Is Aaron Rodgers done?

notthatbluestuff

On 10/20/2022 at 9:14 PM, StatKing said:

The Bears fans in this thread have been waiting 15 years for this moment. The man is unquestionably a top 10 QB of all time. Sorry if giving that guy the benefit of the doubt seems more reasonable than thinking a bunch of rookies and fringe roster guys aren't more likely to be the problem.

To be honest, everyone in the NFCN has.

The only real threat in the division has been Minnesota but besides 09, 15 and 17 its pretty much been all GB.

8 hours ago, incognito_man said:

99.99% of people do not refer to the OL when talking about "the talent" around a QB.

Yes they do, especially fans who have seen a lot of bad QB play from their favorite team over the years. That's just a dumb notion. The people who block literally every play aren't relevant? 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

They are important. I'm in the .01%

I'm not bashing you either FWIW, just read my response and it sounds kinda prick-ish. 

Maybe I've been staying off the Facebook and Yahoo chats for long enough to be disconnected from the bulk of fans. I know Bears fans on here and a few other forums have been complaining about the OL being neglected for the bulk of the last 15 years though. 

1 hour ago, Sugashane said:

I'm not bashing you either FWIW, just read my response and it sounds kinda prick-ish. 

Maybe I've been staying off the Facebook and Yahoo chats for long enough to be disconnected from the bulk of fans. I know Bears fans on here and a few other forums have been complaining about the OL being neglected for the bulk of the last 15 years though. 

I've repeatedly defended the lack of support for the GB OL the past 5ish years. They never got enough credit and casual fans routinely complained that Rodgers had a weak supporting cast (despite having an elite OL for years).

35 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I've repeatedly defended the lack of support for the GB OL the past 5ish years. They never got enough credit and casual fans routinely complained that Rodgers had a weak supporting cast (despite having an elite OL for years).

Really? I didn't know the disrespect for their OL was that bad in recent years. I thought they looked good for most part, though every OL will have the occasional game where they get whipped. Granted any OL that loses Bak takes a major step down but you expect to take a hit when an All Pro goes down. Even last year with a slew of injuries they pulled together to be one of the better OLs in the league I thought. 

Actually, with Nagy and Pace finally getting the boot I did a mock where I stole Stenavich as OC (because the HC was the playcaller) too because I was damn impressed. Wanted someone really to develop the young OL like Jenkins, Borom and the other guys I was drafting. 

I remember a few years ago after Jennings left and Nelson got hurt, Davante Adams was the second round pick who was expected to step up but wasn't quite ready. I think it may take another year for Rodgers and one of his young receivers to gel, but it always ends up working out eventually.

35 minutes ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

I remember a few years ago after Jennings left and Nelson got hurt, Davante Adams was the second round pick who was expected to step up but wasn't quite ready. I think it may take another year for Rodgers and one of his young receivers to gel, but it always ends up working out eventually.

yes, but present day Rodgers is no longer prime Rodgers.