Week 6 @ Cleveland: Send in the Clowns

biggie.

On 10/14/2022 at 3:54 PM, DawgX said:

Ward and Clowney are out for us.

You guys will win. BB is great at taking out his opponent's biggest strength, which is our running game/PA game due to our threat to run.

Joe Woods is an absolute joke of a DC, and had his worst game (of many terrible games) against you guys last season. I don't expect he'll make any adjustments this time around. He'll play a bunch of soft zone, won't blitz or use any disguises, and will let Garrett get double or triple teamed and won't do anything to counter it.

I'm guessing a score of around 23-10 you guys, but it'll feel like an uglier loss than that for us.

Well, my prediction wasn't far off until we totally imploded towards the end of the game lol

• Like 3

Big win on the road! This one was a coaching clinic. Was awesome to see Belichick coach circles around the franchise that ran him out of town. Schooler trying to give him a football was such a funny, classic, BB moment.

·        I am giddy about this rookie class. Even 100 year old Kraft knew that we desperately needed to hit on these next couple drafts to infuse some youth into this team, and its' hard not to be hopeful about these last two draft classes.

·        Strange- pick was highly criticized, but the Patriots guard combo of Big Mike + Strange is kicking ***.

·        Thornton- feels to me as if this guy is going to be a playmaker. When he was drafted, he was pigeonholed as a burner. But when I was watching his highlight reels, I could help but noticed how much of a weapon he was at the goal line for Baylor, and he could really get off the line with ease. Not to mention his speed on these end arounds adds a whole another element to this offense. The coaching staff is already drawing him up plays and touches, and haven't really eased him back in. I think he's going to be a major contributor for this offense and would love if he sent Agholor to the bench.

·        Jack Jones- hard for me to pick a favorite from this class, but I think he maybe it for me. Such a playmaker.

·        Marcus Jones- I want to continue to see more of him on defense. Please no more Myles Bryant. He technically made that interception and has been a breath of fresh air in the return game.

·        Zappe- I've gone this long and I haven't even mentioned the rookie QB who looks nothing like a rookie. Man does he look comfortable out there. I'm not calling for Mac's job yet, but this is a great problem to have- at worst.

·        Schooler- has been great on special teams.

·        TBD- Strong (disappointing he can't make his way onto the field with the Harris injury), Harris, etc. I'm sure I'm missing more.

·        Patricia was in his bag. Remember when the media acted like we wouldn't have a first down all year and Belichick was losing his mind? Credit where credit is due, he called a great game. Nice of them to remember we have two pretty good tight ends too.

·        Stevenson is probably my favorite Patriot right now. What a special player.

·        Leave Isaiah Wynn on the bench, please. I beg of you. The guy is a drive killer with his costly holding penalties.

·        Extend Kyle Dugger asap. Another highly criticized pick, but imo this guy is an elite safety already. I loved how rebounded with a big tackle after getting beat by Njoku.

·        Hopefully Barmore is ok and his injury isn't a long-term one. I saw him testing it on the sideline with a trainer, so I'm thinking it isn't a long-term injury.

Easy stretch coming up with a couple big games against the Jets. Unsurprisingly, Belichick has this team playing better, and I'm hoping they continue to role with these young guys moving forward. I say give Mac another week's of rest with the Bears coming to town on MNF.

44 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

How good is our OL playing right now? (Minus the penalties). Check Zappe's best plays, and specifically look at his pocket and TTT. 

WOW! Hats off to the OL

Great day for the Pats however they have to clean up the penalties or they won't have a chance against better competition.

"a dozen penalties for 92 yards"

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=patriots+had+to+many+pentaties+against+the+browns

1 hour ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

Leave Isaiah Wynn on the bench, please. I beg of you. The guy is a drive killer with his costly holding penalties.

@1ForTheThumb  This would be the move. He is leading the NFL in penalties. I think its 9 penalties !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The amazing thing to me is that the Patriots are one of the only teams in the league in "no mans land" .. an upper middle class team. 

- They can keep up with great teams

- Get blown out by elite teams

- DOMINATE bad to good teams

If you go by point differential you'd think the Patriots are an elite team, I think they are top 5 now. 

I don't remember a borderline playoff team like the Patriots of this year and last. Usually when a team is borderline playoff caliber they aren't crushing bad teams this much, but I guess that goes to show how important coaching still is in the NFL. 

2 minutes ago, Crimmage said:

The amazing thing to me is that the Patriots are one of the only teams in the league in "no mans land" .. an upper middle class team. 

- They can keep up with great teams

- Get blown out by elite teams

- DOMINATE bad to good teams

If you go by point differential you'd think the Patriots are an elite team, I think they are top 5 now. 

I don't remember a borderline playoff team like the Patriots of this year and last. Usually when a team is borderline playoff caliber they aren't crushing bad teams this much, but I guess that goes to show how important coaching still is in the NFL. 

It's like last season.

We were 2nd in PD weren't we? Felt like we'd lose to the great teams, but keep up with good and blow out bad

Hey remember when everyone said Strange was a reach and I reminded everyone that the same exact thing was said about Travis Frederick and that Belichick has a nearly flawless record when drafting o linemen?

Edited by biggie.

2 hours ago, biggie. said:

Hey remember when everyone said Strange was a reach and I reminded everyone that the same exact thing was said about Travis Frederick and that Belichick has a nearly flawless record when drafting o linemen?

I think what people were saying is that he’s guaranteed to be a good player for a long time, but that we probably could get him with our second pick anyway. 

I did enjoy your thread though calling out the entire draft. Obviously this police state had to close it down 🙄

Edited by Hunter2_1