Trade Deadline Discussion

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Prove me wrong: 

The Panthers turned it down because it included cam Akers

Cam Akers has almost zero real value for Carolina with Foreman coming on strong post Caff trade, and coupled with those 2 firsts likely being the back 1/2 of the 1st, not enough IMO. Granted, there's a chance LA falls of drastically and those picks are high, but I think Carolina is doing a "mini rebuild" by keeping that young core intact as opposed to a full scale "burn it down" that we've seen.

They have a few young pieces on defense to go with a high OT pick, a decent young RB, and D.J. Moore who I believe is a solid #2 WR/low end #1.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

If the Lions are selling like this, I can't imagine Dan Campbell lasting much longer. How do you establish a culture and then your GM fire-sales your roster?

Selling like what? They got fair compensation for a guy that likely isn't worth resigning next year. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, BofaDeez54927 said:

Selling like what? They got fair compensation for a guy that likely isn't worth resigning next year. 

Reports are they're not done, and they're fielding offers for other players as well. You're not selling like this if you're actually rebuilding with this coach.

And not re-signing Hock is laughable considering how important a good quality TE is for a potentially high QB draft pick.

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Reports are they're not done, and they're fielding offers for other players as well. You're not selling like this if you're actually rebuilding with this coach.

And not re-signing Hock is laughable considering how important a good quality TE is for a potentially high QB draft pick.

They're going to have a pretty good OL paired with Swift, Jamo and ARSB. Laughable to think it's only the TE that matters. 

Inconsistent hands, inconsistent blocker and rarely does anything after the catch... $14 million per? 

Guys definitely has talent but has rarely put it all together. 

• Like 3