Week 6 GDT - Bears vs Commies... Why is This Prime Time?

Sugashane

3 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

No I disagree with them…but again me disagreeing with 5 or 6 calls in a 6 game stretch is not a concern to me…Nagy called games last year when I disagreed with 6 calls in a HALF…

You are being completely disingenuous here. Even in a game that may have been his best called of the season (only 6 games you point out) there were plenty of questionable decisions. Not to mention the complete lack of creativity

Just now, StLunatic88 said:

You are being completely disingenuous here. Even in a game that may have been his best called of the season (only 6 games you point out) there were plenty of questionable decisions. Not to mention the complete lack of creativity

Why would I be? I have no connection to Getsy…I call it like I see it…I personally think he has done a solid job…I also think he is being let down by a lot of players where the play has been drawn up correctly and we can see the open man but Fields misses it…or the receiver drops it…or the OL just doesn’t hold up…those individual mistakes aren’t on Getsy…they are on the players…now if I saw countless plays where no one was open when Fields had lots of time to throw then I could see the point but not given the execution we are currently seeing. 

This was a game that we could've easily won 28-6 against a very bad team, a team that's  probably probably more talented than we are top to bottom.

That says alot about JF and coaching 

Yes JF miss-fired on a few throws, but its early year 2,  more like late year 1 ...why is the margin for error sooooo fricking small  ??! if its yr 5, sure I get the harsh criticism, but this is like game 10 for him !

despite his gaffes, he still did plenty to easily win this game  !

play calling is improving, some quick sweeps and pitches, shotgun PO is helping its coming together ....redzone is still atrocious  !  

WRs have to catch the dam ball  

JF was quick to check on velus after blowing the game, never looses his kool despite agriVATING  protection and drops  ! this young qb is an exceptional human being with all the tools to be great  ! he is obsessed with being great and winning games

Any Trubisky, Cutler Geno references in regards to JF not getting it done are just plain stupid  

Roethlesberger Josh Allen and Russel Wilson, Michael Vick and RG111  much better reference points...

talent is non-existent yet we could be easily be .500 or better 

be thankful we are losing these games bc this season is only avout development for JF,  freeing up cap space and  acquiring some quality depth...

JF and Flus are legit, getsy and williams may be too but that remains to be seen ...we get to the redzone but can't finish, we only have a couple of OL pieces and zero starting talent on the DL 

48 minutes ago, SLCbear said:

https://youtu.be/LweefqWL6RU

excelente breakdown  !

I love this kind of breakdown.

As for the overall game. With first and second year guys and fill-in/prove it guys you expect them to screw up sometimes. That why they are not proven commodities. This is just what it looks like when they all take a turn in the same game.  To bad it happened against a team we expected to beat.  I can accept it this year as I have no real expectations on won/lost record until late in the season.  In week 12 -17 I will want to see better play if not wins.

3 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Why would I be? I have no connection to Getsy…I call it like I see it…I personally think he has done a solid job…I also think he is being let down by a lot of players where the play has been drawn up correctly and we can see the open man but Fields misses it…or the receiver drops it…or the OL just doesn’t hold up…those individual mistakes aren’t on Getsy…they are on the players…now if I saw countless plays where no one was open when Fields had lots of time to throw then I could see the point but not given the execution we are currently seeing. 

I agree.

The talent level on offense is pathetic and I am not sure we can evaluate anyone right now.

Major failing by Poles not to put even a competent offense together so we could evaluate Fields and Getsy.

4 hours ago, WindyCity said:

I agree.

The talent level on offense is pathetic and I am not sure we can evaluate anyone right now.

Major failing by Poles not to put even a competent offense together so we could evaluate Fields and Getsy.

I’m not even sure it is a failing on Poles part…more so just part of the plan to get us away from being mediocre long term…this is clearly a blow it up and start again year and while I hate seeing Fields getting hit time and time again it feels like this is the year of pain to set up the next 10 years…Poles went through it in KC and is much as it is difficult to say trust the process we sort of have no choice but to do so.

2 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

On watching the games???

What have you watched in game planning? play calling? asset usage? that you have been impressed with, much less felt was on par with the rest of 2022 football?

So in other words you don’t have a real answer…people who quickly get back to asking a question when they are asked one usually don’t…

As I originally outlined what I see are open receivers who Fields hasn’t seen…receivers who when targeted have dropped to many balls at critical times…an OL who can be worn down by decent linemen into giving up a stack of pressure…none of that is on the scheme…that’s on individual errors by the players…Getsy to me has called balanced games where if we had more talent around Fields we would see success.

18 hours ago, SLCbear said:

This was a game that we could've easily won 28-6 against a very bad team, a team that's  probably probably more talented than we are top to bottom.

That says alot about JF and coaching 

Yes JF miss-fired on a few throws, but its early year 2,  more like late year 1 ...why is the margin for error sooooo fricking small  ??! if its yr 5, sure I get the harsh criticism, but this is like game 10 for him !

despite his gaffes, he still did plenty to easily win this game  !

play calling is improving, some quick sweeps and pitches, shotgun PO is helping its coming together ....redzone is still atrocious  !  

WRs have to catch the dam ball  

JF was quick to check on velus after blowing the game, never looses his kool despite agriVATING  protection and drops  ! this young qb is an exceptional human being with all the tools to be great  ! he is obsessed with being great and winning games

Any Trubisky, Cutler Geno references in regards to JF not getting it done are just plain stupid  

Roethlesberger Josh Allen and Russel Wilson, Michael Vick and RG111  much better reference points...

talent is non-existent yet we could be easily be .500 or better 

be thankful we are losing these games bc this season is only avout development for JF,  freeing up cap space and  acquiring some quality depth...

JF and Flus are legit, getsy and williams may be too but that remains to be seen ...we get to the redzone but can't finish, we only have a couple of OL pieces and zero starting talent on the DL 

Washington should be 4-2 this season, we should have beaten the cowboys and we should have beaten the titans . The problem with the bears is that they don’t hire a young minded offensive coach to help develop the QB.

If bienemy was here or leftwitch I promise you fields would be better . All and all the bears won’t go anywhere with Justin fields , he had an opportunity to win and missed an open guy on the flat for a TD. 

14 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Patrick has been real bad but this did get me thinking…is he out there trying to play with basically one hand? Hopefully he is and it gets better leading to him getting better…but he sure didn’t look this bad in GB so maybe there is something to it.

As long as he keeps having good practices then the coaches should still be putting him out there constantly.