Packers Trade For Nobody Day 557

MacReady

3 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I agree with this logic but let's not give Gute the benefit of the doubt here. He wasn't trading for anyone regardless of our record, resources or otherwise. He just doesn't do it, and he's proven it the past 3 years. This is just another Tuesday. 

Agreed, Gute is a bargain hunter and would never splurge on a steak dinner just to enjoy life. He shops like my mom. It's brought the Packers lots of nice years, but not a lot of titles. It is what it is.

5 minutes ago, umphrey said:

If he really believes that then give up some picks in round 3 or 4 and get a WR or TE. Those picks are not going to kill our future if we give them away. 

I agree, but who are you getting for a 3rd round pick? Keep in mind that we have basically $0 in salary cap too. 

3 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Some later than others, but everyone is starting to see it at this point. This continued "half-measure" approach by Gutey just doesn't make any sense.  

Bottom line is they thought they could compete with the team they have now... and they clearly can't.

It doesn't make sense to go from the low end of mediocre to the high end of mediocre while making poor value trades.

The defense is not good enough to carry them.  That was the plan, and it simply isn't working.  Adding to the offense  now will give them a chance to lose in the wild card round while paying with future assets.  It sucks, it hurts, but it's probably the right call given the previous mistakes made.

2 minutes ago, pgwingman said:

Agreed, Gute is a bargain hunter and would never splurge on a steak dinner just to enjoy life. He shops like my mom. It's brought the Packers lots of nice years, but not a lot of titles. It is what it is.

I agree, but who are you getting for a 3rd round pick? Keep in mind that we have basically $0 in salary cap too. 

30 some years of Hall of fame QB's .. 2 titles.  The Packers way works .. moderately.  Honestly we should have double the titles by now if not more.

3 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

Bottom line is they thought they could compete with the team they have now... and they clearly can't.

It doesn't make sense to go from the low end of mediocre to the high end of mediocre while making poor value trades.

The defense is not good enough to carry them.  That was the plan, and it simply isn't working.  Adding to the offense  now will give them a chance to lose in the wild card round while paying with future assets.  It sucks, it hurts, but it's probably the right call given the previous mistakes made.

Then we should've tried to sell Jones, Savage,  maybe Jenkins or Tonyan.

• Like 2

Just now, {Family Ghost} said:

30 some years of Hall of fame QB's .. 2 titles.  The Packers way works .. moderately.  Honestly we should have double the titles by now if not more.

Totally agree. I would say they should have beaten the 2014 Seahawks and the 2020 Bucs. I thought they had a decent chance to win in 2021 against the Rams too. 

3 minutes ago, Mdpackfan22 said:

Far worse? I don't know about that. But Titans are a running team with the best RB in football. That's their identity. We're a passing team with a 50m/QB and no weapons. Those situations aren't really comparable

We are also a running team at this point. 

Our 50m/QB isn't having a notably more impactful passing game than Lauren Tannehill's husband. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

We are also a running team at this point. 

Our 50m/QB isn't having a notably more impactful passing game than Lauren Tannehill's husband. 

It's not like Tannehill is making peanuts. The Titans are paying him like $36m/year on the cap lmao.