Week 7: NY Jets vs DEN Broncos

Bobby816

5 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

This one shouldn’t be close. I still feel like the Moore drama will be a cloud over the teams energy. Just got a bad feeling about this one right now.

Whether it is or it isnt, he cant be on this team anymore. Whether the trade happens this season or in the offseason he has to go. He simply doesn't fit the criteria of the culture we want to instill. If I am Saleh I am reminding the team of last years trip to Denver and that is all. Moore has not been even close to a factor in our teams success this year. I hope we win and this propels Mims as a regular and we salvage that relationship opposed to Moores. Anybody who thinks the Moore situation is fixable is being extremely unrealistic.

1 minute ago, ekill08x said:

Whether it is or it isnt, he cant be on this team anymore. Whether the trade happens this season or in the offseason he has to go. He simply doesn't fit the criteria of the culture we want to instill. If I am Saleh I am reminding the team of last years trip to Denver and that is all. Moore has not been even close to a factor in our teams success this year. I hope we win and this propels Mims as a regular and we salvage that relationship opposed to Moores. Anybody who thinks the Moore situation is fixable is being extremely unrealistic.

The balls in his court now. Line was drawn that’s great not getting traded. He now knows if he’s not right mentally he won’t be active. 

2 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

The balls in his court now. Line was drawn that’s great not getting traded. He now knows if he’s not right mentally he won’t be active. 

The AVT video last year and the lazy route that cost Zach an INT coupled with his body language really bother me. Yeah maybe Zach doesn't complete that pass but that ball isnt getting picked if Moore runs a better route and doesn't quit on it. 6 point swing there, hes essentially been hurting us more than he is helping. Talented kid no doubt, but he has yet to really produce and his attitude sucks. Glad the GM is smart and wont just give him away either. We'll see how he reacts now but I don't see this being fixable UNLESS he comes out and makes a public apology AND shows a better attitude. Unfortunately I do think the only way we get what we want is now before the deadline. A team that needs a talented kid will give up the late 1 or early 2 to get him and help make a difference right now. Otherwise we trade a 2 for him in the offseason when you can simply draft a kid with more control and no attitude. I really think if we get offered the right pick we have to take it immediately.  

2 hours ago, ekill08x said:

The AVT video last year and the lazy route that cost Zach an INT coupled with his body language really bother me. Yeah maybe Zach doesn't complete that pass but that ball isnt getting picked if Moore runs a better route and doesn't quit on it. 6 point swing there, hes essentially been hurting us more than he is helping. Talented kid no doubt, but he has yet to really produce and his attitude sucks. Glad the GM is smart and wont just give him away either. We'll see how he reacts now but I don't see this being fixable UNLESS he comes out and makes a public apology AND shows a better attitude. Unfortunately I do think the only way we get what we want is now before the deadline. A team that needs a talented kid will give up the late 1 or early 2 to get him and help make a difference right now. Otherwise we trade a 2 for him in the offseason when you can simply draft a kid with more control and no attitude. I really think if we get offered the right pick we have to take it immediately.  

Wide Receivers typically come with these issues. Wilson often shows frustration on the field as well but never looks like he’s quitting on his assignment. Corey at times too. 

It’s like what Ron Middleton said, everyone wants to go to heaven(win/succeed) but nobody wants to die(sacrifice). Moore looks like he’s the one guy on the team who oozes that’s mentality and it’s frustrating. 

I know Rypiens last and only start was a win against us but this is a completely different team now.

Zero excuses not to go out there and get another road win. Mims should be an upgrade over Moore the way they’ve used him and it gives us another big RZ threat. 

1 hour ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Wide Receivers typically come with these issues. Wilson often shows frustration on the field as well but never looks like he’s quitting on his assignment. Corey at times too. 

It’s like what Ron Middleton said, everyone wants to go to heaven(win/succeed) but nobody wants to die(sacrifice). Moore looks like he’s the one guy on the team who oozes that’s mentality and it’s frustrating. 

I think the part the we all know is that the thing that’s rubbing everyone the wrong way is that’s he had this tantrum while we’re winning. It’s one thing to complain bc you think it will help the team bc we’re losing. But it’s a whole other dynamic when you’re having a tantrum and the team is winning. The narrative completely changes from a guy trying to help the team win… to its me football and I can careless that we’re winning, I need my stats.

I’ll stand by that this dude probably would’ve been cut by BB already. Antics like this don’t happen with great coached teams. I think we’re a team on the rise. But immaturity like this shows we aren’t in the conversation with top teams at all. Which I didn’t think we’d be in at all this year. 

Saw a thing mentioning Skyy Moore from KC. How he was drafted in a similar spot to Elijah and is barely getting used. Yet no peep from him. Given he’s a rookie… but still. High character guys just put their head down and play. Especially when the team is winning.

Moore showed his cards that the team is very far down on his list of priorities. If I were a teammate of his. I’d alienate him. Unless he had a HUGE apology to the whole team and his character matched his apology following. And I don’t see that happening.

So this saga is to be continued in my eyes.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, KimuraGod said:

I know Rypiens last and only start was a win against us but this is a completely different team now.

Zero excuses not to go out there and get another road win. Mims should be an upgrade over Moore the way they’ve used him and it gives us another big RZ threat. 

Stop the run. And if it’s Rypien and his WRs vs our CBs… I’ll take that all day.

Im not the most confident about this game, but the thought ive read of its scary because we lost to Rypien two years ago is funny.  We had Adam Gase as HC, only McGovern and Quinnen started for us then and Rypien still threw 3 picks that game.

How far we’ve come in a short time

10 minutes ago, Abe56 said:

Im not the most confident about this game, but the thought ive read of its scary because we lost to Rypien two years ago is funny.  We had Adam Gase as HC, only McGovern and Quinnen started for us then and Rypien still threw 3 picks that game.

Has to be one of the biggest roster turnovers ever for a team in 3 years.

1 hour ago, Abe56 said:

I’m not just saying this cause I was pro Gase but man that roster was dreadful lol. Dude had no chance. Side note Hackett is everything people said Gase was. 

1 hour ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I’m not just saying this cause I was pro Gase but man that roster was dreadful lol. Dude had no chance. Side note Hackett is everything people said Gase was. 

We need to appreciate Gase for what he has done for this organization, got Maccagnan fired and Joe Douglas hired. It all started with Gase. 

Maccagnan has to be one of the worst GMS of all time