Packers Trade For Nobody Day 557

MacReady

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

If I'm Pittsburgh, I'm taking Chicago's picks instead of GBs, too.

So offer a 2024 conditional pick on top of the 2nd. If he plays well, losing the pick won't hurt, if he doesn't, the pick loss would be minimal. Claypool was the perfect fit for what Gute and LaFleur covet and they still didn't get him.

We're too good to get a top 10 pick and too bad to be a contender. That's ineptitude from your FO and staff.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

So offer a 2024 conditional pick on top of the 2nd. If he plays well, losing the pick won't hurt, if he doesn't, the pick loss would be minimal. Claypool was the perfect fit for what Gute and LaFleur covet and they still didn't get him.

We're too good to get a top 10 pick and too bad to be a contender. That's ineptitude from your FO and staff.

LaFleur already said yesterday, they aren't going to do any "silly" trades. That means if they can't get Claypool for a conditional 8th round pick, it's not worth it. 

5 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Agree.

If ever there was a season that needed a move....we're hip deep in it right now.

Just now, beekay414 said:

Claypool is a piss poor route runner, has poor hands and looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane. There's a reason Pittsburgh is moving on from him and selling him at his highest perceived value. It's not a loss whatsoever.

He's never had a QB who could accurately throw 10 yards down field. Now he wouldn't have had that here either....but I still think he was the best fit of them all for this scheme. Excellent blocker.

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I'm surprised by your desire to trade for a WR, no WR not already on the roster is moving the needle for the Packer this season. 

Just now, Packerraymond said:

He's never had a QB who could accurately throw 10 yards down field. Now he wouldn't have had that here either....but I still think he was the best fit of them all for this scheme. Excellent blocker.

Yeah but he doesn't get open consistently at all and he doesn't have the hands to be a contested catch guy despite being 6'4" 230. He'd just be more of the same. We need quick twitch route running if we're going to go after a WR. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, R T said:

I'm surprised by your desire to trade for a WR, no WR not already on the roster is moving the needle for the Packer this season. 

That is a GB management problem. I doubt many of us are surprised by the lack of productivity at the position. They need to figure out how to move the needle with a WR addition if they want us to be competitive this season.

4 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Claypool is a piss poor route runner, has poor hands and looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane. There's a reason Pittsburgh is moving on from him and selling him at his highest perceived value. It's not a loss whatsoever.

So he's a non-injury prone Christian Watson?