Packers Trade For Nobody Day 557

MacReady

Just now, Packerraymond said:

The smart fans want direction. We have none, that's a lack of leadership.

Smart fans would know that having a 4 man leadership, you're going to have differing opinions. We've got too many ******* cooks in the kitchen. Murphy needs to get the **** out of the way and let Gute do his job.

• Like 1

Just now, Packerraymond said:

The smart fans want direction. We have none, that's a lack of leadership.

I think it’s pretty obvious...Rodgers comes back for another year or two. I wanted something done more than anybody, but what are you to do if: 

-Denver won’t trade jeudy 

-Carolina won’t trade DJ moore 

-Pittsburgh wants a first for claypool 

-Texans won’t eat any of the $18 mill for cooks? 

“GO TRADE FOR AJ GREEN TO SHOW WE ARE SERIOUS”.....give me a break. 

Just now, skibrett15 said:

I think there is something to the "sell tickets not win games" take.  But I think it's like a tiebreaker rather than a true direction.

So when you have no direction, why not sell tickets -- that's kind of where it feels like this team is right now.

The team will sell tickets no matter what, win or lose. They pride themselves on their fanbase's loyalty. Time for them to prove it and for Murphy to get out of the way.

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Because the NCAA doesn't give a crap of it's a level playing field and the NFL goes out of its way to ensure it is.

Murphy's done his job, the stadium district is as profitable as ever. I still think this more has to do with the lack of balls from our HC and GM. 

Especially the GM! Rodgers called Gute out bigtime two off seasons ago and Gute caved like a coward. His *** should have been headed to Denver as soon as that interview came out. 

4 minutes ago, fistfullofbeer said:

When you re-sign your aging QB to as much money as he did, traded his most reliable WR (for cap concerns) but did not bring a reliable one back in FA or trade expecting the rookies to step it up, I am not surprised at all.

Agree, but 90% of fans would agree that trading a back to back MVP who could theoretically play a few more seasons at that level is not easy. At the end of August, I (and most fans) would have agreed that this team had 1-2 more super bowl runs in them.

Gute made the reasonable decision to roll the dice with Rodgers one more time. Wrong in hindsight, but not crazy at the time.

1 minute ago, MaryTsraining3s said:

I think it’s pretty obvious...Rodgers comes back for another year or two. I wanted something done more than anybody, but what are you to do if: 

Did they get a first for Claypool? Not that I want him but pretty sure they did not get a 1st for him. 

2020 is an all time bad draft when situation is evaluated with the picks. Jordan Love sucks and we were already good at RB. Green Bay is the worst city in the NFL and next to impossible to get guys to come here. Odell nearly fell in our lap and gute went cheap mode.

He should be fired for not getting a number 2 with Adams here via trade or draft. Instead he throws 3rd round picks away and refuses to part with them.

The bee and RT cry babies mocked the cobb trade and made it out like it was Rodgers being a diva. Turns out that's the best move gute has made for the offense which is pathetic.

2 minutes ago, MaryTsraining3s said:

If they want Rodgers back next year, I'll struggle to watch. If there's anything this year has highlighted big and bold, it's the time to close the chapter on this era, not prolong it. Love needs a season before the option year to see what he is. If he sucks, time to draft another.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

That's how it worked out, but it could have gone another way.  I think this team had promise, it just really underperfomed pretty much across the board.

how many players are performing at or above their 2020/2021 level

Offense:  Jones, maybe Nijman??

Defense:  Gary, Clark ???, (maybe Jaire is close to 2020)

so many players are underperforming for a variety of reasons: 

Offense:  Rodgers, Bahktiari (compared to regular season 2020), Runyan, Newman, Jenkins (injury related), Tonyan (injury related), Lazard, Dillon, Cobb (injury related)

Defense:  Lowry, Campbell, Preston Smith, Stokes, Douglas, Amos, Savage

Hard to foresee that type of drop off from so many players.  some injury related, some scheme related, some impacted by surrounding players/talent

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

If they want Rodgers back next year, I'll struggle to watch. If there's anything this year has highlighted big and bold, it's the time to close the chapter on this era, not prolong it. Love needs a season before the option year to see what he is. If he sucks, time to draft another.

Love sucks dude. He's gone after the season and its 12 for another few years.