Week 6 GDT

RaidersAreOne

Just now, cp0k2 said:

I know what you're saying, I don't agree with it. I'd rather extend the game and have a chance to tie the game at the end. Knowing I need more scores than I can reasonably hope to achieve does nothing for me.  

I mean again that's just not... smart. That doesn't make sense, it's based entirely on intuition, on assumption, on feeling. You don't want to have to guess, you want to know what you need to do and how much time you have to do it so you can plan for it.

Just now, Malik said:

Honestly can't remember the last Jets team that had this much talent at the skill positions. Seen plenty of talented defensive linemen here

Quinnen Williams is quietly one of the best DTs in football, absolute dominant season so far. Rankins is having a good season as well, then we have Carl Lawson, Bryce Huff who can get after it. Johnson was injured this game. 

Sauce Gardner is the best CB we have had since Revis, he is so so good already. Going to be elite. 

2 minutes ago, cp0k2 said:

I know what you're saying, I don't agree with it. I'd rather extend the game and have a chance to tie the game at the end. Knowing I need more scores than I can reasonably hope to achieve does nothing for me.  

You increase the chance of not having time for a 3rd possession by not knowing. That is a self fulfilling prophecy

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Because the chance of converting the 2pt conversion is the exact same whether you go for it the first time or the second time, but your knowledge of how to manage the game is not.

So do you just ignore momentum of the game? Because if you go for it and miss it, you give all the momentum back to the other team (who is up 9).

Just now, Tony7188 said:

So do you just ignore momentum of the game? Because if you go for it and miss it, you give all the momentum back to the other team (who is up 9).

Yes, because momentum is a completely nonsensical vaguery that can be applied anywhere for any reason to justify any action you take.

You play what gives you the best chance to win the game. Going for it the first time, objectively, gives you the best chance to win the game.

• Like 1