Week 7 Gameday Thread: Green Bay Packers (3-3-0) @ Washington Commanders (2-4-0)

Striker

Just now, HokieHigh said:

I think the # designation is kind of nonsense. His role is important and he is really good at it.

It's a niche role. A niche role in a position that tends to be relied upon for other skills, skills that Lazard ranges from decent to JAG status.

You like a guy like Lazard when at least 2-3 other guys are ahead of him on the depth chart, that way he can exploit single coverages on pass-heavy packages and be a terror on ST. He's Antonio Freeman early 00's when you think of him as 12's primary pass option out wide.

1 minute ago, mikebpackfan said:

I dunno.  I really can’t fault MLF in this one.  He is doing what he should. Getting the ball to our only playmaker, Jones.  Not calling deep shots on first downs.  We have to do better than going backwards every first down. 

our offense is sickly. MLF shares some responsibility there

3 minutes ago, HokieHigh said:

I think the # designation is kind of nonsense. His role is important and he is really good at it.

He might as well be a blocking TE.  What he does above average is block.  He's not a starting NFL pass receiver.   He's slow and has unreliable hands.  

1 minute ago, mikebpackfan said:

Yeah, those 3rd down drops should be catches but they definitely would be catches if they weren’t thrown at the WR shoestrings. 

If you put that ball higher there is a chance it is tipped and intercepted. The shoestring is on purpose i believe

• Like 1