2022-2023 NBA GDT: The regular season is finally over!

11sanchez11

I am so happy that Sabonis is able to play through his broken thumb injury. Kings would be sunk if he had to miss a chunk of time. The West is such a clusterfugg right now that teams just get buried if their stars have to miss any extended time. The Suns right now are a good example of that.  Dude is an absolute stud who is the engine for their elite offense. Still sucks that he's gonna have to play through it and in pain for the next handful of weeks, but it hasn't hindered his production one bit these past 2 games. All-Star lock(he should sit out the game, however)

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

I am so happy that Sabonis is able to play through his broken thumb injury. Kings would be sunk if he had to miss a chunk of time. The West is such a clusterfugg right now that teams just get buried if their stars have to miss any extended time. The Suns right now are a good example of that.  Dude is an absolute stud who is the engine for their elite offense. Still sucks that he's gonna have to play through it and in pain for the next handful of weeks, but it hasn't hindered his production one bit these past 2 games. All-Star lock(he should sit out the game, however)

Suns without Booker feel both very bad and still alright depending on the game. They took the Pels to OT and beat the Grizz in Memphis without him but then turn around and get swept by Washington, lose to the Raptors, lose to the Rockets. Honestly seems like a coaching problem of getting them up for the right games and then obviously just inconsistency with worse players getting more minutes.

Just needed to say that I really don’t want to take this moment in time in the NBA for granted. Feels like we’re in a special time for the league

-Aging All Time Greats still playing at an elite level (Lebron, KD, Curry)

-All Time greats in the prime of their careers playing as great as ever (Jokic, Giannis, Embiid)

-The beginning of the prime of some guys with potential to be an all timer (Tatum, Booker and Mitchell to a lesser degree)

-The infancy stages in the career of guys with unlimited talent (Luka, Ja, Zion)

-Just a splatter of talent all through the league (Jaylen Brown, Sabonis, SGA, just to name a few)

-The “Wembanyama sweepstakes” that lingers around.

Not taking this for granted. Guess that’s why I’ve watched more regular season NBA this year than I have in years.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, TitanSlim said:

Just needed to say that I really don’t want to take this moment in time in the NBA for granted. Feels like we’re in a special time for the league

-Aging All Time Greats still playing at an elite level (Lebron, KD, Curry)

-All Time greats in the prime of their careers playing as great as ever (Jokic, Giannis, Embiid)

-The beginning of the prime of some guys with potential to be an all timer (Tatum, Booker and Mitchell to a lesser degree)

-The infancy stages in the career of guys with unlimited talent (Luka, Ja, Zion)

-Just a splatter of talent all through the league (Jaylen Brown, Sabonis, SGA, just to name a few)

-The “Wembanyama sweepstakes” that lingers around.

Not taking this for granted. Guess that’s why I’ve watched more regular season NBA this year than I have in years.

You left out Rudy gobert. Lolol

2 hours ago, adamq said:

How does Dallas build around him though? Hard to find another star or especially two who want to stand and watch Luka dominate the ball 

Not easily. They don't have a 2023 1st to trade and are down multiple 2nds in the future as well. They've got a lot of cap space tied up in some serious JAG players for the next 2-3 years. That doesn't even include their 2nd best offensive player in Christian Wood, who will either walk this summer or tie their cap up even more in a guy who doesn't move the needle. It's going to be very tough.

• Like 1

After a good start to the season, Ja Morant is shooting about 27% from 3 on 5.5 3s per game since 11/1. I'm glad he's not always putting his body on the line since he's kind of fragile, but good lord he needs to recalibrate some of his 3s.

Des Bane also forgot how to shoot and pass since his injury. 6 assists in 5 games and 6/32 from 3.

Nets are at 11 in a row. 16-1 in their last 17 games and have the 2nd best record in the NBA. Who would’ve thought that when they were 1-5 to start the season?

Im loving it too. They are playing great team basketball and just having fun. People are still saying, can they keep it up? What distraction going to happen next? Well barring injuries to KD or just a rash of injuries to key guys the Nets are in it for the long run this season. They have shown to have all the pieces to win the title. They can tweak the roster by getting another big to help with rebounding. They could use another wing as well. Outside of that this team is right there.

4 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

Nets are at 11 in a row. 16-1 in their last 17 games and have the 2nd best record in the NBA. Who would’ve thought that when they were 1-5 to start the season?

Im loving it too. They are playing great team basketball and just having fun. People are still saying, can they keep it up? What distraction going to happen next? Well barring injuries to KD or just a rash of injuries to key guys the Nets are in it for the long run this season. They have shown to have all the pieces to win the title. They can tweak the roster by getting another big to help with rebounding. They could use another wing as well. Outside of that this team is right there.

Far cry from all the Houston fans crowing about owning the Nets' 1st round picks earlier this season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 11sanchez11 said:

turned on the den/bos gm and both teams are just going up and down really quickly doing a bunch of bad stuff

this game has now been delayed for 20 minutes because robert williams bent the rim. what a start to the year