Is Aaron Rodgers done?

notthatbluestuff

2 hours ago, Malik said:

Do you think Rodgers played well?

Well enough for a QB that was sacked 4 times, hit 9 times, and pressured all night. I mean, I’m not sure what else he was supposed to do if the OL can’t block 4-man pressures? Multiple third down sacks, with 7 in coverage. They just kept doing it too because the run game couldn’t do anything against the same front. 

Did he have an absolutely perfect game, no, of course not, most QBs hardly do come Sunday. He had Doubs on a 4th down early in the game and the ball was just past his reach. On another 4th down, virtually to end the game, Rodgers was flushed to his left, created space, and then forced a ball into double coverage (not sure anyone was open but he had a little more time to throw). But he also gave his players chances. Lazard held on to maybe two passes, a perfectly placed ball down the left sideline over DJ Reed with safety help, and a back shoulder throw against Echols for a TD. He didn’t come down with the jump ball vs Echols, he didn’t come down with the crosser that Gardner knocked out, neither did Doubs. 

What jumped out to me offensively for the Packers was the lack of decent receivers, virtually no one other than Tonyan was ever open. That contributed to the other most glaringly obvious aspect of Sunday afternoon, that the Packers OL sucked. Looked absolutely lost vs stunts. If Rodgers wasn’t able to move like could and this was a Matt Ryan or Tom Brady at QB, it would’ve been even uglier. Quinnen Williams was unblockable. Similar to what the Bucs did vs the Chiefs years ago - constant pressure up front without sacrificing anything in coverage. Eventually you just have to start lobbing it up for your guys to make plays, and Romeo Doubs and Allen Lazard are not going to be those guys. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, incognito_man said:

It's a running joke on our forum whenever someone says "no one was open" to make excuses for Rodgers.

He's missing open guys. 

Rodgers also was zoning in on his favorite towards the end of last year. The playoff game he had plenty of open guys. 

10 hours ago, incognito_man said:

It's a running joke on our forum whenever someone says "no one was open" to make excuses for Rodgers.

He's missing open guys. 

It's funny, this is the common excuse for our fans with Greg Roman as well. Then the All-22 drops and you see a play designed for a WR to get open, WR gets open but Lamar is staring down Mark Andrews in double coverage the whole time.

• Like 2

On 10/17/2022 at 12:00 PM, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

It's funny, this is the common excuse for our fans with Greg Roman as well. Then the All-22 drops and you see a play designed for a WR to get open, WR gets open but Lamar is staring down Mark Andrews in double coverage the whole time.

I don’t care if you are facing the LOB, there’s no nfl game where “no one is open” 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CP3MVP said:

I don’t care if you are facing the LOB, there’s no nfl game where “no one is open” 

Sometimes it's understandable if the QB doesn't see like the 4th read get open on their route, but most plays I'm talking about it's the 1st or 2nd read getting open that the QB doesn't see and then fans go "OUR OC SUCKS THESE PLAYS ARE GARBAGE WTF IS THAT PLAY CALL?!"

• Like 2

On 10/17/2022 at 12:00 PM, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

He's playing Joe Flacco 4D chess on spot foul DPI.