have, that’s the sign of a bad coach. Again, if your system only works with a HoF quarterback, then it’s a bad system

Everything he does is so unimaginative, from his formations, to the usage of the weapons we do have, to the plays themselves. 

I’ve never had a high bar for this offense, I’m aware of what talent level we do have, so citing dropped balls and the OL is just excuses at this point.

He can prove through the rest of the season to be competent, but to pretend he has been anything above poor to this point is just sticking your head in the sand

Edited by StLunatic88
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

Patrick has been real bad but this did get me thinking…is he out there trying to play with basically one hand? Hopefully he is and it gets better leading to him getting better…but he sure didn’t look this bad in GB so maybe there is something to it.

If his hand is still an issue it's not going to improve as the season goes on. Sit his a** down for a month and let it heal before he gets someone killed

2 hours ago, WindyCity said:

Just Fields isn’t a video game character. These hits are a problem.

You can rebuild and not put your QB behind an un-professional OL to get killed.

There is no rebuild hand book that says your young QB must get killed in the process.

Not signing a crap player in Patrick and spending a 3rd round pick on a bad punt returner would be a start.

I agree with you…personally it is not the strategy I would have taken…but it is clearly the one Poles and co are.

2 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

You’re better than this. It’s sad to see a smart person try these childish tactics.

We have 6 weeks of game threads that are full of what Getsy has been doing wrong. And the fact that you think he has been “fine” is mind-boggling to me.

If the oline is such a problem, why aren’t we manufacturing time for fields? Roll outs? Boots? Maybe some real RPO to freeze the defense on our normal play action?

These don’t have to be staples of the offense, but when you can’t adjust from your standard to best use what you do have, that’s the sign of a bad coach. Again, if your system only works with a HoF quarterback, then it’s a bad system

Everything he does is so unimaginative, from his formations, to the usage of the weapons we do have, to the plays themselves. 

I’ve never had a high bar for this offense, I’m aware of what talent level we do have, so citing dropped balls and the OL is just excuses at this point.

He can prove through the rest of the season to be competent, but to pretend he has been anything above poor to this point is just sticking your head in the sand

It’s not childish to point out the fact you tried to answer a question with a question…it’s fact…

As for the bold part we have seen then used in part but this idea that you can just change your offence in the middle of the season is fantasy with the talent level we have…your saying his use of our weapons is unimaginative…problem is there are very few weapons to use in any sort of way…again the players are the bigger issue here than the coaches…no one is sticking their head in the sand…simply seeing that scheme can only do so much when you simply don’t have the talent out there.

58 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

It’s not childish to point out the fact you tried to answer a question with a question…it’s fact…

As for the bold part we have seen then used in part but this idea that you can just change your offence in the middle of the season is fantasy with the talent level we have…your saying his use of our weapons is unimaginative…problem is there are very few weapons to use in any sort of way…again the players are the bigger issue here than the coaches…no one is sticking their head in the sand…simply seeing that scheme can only do so much when you simply don’t have the talent out there.

The bigger issue is they could have changed the scheme somewhat prior to week 1... or maybe- like you- they thought the players were better which is a huge indictment on the FO

19 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

The bigger issue is they could have changed the scheme somewhat prior to week 1... or maybe- like you- they thought the players were better which is a huge indictment on the FO

I think you can go into a season thinking something is going to work and for a ton of different reasons it doesn't...very few teams can overcome that...one recent example...the Eagles last year going to a run first team but what do they have that very few others do? An elite OL...we just aren't in that position right now...hopefully after this offseason we can be closer to that.

2 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

I agree with you…personally it is not the strategy I would have taken…but it is clearly the one Poles and co are.

We agree. Based on what we are seeing it was an idiotic approach.

I think they thought they could build an OL on the cheap and failed miserably… reeks of hubris to me.

39 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

We agree. Based on what we are seeing it was an idiotic approach.

I think they thought they could build an OL on the cheap and failed miserably… reeks of hubris to me.

I personally think they have gone out their way to build the entire roster on the cheap this season...I get maximising the cap space for next year when you have a year as a GM under your belt but there is no doubt they could have at least done a little more this year.

4 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

I personally think they have gone out their way to build the entire roster on the cheap this season...I get maximising the cap space for next year when you have a year as a GM under your belt but there is no doubt they could have at least done a little more this year.

They definitely could have but part of me thinks Poles didn't because he wants this team to get a high draft slot so he has a better chance of landing blue chip talent next offseason or stockpiling more draft picks via a trade down scenario 

We really need to get lucky and be able to pull a Philly. What they have done the past couple drafts is pretty insane with stockpiling multiple firsts and other round picks. That's how you build a good squad  quickly 

Maybe the Ian Cunningham hire from Philly will end up helping us in that sense or at least in trying to follow a similar model

Edited by topwop1
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

You can go cheap anywhere else on the team.

Going this cheap on the OL is turning into a massive disaster. 

I don’t have an issue with being bad and resetting the cap… but you had to at least build a competent OL.