Trade Deadline Discussion

RaidersAreOne

31 minutes ago, Forge said:

Why would he be available? Like you don't have to pay Trevor yet, so who are you paying? This would be a Khalil Mack to the Bears type trade right? Maybe a touch less, but that has to be one of the only comps right? Who is the Bears if this is a Mack deal?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Trojan said:

Why would he be available? Like you don't have to pay Trevor yet, so who are you paying? This would be a Khalil Mack to the Bears type trade right? Maybe a touch less, but that has to be one of the only comps right? Who is the Bears if this is a Mack deal?

It would be substantially less than a Khalil Mack type deal. 

11 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

It would be substantially less than a Khalil Mack type deal. 

Josh Allen would be substantially less?

Raiders: year 1 first, year 1 6th + year 2 first, year 2 third
Bears: Khalil Mack, year 1 second, year 1 6th

Why would the Jaguars trade their best asset that isn't Lawrence for substantially less? Who are they spending that future contract money on? They'd need a resource to just replace him and take the risk of that prospect busting. Raiders went and gambled on Clelin Ferrell (and got lucky Maxx Crosby panned). Why would the Jaguars take less? The only thing that would make sense to me is if Josh Allen told Jacksonville he's definitely hitting FA and leaving or something like that. Who says no if it is:

Chiefs: Josh Allen, year 1 second round pick (currently 40th)
Jaguars: year 1 first (currently bottom 28-32 projection), year 2 1st

I don't think KC says no because it is the type of move that might be the difference in a BUF/KC match up. I don't know if Jacksonville would because that seems risky to me. I would think substantially less than that and Jacksonville would be foolish to do it.

1 hour ago, Trojan said:

I think this is more about them having to come to a decision on who they think he is moving forward. I don't watch enough of the Jags to be able to say.

I wonder if there is a question on ultimately what he is. You don't really hear a lot of people talk about him. His sack numbers are fine, but unspectacular.  Is he a really good secondary piece, or a building block? Is he the type of player you want to pay 28 million a year to? It's fine if that's where you end up, but if you can get a first for him and use that money elsewhere, is that more appealing? If you view him as a Yannick-esque tier player, I can kind of understand why you may not want to give that guy a ton of money. That's where teams can really get into trouble - overpaying solid or good players who aren't great. 

Teams do this all the time if we are being honest and often they don't even get the pick that the Jags would likely get here. I mean, Baltimore walked away from Matt Judon, for example. The Bengals let Carl Lawson go, etc. 

1 hour ago, Trojan said:

Mack was actually an elite player 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Trojan said:

Why would the Jaguars trade their best asset that isn't Lawrence for substantially less? Who are they spending that future contract money on? They'd need a resource to just replace him and take the risk of that prospect busting. Raiders went and gambled on Clelin Ferrell (and got lucky Maxx Crosby panned). Why would the Jaguars take less? The only thing that would make sense to me is if Josh Allen told Jacksonville he's definitely hitting FA and leaving or something like that. 

Mack was averaging 12+ sacks a season and was a year removed from being DPOY. Josh Allen’s not on that level.

3 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

not gonna lie the few times ive watched Colts games thsi year and the announcers have said "Shaq Leonard", I had no idea who they were talking about

He's only played 1 game this season due to various health woes, but it looks like the Colts other LB's are solid enough to where if the right offer came, Indy might want to pull the trigger. Not sure how much dead cap it would be to trade Leonard though, I know he signed a new deal recently.