Packers Trade For Nobody Day 557

MacReady

1 minute ago, St Vince said:

Exactly! Anyone who knows the Packer way should know its not happening. People forget Gute is a Thompson protege. Like Thompson he holds on to draft picks with a death grip.

To be fair to Gute and Thompson (and Sherman?), I don't think the Packers have made a significant in-season trade dating back to before Wolf. Might just be a general philosophy from the Wolf tree.

2 minutes ago, Striker said:

To be fair to Gute and Thompson (and Sherman?), I don't think the Packers have made a significant in-season trade dating back to before Wolf. Might just be a general philosophy from the Wolf tree.

I'd argue that the philosophy is that you never overpay for players in a salary cap league. Draft well, sign your free agents to market or below market deals, or sign someone else cap casualty to a bargain deal (that way they don't affect compensatory picks). But under no circumstances should you overpay for players in free agency or at the trade deadline.

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

The Titans are 5-2 with a far worse WR group.

100%

They have an identity as an offense and Defense.

Now, they are also a really terrible 5-2 team.  They've won close games and I don't expect them to have any kind of success this year.

• Like 1