Packers Trade For Nobody Day 557

MacReady

23 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

Agree, I'm not disappointed Gute didn't make a trade.  I'm shocked if he offered a 2 for Claypool.  Claypool wouldn't have moved the needle that much for us.  

I feel the same way, good pickup for Chicago who's in a full rebuild. I think Gute breathe a sigh of relief when they decided to trade him to Chicago.

Think the only reason Gute made the attempt was to appease Rodgers,the fanbase and to keep from getting roasted in the local and national media.

46 minutes ago, pgwingman said:

I suppose I just disagree on that point.  If Rodgers were traded he would have been twice as spiteful. With that level of spite he could have made a playoff team with WR corps in the league

There is the disconnect. You don't acquire Rodgers hoping for a playoff team. You acquire him and give up the farm to win a Super Bowl. 

• Like 1

I'm not even upset we didn't land Claypool. I don't think anyone outside of Davante would make this offense exponentially better right now. Lafleur needs to get control of the team, defensive players leaking things to the media about Joe Barry is already a bad sign. He looks shook and the last two games he's been coaching like it.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Only if Jones agrees to take a huge pay cut or GB agree to guarantee a boatload of cash to a smallish RB heading into his 7th season.

Feel ya. It's probably Dillon time for the future. Still ******* love what Jones been doing this year. I'll always be fond there

14 minutes ago, Cpdaly23 said:

Yes they can, though it would involve pushing cap pain into ‘24/25, even with a new deal.  

**** it...

Delay the pain. That being said, I hate paying RBs and didn't like that one either. They restructured there once already? Yeah idk. Everything ******* sideways right now.

Bahk one hurts the most. 

Just now, Mazrimiv said:

Jones and Gary are literally the only players on the team I enjoy watching right now.

Other guys have their flashes. Tonyan is still my dude. Degura a bit unsung. Still think the secondary can get right in theory

Just now, Norm said:

**** it...

Delay the pain. That being said, I hate paying RBs and didn't like that one either. They restructured there once already? Yeah idk. Everything ******* sideways right now.

Bahk one hurts the most. 

I 100% believe they had intended to move on from Jones after this year.  Now I am 100% convinced they cannot.  If they were planning on releasing him, they should have traded him today and picked up a 2nd round pick +.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Cpdaly23 said:

I 100% believe they had intended to move on from Jones after this year.  Now I am 100% convinced they cannot.  If they were planning on releasing him, they should have traded him today and picked up a 2nd round pick +.  

Think they have to walk softly because of that ridiculously structured contract they gave Rodgers. Trading Jones would be showing Rodgers that the Packers are not committed to win. He already said in January he doesn't want to be apart of a rebuild. By selling key pieces like Jones may lead Rodgers not to come back next season leaving us with that enormous cap hit. Probably Gute's worse nightmare.

31 minutes ago, cannondale said:

I've posted the same info before. I believe it was Andy Herman who said there were whispers about how good Rodgers was gonna be from coaches and players. Take it for what it's worth. 

The Packers were ready to move on from Favre with Rodgers.  That's far from the case for Love.  The Packers signed Rodgers to 3 one year contracts making him the highest paid player in the game.  That says a lot.  I'm not saying Love is a bust, I'm just saying if you want the next franchise QB, start looking.  Love might be in the league for awhile, but he'll be a middle of the road starter always looking over his shoulder.   JMO